Am I Lesbian or am I Bisexual? I have a girlfriend

This is the place to discuss and get advice about things like coming out and relationships. Everyone is expected to be courteous here.

Am I Lesbian or am I Bisexual? I have a girlfriend

Unread postby Onelonelyrainbow » 12th November, 2018, 11:56 am

Hi, I am a bit confused as to which label I should use when I come out. My mom is homophobic so when I come out she needs a firm label that she will understand. I feel the need to come out sooner because I hate having such a secretive relationship with my girlfriend. As far as my attraction, I am probably 98% into girls. Guys when I look at them are attractive but when I think of everything that comes with them (sex, kissing, cuddling) I want no part of it. The reason I am confused for a label though is because I’ve seen myself go from liking mostly girls to liking guys again once before. I’m scared that I’ll say I’m a lesbian and later I’ll go back to being into guys. I’m worried that I’ll put up all this fuss with my family about being gay, and then end up marrying a man. Could this be compulsory heterosexuality? Thanks.
Onelonelyrainbow

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Re: Am I Lesbian or am I Bisexual? I have a girlfriend

Unread postby Robert 96 » 12th November, 2018, 12:51 pm

Onelonelyrainbow wrote:As far as my attraction, I am probably 98% into girls. Guys when I look at them are attractive but when I think of everything that comes with them (sex, kissing, cuddling) I want no part of it. The reason I am confused for a label though is because I’ve seen myself go from liking mostly girls to liking guys again once before.

Did the bolded stuff change during those periods?
Robert 96

Likes received: 2

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Onelonelyrainbow » 12th November, 2018, 12:57 pm

A decent but not large amount, yes. It was mostly just their faces that I was more attracted to.
Onelonelyrainbow

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

PostThis post was deleted by René on 12th November, 2018, 1:05 pm.
Reason: Double post

Unread postby Robert 96 » 12th November, 2018, 1:13 pm

So you've never really been in a situation where you could see yourself enter a relationship with a man and it's just hypothetical?

What's your age, may I ask?
Robert 96

Likes received: 2

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Afriendlyshistar » 13th November, 2018, 7:58 pm

Literally same. I say bisexual because there is still an attraction to guys even if it’s a super tiny amount. And as for you and your relationship the best thing is to be open with it.
Afriendlyshistar

First name: Sarah

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Recently active