A Flower from the East

All introductions go in here; established members are kindly asked to be as courteous as their minds allow them to be.

A Flower from the East

Unread postby Flower » 1st January, 2018, 9:12 pm

So, here goes nothing.

First name or nickname: If I Anglicise my name, its Joseph / Jose. My nickname is Flower. But in Turkish, its "Çiçek"
Orientation: Gay
How did you find the site, and why did you sign up?: I always liked the idea of forums, I'm active in a forum for more than five years. So I decided to give here a try.
Where do you live?: Where two continents, two seas, east and west meet. It may look like a riddle but its very easy.
Occupation/Studies: High School. I prioritize learning new languages. At the moment, we're learning English and French at the school. Je parle français :) [I wish I had a Spanish teacher though]
Life goals: Nothing. I don't like the way that people thinks about themselves as a "unique snowflake". My only wish, aim, goal [whatever] is to see my country became a place that the new generations of lgbtq people can live free.
In your free time you like to: In my free time, I research Queer history and read a lot. Like, a lot.
What are your talents?: I can learn languages easily. I am a natural. I can memorize everything and I can give speeches. I like politics. [When you live in Turkey, politics become your life as the people are divided to the three; the secularists, the fundemantalist muslims and the separatist Kurds]
An interesting fact about you:
Your personal hero is...: Chris Colfer. He made me realise that we can be more than some effeminate cliche.
Your celebrity crush is...: Hmm, Luke Mitchell.
Your favourite movies are...: The Lord of The Rings and V for Vendetta.
Favourite TV shows/books/songs right now?: Lotr and Game of Thrones. As songs, any Vanessa Carlton song is my favourite.
What is your political philosophy or beliefs?: I support aristocracy because I've seen how uneducated people can harm a country. I also support State Atheism.
Are you a follower of any religion?: I strongly oppose religion.
Drinking, drugs or sobriety?: No.
What animal best represents you?: Wolf. Stronger alone.
Best thing about you?: I combine optimism with sarcasm.
Worst thing about you?: I have to moods: Too happy and too angry. Both is bad.
A star is a star, it doesn’t matter where in the sky I shine.
Flower

Likes received: 10

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
1 / 7

Re: A Flower from the East

Unread postby boiii » 2nd January, 2018, 5:11 am

Hello Joseph :D
Welcome here!!!

ImageImage
boiii
spiderboiiii

First name: Kamiel
Likes received: 251

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Gavin » 2nd January, 2018, 5:25 am

Welcomeee :D glad to have you here :keke:

ImageImage
Gavin
Kevin but shittier

First name: Gavin
Likes received: 200

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
1 / 7

Team: Cheer Team

2 points have been awarded for this post.

Unread postby CRUSTY SEA MILF » 2nd January, 2018, 5:38 am

Welcome to the server Joseph! How did you get the nickname flower, if you don't mind me asking? :)

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
CRUSTY SEA MILF wrote:You the right boob to my left, the peanut butter to my jelly, the Donald to my Melania, the Trisha Paytas to my 5 pounds of salami
CRUSTY SEA MILF
Egregious Infundibular

First name: Brennan/wolbre4
Likes received: 422

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
3 / 7

Unread postby Kaspar » 2nd January, 2018, 7:32 am

Flower wrote:So,
Where do you live?: Where two continents, two seas, east and west meet. It may look like a riddle but its very easy.

Uuu, how is it in Istanbul? :keke:
But excuse me, first of all - welcome :D You should check out our discord too if you haven't yet and umm have fun! :heart:
Proudly, the Captain of team Spirited Away
House Cup 2017

ImageImage
ImageImage
Kaspar
Lochlan's cat enthusiast

First name: Kacper
Likes received: 703

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
1 / 7

Unread postby ItsMeJack » 2nd January, 2018, 8:44 am

Hi, welcome here!! :keke:
ItsMeJack

Likes received: 35

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Flower » 2nd January, 2018, 9:03 am

wolbre04 wrote:Welcome to the server Joseph! How did you get the nickname flower, if you don't mind me asking? :)

I typed it to the "nickname" part. :)

Jokes aside, It comes from my original nickname; Numellote [Flower of the West]. It's the elvish name of the Numenorian king Tar Palantir [Ar Inzaladun] who is the last king before the doom of Numenor.

I was going to take "Flower of the West" but then I realized it was too long and I'm not from the west. So I settled on something basic, Flower. :)
Flower

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
1 / 7

Unread postby Zephyrus » 2nd January, 2018, 11:12 am

Welcome to the forum. :keke:
Image Image
Zephyrus
Formerly "BucketTech"

First name: Tyler
Likes received: 104

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
3 / 7

Team: Nerd Herd

Unread postby Fadi » 2nd January, 2018, 12:24 pm

Welcome to the forum Flower! I

half a joke but which type of flower do you prefer? :D
Odd Squad Image Odd Squad
Fadi
Compulsive Hugger

First name: Fady
Likes received: 75

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Team: Odd Squad

Unread postby Hierax » 2nd January, 2018, 1:31 pm

Welcome Çiçek! Looking forward to meet u!
ImageImage
Hierax
Flazéda

Likes received: 380

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby JonathanT88 » 2nd January, 2018, 4:23 pm

Hello Joseph, welcome to GTF! You sound like an interesting fellow. Make sure you get involved on our url=https://discord.gg/RF5N7Fx]Discord chatroom[/url], it's the place you stand the best chance of actually having a chat with and getting to know us. Look forward to seeing you about!

(Independent Kurdistan: yes or no?)
Gudrun wrote:

"How many times have I told you? Homosexuality is only to be used for revolutionary purposes!"

Image ImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImage
JonathanT88
Horny Jonathan of the Homosexual Intifada

First name: Jonathan (duh.)
Likes received: 786

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Deither » 2nd January, 2018, 5:38 pm

Bienvenue! oui oui, baguette, beaucoup francais!

ImageImage

The only two time official winner of GTF's Powertop award
Deither
Knope's Ben Wyatt

Likes received: 48

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
1 / 7

Unread postby Dolly » 2nd January, 2018, 9:56 pm

Howdy :keke:
Dolly
hotty & country singer

Likes received: 855

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
1 / 7

Unread postby Flower » 3rd January, 2018, 10:14 am

JonathanT88 wrote:(Independent Kurdistan: yes or no?)

I'm not patriotic but no. Because "stronger together".

Yugoslavia, a multicultural nation, was a formidable state until it disbanded. They were a major country. But just because they wanted to be independent, they lost their status in the world. They're like "Monten-who?" Different peoples can live in a country, united as one or they can be alone and weak. You can't break a pile of twigs but you can break a twig.

[Now from on, you can check everything I said from the Internet. It is real and I can prove everything I said so don't come up with "you're commiting hate crime"]

Other than that, yes. The eastern Turkey and western Turkey is different. Like, literally different. Like the Catalonia - Spain kind of thing.

We, the west; produce more than 90% of the total value. İstanbul, Ankara, İzmir, Konya, Trabzon etc. The east contributes to nothing. Furthermore, state spends more money to there than us. Just to make them richer so they can't cry about the "föşix tece" [A word used by the terroists to slander the goverment. It is now used to riddicule them]

They have lower taxes to encourage people but they don't even pay taxes!

They use illegal electricity, illegal water, illegal gas. Who pays for it? I PAY FOR IT. Legal electric consumption in the east varies from 8% - 30%. The government allows them because it is afraid that they will join the terrorists.

Some of the officers of state who goes to east got murdered. Do you want to know why? Terrorists kill them so they can say "föşix tece didn't sent us teachers so we're uneducated. Föşix tece didn't sent us doctors, so we died" etc.

Some of them refuse to learn Turkish and demand everyone on the east to learn Kurdish. Its like living in America and asking everyone to learn Chinese.

They have higher crime rates because of the illiteracy and poorer life conditions.

They live in a feodal society. They have "aşiret"s and "ağa"s. "Aşiret" is a group consists more than 100 people to 40.000 people. They are all loyal to the "ağa", who is like a king to them. They do what he says.

The ones in the west are good though. They work, they pay taxes, speak Turkish, they're educated etc. I'm not saying all of the east is bad but it certainly is not like what you think about them. Most of the international media does not show this to you.

Lightboy wrote:half a joke but which type of flower do you prefer? :D

Hyacint. It takes his name from a gay drama caused by two gods over a mortal boy. Other than that, its beautiful.
Flower

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
1 / 7

Unread postby Mcmmigas » 3rd January, 2018, 4:43 pm

Welcome to GTF my dear friend :D
Mcmmigas

First name: Miguel
Likes received: 14

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Team: Odd Squad

Unread postby ireland » 5th January, 2018, 1:09 am

Welcome :D Interesting to read about Turkish politics ^^
ireland

First name: Connor
Likes received: 29

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Amordeyn » 6th January, 2018, 2:17 am

Hey there Joseph! Welcome to GTF~ It's great to have you here :P

Flower wrote:Where do you live?: Where two continents, two seas, east and west meet. It may look like a riddle but its very easy.

I'm never going to get it XD

Flower wrote:An interesting fact about you:

There has to be something.

Flower wrote:Best thing about you?: I combine optimism with sarcasm.
Worst thing about you?: I have to moods: Too happy and too angry. Both is bad.

These are both me. Honestly. Well, I also have a depressing mood, so :/

Anyways, welcome! I hope you have a wonderful time here!
Something or rather was here a minute ago... Let me see if I can find it.

Amordeyn

First name: Avery-Asher

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Recently active