Should I confess or?

This is the place to discuss and get advice about things like coming out and relationships. Everyone is expected to be courteous here.

Should I confess or?

Unread postby _Annoyed » 4th November, 2018, 1:25 am

I've been online friends with another guy who lives in the UAE that I am 90 percent sure has feelings for me, and while I feel the same way I am unsure if he would get into any type of trouble if I were to confess my feelings for him and he were to respond positively. Personally, my reasoning is that if he isn't necessarily trying to keep anything secret than it should be fine to address the elephant in the room, yet I still feel like the whole scenario is too risky. What're your thoughts on the situation?
_Annoyed

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Re: Should I confess or?

Unread postby Robert 96 » 4th November, 2018, 7:48 am

Have you asked him how he feels about the risk?

Is it just gay sex that's illegal there or relationships too?
Robert 96

Likes received: 2

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Hierax » 4th November, 2018, 7:55 am

Online relationships are usually a no-go for me, so I wouldn't go there... But if you want to try it, there wouldn't be any harm in confessing how you feel, I think.
Try being careful in how you approach the situation though, if you aren't 100% sure if he's into you. Maybe try asking if he likes someone or anything and see how that progresses.

Keep us up-to-date!
ImageImage
Hierax
Flaz├ęda

Likes received: 383

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby ItsMeJack » 4th November, 2018, 6:24 pm

Like Hierax said, get more information about how he feels.
If you still aren't sure after that, be careful that it doesn't make things weird between you and him.
Plus an online relation isn't the most easy to maintain.
ItsMeJack

Likes received: 36

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Russell » 4th November, 2018, 9:31 pm

Is he aware of your orientation/are you aware of his? Honestly, I'd say you should just go for it. Don't come on too heavy though, saying that you're in love with him straight off the bat is a good way to scare him away. I'd personally test the waters a bit by dropping hints about your interest, and if all goes well, then bite the bullet and ask him if the attraction is mutual.
I'm not arrogant. I'm just better than you.
--------
Death is lighter than a feather; duty heavier than a mountain.
Russell
Heart of a Chilf, Soul of a Dragon

First name: Spaceman
Likes received: 52

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby _Annoyed » 5th November, 2018, 3:54 pm

Robert 96 wrote:Have you asked him how he feels about the risk?

Is it just gay sex that's illegal there or relationships too?

Everything not heterosexual basically, and I am unsure of how he feels about the risk
_Annoyed

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby _Annoyed » 5th November, 2018, 3:57 pm

Hierax wrote:Online relationships are usually a no-go for me, so I wouldn't go there... But if you want to try it, there wouldn't be any harm in confessing how you feel, I think.
Try being careful in how you approach the situation though, if you aren't 100% sure if he's into you. Maybe try asking if he likes someone or anything and see how that progresses.

Keep us up-to-date!

With my friend being as keen as he is it would be a huge giveaway if I asked him if he was into anybody. Ig I might just straight out ask if he is into me, no harm done if it is otherwise , and I will try and keep up to date on the situation, thanks for the advice.
_Annoyed

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby _Annoyed » 5th November, 2018, 4:12 pm

Russell wrote:Is he aware of your orientation/are you aware of his? Honestly, I'd say you should just go for it. Don't come on too heavy though, saying that you're in love with him straight off the bat is a good way to scare him away. I'd personally test the waters a bit by dropping hints about your interest, and if all goes well, then bite the bullet and ask him if the attraction is mutual.

I haven't come out to him, but I got an inkling that he already knows. On the other hand It's wasn't really rocket science for me to figure out if he only likes women or not. Even so I plan on just asking him, couldn't hurt seeing as I already no that he is pro lgbt anyway. Thanks for the help.
_Annoyed

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Recently active