Moderator Announcements

All introductions go in here; established members are kindly asked to be as courteous as their minds allow them to be.

Re: Moderator Announcements

Unread postby JonathanT88 » 21st February, 2017, 4:25 pm

We have decided to allow 'guests' to enter the chat room, because we feel that if people get to know the users in chat first they might be more willing to make an account. Since this scheme's implementation, we've already had one new user who was first a chat guest, so we're hopeful it'll be successful. Be nice to newbies!

Obviously this makes chat more vulnerable to shady types, so be vigilant if they do come in. If no mod/community ambassador is on the forum then most of us are only a Facebook message away.

We're more than happy to receive positive/negative feedback with respect to this, but we're optimistic it'll help.
Gudrun wrote:

"How many times have I told you? Homosexuality is only to be used for revolutionary purposes!"

Image ImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImage
JonathanT88
Horny Jonathan of the Homosexual Intifada

First name: Jonathan (duh.)
Likes received: 786

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Jacketh » 20th August, 2017, 12:14 pm

Dessy has decided to stepdown as a Moderator (hence why we appointed Kaspar recently). I think we can all agree Des has been a fine Moderator. Thank you for your time and efforts, Des!
Jacketh

Likes received: 918

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier II
Progress to next tier:
1 / 7

Unread postby Jacketh » 31st August, 2017, 6:19 am

Cobalt is no longer a Moderator. Thanks for your time and energy, JT. :)
Jacketh

:
Tier II
Progress to next tier:
1 / 7

Unread postby Jacketh » 1st November, 2017, 1:15 pm

We are very happy with Discord activity & the way guests have fitted in to the community by following the link on the homepage. We must remember though, that is the forum's chat.

Therefore, we are creating a rule that guests have 7 days to sign up & create an introduction thread on the forum. They should not be immediately pressured, but if a guest has stuck around on the Discord for a few days - encourage them to sign up. If not, they will be removed after the 7 days.

Thanks.
Jacketh

:
Tier II
Progress to next tier:
1 / 7

Unread postby Jacketh » 15th November, 2017, 4:04 am

KrisCross has decided to step down as a Moderator due to time commitments. Whilst not that active the last couple of months, Kris has been an amazing Moderator, and I hope we see him back either as staff or as a member in the future.

Freakism has also been removed as a Community Ambassador due to time commitments.

We are making it easier to send in complaints about users on the Discord, and they may be anonymous. I've not set it up just yet, but there will be a link on the #gayteenforum channel in which you can detail the complaint and provide screenshots.

Jacketh

:
Tier II
Progress to next tier:
1 / 7

Unread postby Tim. » 21st November, 2017, 6:32 am

After discussion among Moderators, it has been decided to give George a one month ban for the following reasons.
-Inappropriate behaviour as a staff member.
-Continuous patterns of disruptive behaviour.
-Evidence of inaccurate manipulation of facts among multiple members in an attempt to cause feuds and drama.
Tim.
The Southern Ex-Moderator

Likes received: 202

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
1 / 7

Unread postby Jacketh » 21st November, 2017, 12:22 pm

Am delighted to announce Cobalt is back as a Moderator :) Although he hasn't been tremendously active over the last 12 months and ultimately stepped down, JT does have 20,000 posts and has assured me that he is looking forward to getting back into the community and meeting the newer members :keke: He's an experienced head and I'm looking forward to him helping out with the Year Cup and having him back around again :awesome:

As JT previously won a confirmation poll and was told when he was moved to Emeriti that he is welcome back if he feels he has the necessary time - no confirmation poll is necessary :)
Jacketh

:
Tier II
Progress to next tier:
1 / 7

Unread postby Anonymous Boy » 4th December, 2017, 11:11 am

I am also very happy to announce that Jonathan, who needs no introduction, has returned to active status as a moderator. :awesome:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Currently caring for my very ill father, so please expect a delay if you message me.
If you need urgent help with something, I recommend getting in touch with a moderator.
Anonymous Boy
Owner/Administrator

First name: René
Likes received: 314

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Anonymous Boy » 13th December, 2017, 8:35 pm

The administrators and moderators have made a unanimous decision to permanently ban Ethan / Unseasoned Chicken / Dua Lipa.

He has previously had no fewer than 8 warnings and 2 temporary bans of escalating duration (most recently for more than 2 months), for reasons including, but not limited to:
  • The use of racist and aggressive slurs;
  • Persistent harassment;
  • Searching for and publishing private or identifying information about other members;
  • Intentionally triggering people with mental health problems;
  • Unusually cruel bullying, especially of people with mental health problems. In particular, people who have (or who he thinks appear to have) autism-spectrum conditions appear to be his favourite victims.

Earlier today, the following interaction was reported to us independently by multiple very concerned members:

[Reveal] Spoiler: Discord screenshot

Also of note is the following:

Apparently, even this is the nice, caring version that he's faking until New Year, after which things will go back to being even worse.

This guy has no shame. He seems to completely lack self-awareness. He appears to be a sadist.

I will not allow anyone to turn GTF into a hostile environment for vulnerable teenagers.

I am all for second chances, and Ethan has had many. He just doesn't seem to care at all, and 8 warnings and 2 bans of escalating duration have made no difference in his behaviour, except for a slight, calculated, temporary improvement after which he knows he will get banned again when he dials it back up. On purpose. :shake:

Ironically, Ethan is probably suffering from some serious mental health problems himself. I hope he eventually gets the professional help that he needs, and that no one will make fun of him.

Currently caring for my very ill father, so please expect a delay if you message me.
If you need urgent help with something, I recommend getting in touch with a moderator.
Anonymous Boy
Owner/Administrator

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Anonymous Boy » 15th December, 2017, 8:56 am

I understand some people are still unclear about the reasons for Ethan / Unseasoned Chicken / Dua Lipa's ban.

Full details are in the post above, but crucially, I would like to stress:

Ethan openly admitted that he planned to get banned after New Year.

Anyone who's sad that he's gone, take note: he didn't intend to stay here with us in the first place.

Anonymous Boy
Owner/Administrator

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby JonathanT88 » 4th January, 2018, 1:45 pm

Our beloved Kamiel (boii) has decided to step down as CA. He's not, by any means, a member of the team who's been around for long but he's certainly left his mark through his dedication, humour and the absolute fierceness with which he cracks down on those who break the rules (you have no idea how many times he @moderator's us). Thanks for what you've done, Kamiel! :)
Gudrun wrote:

"How many times have I told you? Homosexuality is only to be used for revolutionary purposes!"

Image ImageImage

JonathanT88

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Cobalt » 4th January, 2018, 3:43 pm

Kyler (Example) has decided to step down as a mod. He plans to continue being active as a regular member and assisting staff with graphics, which we very much appreciate! We love you Kyler, and thank you for your hard work as a member of the mod team. :keke: :heart:
Cobalt
Momderator

Likes received: 301

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
1 / 7

Unread postby JonathanT88 » 31st January, 2018, 3:17 pm

There are so many months in a year, and so few members to fill each of them. We're not going to award a MOTM for January, despite the fact that many of you continue to do great work, but we'll see you again in February... maybe :D We don't want to devalue the award by giving it for every minute contribution.

We've had a VERY active month on Discord which is great (stats to follow tomorrow), but it would be nice to see some more forum activity. Don't forget it's the historic heart of the community, and all it takes to keep it alive is a few threads about things you find interesting/think others want to discuss. So if you want to flatter your ego with a shiny title and a nice Discord colour, you know what to do.
Gudrun wrote:

Image ImageImage

JonathanT88

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Cobalt » 19th March, 2018, 6:14 pm

Our favorite Aussie, Tim, has decided to step down as a moderator. We hope he sticks around, he is an absolute sweetheart and he will be sorely missed by the rest of the mod team. His level head, maturity and critical thinking have been an asset to us for a long time. Thanks so much for all your hard work, Tim. :wtc: :heart:
Cobalt
Momderator

Likes received: 301

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
1 / 7

Unread postby TheBrunswickian » 23rd April, 2018, 2:21 am

Given that people seem to be wanting an update on what's happening I figured I post it up here.

Since we "aren't addressing Jack's suggestions" I'll note what we are doing with that here:

Temi is currently researching further integrating the Discord server into the Forum. He's also working on getting a bot set up to send a Welcome PM to people as Jack suggested, which is a very good idea. Temi is also looking into integrating TinyChat into the Forum as well for video chats and Cam Nights. As for a "Steam-style" previous usernames thing, we'll have a look. I'm not a coder so I am not an authority on this, but I'll look around for ways to do it. If you have any suggestions for *how* to integrate that idea, send me a PM.

Kaspar is currently working on getting ready for House Cup 2018. We all know the wonders it does for forum activity and I for one am excited about this. Kaspar's got a theme and some teams set up. If you are keen or interested in being a Team Captain, send us a PM. Brennan is currently helping him out, and we are going to need some judges as well I imagine. If you've got ideas for challenges, activities, whatever - we would love to hear them.

We've noticed that the Activity Hosts have sort of dropped off as of late, and we hope we can get some more things up soon. As for that, do you guys have any feedback on the Activity Hosts? Is it working, are you enjoying the things they've got going?

Now to the elephant in the room. Yeah okay, I will admit we haven't really been keeping you all updated on whats been going on as of late. We want GTF to be fun and inclusive, and sometimes we forget to let you know about what we've been working on behind-the-scenes. From now on I'm going to try and keep you all updated on what we're doing - be it in this thread or in another one. We value your input, and maybe we won't always respond to every thread of suggestions - but that doesn't mean we haven't heard your ideas and aren't talking about them.

If in future we drop off the radar and don't give you updates, politely remind us that you've not got an update in a while and want to know what's up.
House Cup 2016 - Team Westeros
House Cup 2017 - Team Lion King
Year Cup 2017/18 - The Far East

Shittiest Member 2018 - Amadeus

ImageImage
TheBrunswickian
Lazarus

First name: Jesse
Likes received: 598

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
3 / 7

Unread postby Kaspar » 12th June, 2018, 1:38 pm

I'm stepping down as a moderator, taking either a very long break or going for good. I really enjoyed my job for the first 7/8 months but not recently, which is not a surprise. I was mildly considering just leaving for more than a month now but constantly found some reason to stay, especially since there are only 3 mods right now and despite what some people tell you, no it's not always enough - now being even less than that. I've been long tired of the constant drama shitstorms, especially on the personal level, to deal with on here that most of the time left me either pissed, upset or a mixture of both, changed GTF from being enjoyable and fun like before to being a dull, stressful chore.
That's all on my part, great thanks for the ability to help out with the site for so long :heart:
Proudly, the Captain of team Spirited Away
House Cup 2017

ImageImage
ImageImage
Kaspar
Lochlan's cat enthusiast

First name: Kacper
Likes received: 703

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
1 / 7

Previous

Recently active