Need a bud?

All introductions go in here; established members are kindly asked to be as courteous as their minds allow them to be.

Need a bud?

Unread postby Adlan » 20th October, 2018, 7:02 am

Hi! I'm glad you decided to read this post. Be warned, though - it's pretty long.

You can call me Adlan, even if it isn’t my real name. I’m 14, and I’m a currently a freshie in high-school. I’m having a ton of fun with my courses right now. Just to give you a taste of what I like, I’m really interested in science - more specifically, evolutionary biology and genetics. I’ve been a fan of biology since the fifth grade, and It's been my dream to pursue it in the future ever since.

I’m also totally in love with literature, even if I haven’t been reading as many books as I used to. I’m really into Greek Mythology, Sci-Fi, Realistic Fiction, and occasionally Fantasy. In addition, I enjoy writing short stories, poems, and essays.

Don’t worry! I’m not that much of a nerd. I've been a competitive swimmer for as long as I can remember, and even though the trainings are as intense and as frequent as they can possibly get, I can’t imagine life without it. Plus, free abs! Also, if you need a guy to deal memes to and quote vines with, I’m here.

As for myself as a person, I’d like to think that I’m comfortable with sympathising with people. I find satisfaction in building people up when they need that extra courage. I’m also pretty humble - ignore the irony - yet competitive. I’m not a sore loser, though, and I know when I've been beaten. In terms of what I look for in people, I guess the big three would be humility, empathy, and humour.

Before I make this post longer than it should be, I should probably talk about my sexuality. I’ve been in the closet my whole life, and I don’t think I’ll come out completely any time soon. I've only confessed to my sister and a very select few of my friends. Even I don’t know my own sexuality. I've liked some girls in the past, but I've always been way more attracted to guys. I guess the reason why I'm on this site is to just connect with someone, you know? Maybe build up a relationship or two - romantic or platonic, I really don't mind.

I am eternally grateful to you for finishing this titanic mess of an introduction. :) Hope to get in touch soon!

- Adlan

P.S. I miiiiiight show pictures if someone asks. I might. Keyword: might.
Adlan

First name: Adlan
Likes received: 3

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Re: Need a bud?

Unread postby swedeam » 1st November, 2018, 2:09 pm

welcome to the neighborhood :)
Criminaly insane.
swedeam

First name: eli
Likes received: 12

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Green Horizons » 1st November, 2018, 6:01 pm

Hey Adlan, welcome to the forum! You seem cool. Hope to see you around :)
Green Horizons

First name: Jeremy
Likes received: 2

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Robert 96 » 2nd November, 2018, 6:52 am

Welcome Adlan :awesome:
Robert 96

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Ky_x » 3rd November, 2018, 7:54 pm

Hey Adlan, I wanted to send you a message but it’s not letting me, could you pm me please. X
Ky_x

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby René » 4th November, 2018, 6:16 am

Welcome Adlan! You sound very mature for a 14-year-old :keke:

Ky_x wrote:Hey Adlan, I wanted to send you a message but it’s not letting me, could you pm me please. X

You should be able to PM Adlan.

I've just sent you a PM; could you try replying to it? Then we can figure out what's causing the problem.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
René
Owner/Administrator

First name: René
Likes received: 326

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Brian F. » 4th November, 2018, 1:13 pm

Welcome to the forum Adlan, good to have you with us :)
Brian F.

First name: Brian

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Adlan » 8th November, 2018, 7:36 am

René wrote:Welcome Adlan! You sound very mature for a 14-year-old :keke:

Ky_x wrote:Hey Adlan, I wanted to send you a message but it’s not letting me, could you pm me please. X

I've just sent you a PM; could you try replying to it? Then we can figure out what's causing the problem.

Haha, thank you so much!

I don't see your PM tho :///
Adlan

First name: Adlan
Likes received: 3

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby René » 8th November, 2018, 7:39 am

Adlan wrote:
René wrote:Welcome Adlan! You sound very mature for a 14-year-old :keke:

Haha, thank you so much!

I don't see your PM tho :///

Sorry, it seems I wasn't clear — I PMed Ky_x and asked him to try sending me a reply so we can find out why he is having difficulty sending PMs :)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
René
Owner/Administrator

First name: René
Likes received: 326

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Recently active