My parents church won’t leave me alone!

This is the place to discuss and get advice about things like coming out and relationships. Everyone is expected to be courteous here.

My parents church won’t leave me alone!

Unread postby LGrayChad15 » 1st November, 2018, 10:59 pm

Hi, I’m new here. Basically the tea is, when i was like 13 or 14 my parents’ church’s youth pastor outed me to my parents. When i was 15 I came out myself to them, and have basically come out to the world since. I’m a gay guy, i’m 17 now. So i got a job last year and have been slowly tapering off how much i go to church, and i rarely go now. the youth pastor’s wife at my parents’ church is meeting my mom for coffee tomorrow, which means she is going to talk to her about something “serious”. Basically about me not going to church or being gay or something. Which will cause my mom to become insecure and weird about me. or embarrassed or something. How do i make my mom know i don’t care about the opinions of people who are no longer a part of my life, and that i’ve moved on from that church? I’m my own person with my own beliefs, and i shouldn’t be forced into something i don’t believe in. Or to go to a place i feel attacked and uncomfortable. Thanks!
LGrayChad15

First name: Lucas

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Re: My parents church won’t leave me alone!

Unread postby Green Horizons » 2nd November, 2018, 1:06 pm

You're going to have to tell her. Maybe write a letter for her if you don't feel like you could do it in person or if you want to have time to think carefully about how you want to word this.

LGrayChad15 wrote:HWhich will cause my mom to become insecure and weird about me. or embarrassed or something.

Are you very sure about that? Maybe her reaction won't be so bad. Maybe she'll stick up for you.

Let us know what happens :)
Green Horizons

First name: Jeremy
Likes received: 2

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Re: My parents church won’t leave me alone!

Unread postby Robert 96 » 4th November, 2018, 7:50 am

Yeah, you're old enough not to have to go to a place that makes you feel that way. She needs to know.
Robert 96

Likes received: 2

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Recently active