Trialling automatic email notifications for new replies

Off-topic posts go in here; this forum is only loosely moderated.

Trialling automatic email notifications for new replies

Unread postby René » 1st November, 2018, 12:43 pm

It has come to my attention that many new members expect to receive notifications when their posts receive replies. For this reason, as a test, I'm enabling email notifications by default for all new posts and retroactively for all threads posted in by people who have made at least one post in the last 3 months.

We've all seen cases where someone asks a question and someone else posts a thoughtful reply, but the OP never returns to read it. I hope this change will make that a lot less common and stimulate forum engagement among new members in general without being too annoying. :awesome:

If you don't go back into the thread after getting notified about a new post, you won't receive any more emails about the thread in question.

You can always unsubscribe straight from the email, and you can also change this option here in your UCP, as well as per post (the "Notify me when a reply is posted" checkbox).

Let me know if you have any questions :)

-René
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
René
Owner/Administrator

First name: René
Likes received: 326

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Recently active