-

Off-topic posts go in here; this forum is only loosely moderated.

-

Unread postby Calcifer » 28th September, 2018, 12:07 pm

-
Last edited by Calcifer on 6th November, 2018, 6:20 pm, edited 6 times in total.
ImageImageImage
Calcifer
Some Hypersexual Puppy Cat Thing

Likes received: 127

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Re: Mods: How to make your lives easier

Unread postby Woollyhoolly » 30th September, 2018, 5:39 pm

Cal there literally are no posts (which is not something I'm happy about), let alone spam post. I deleted the one spam post three days ago the same day it was made/
Made you look

Trudeau's my daddy
Woollyhoolly
Classy

First name: Tim
Likes received: 161

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Jacketh » 1st October, 2018, 2:20 am

Woollyhoolly wrote:Cal there literally are no posts (which is not something I'm happy about), let alone spam post. I deleted the one spam post three days ago the same day it was made/

i deleted one a few hours before this post that had been there for hours
Jacketh

Likes received: 921

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Kaspar » 2nd October, 2018, 8:23 pm

Idk if something's changed but I tried just some time ago and I don't seem to have the permissions to delete the posts anymore ?
Proudly, the Captain of team Spirited Away
House Cup 2017

ImageImage
ImageImage
Kaspar
Lochlan's cat enthusiast

First name: Kacper
Likes received: 703

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Calcifer » 4th October, 2018, 10:24 am

-
Last edited by Calcifer on 5th November, 2018, 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
Calcifer
Some Hypersexual Puppy Cat Thing

Likes received: 127

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Woollyhoolly » 4th October, 2018, 2:34 pm

1. If a spam post is made at 03:43 am, give me some time to delete it. You cannot simply expect me to log on to the forum 24/7, especially when I’m at work. I logged on just now, and I deleted it when i saw it. Give me a break.

2. I am not gonna bother with deleting spam that’s not in the active threads list. Very few people browse the forum outside of that list.
Made you look

Trudeau's my daddy
Woollyhoolly
Classy

First name: Tim
Likes received: 161

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby René » 5th October, 2018, 5:46 pm

I think I've got most of the spam now — I've deleted some 100 posts/threads and addressed/closed 75 reports over the last 3 hours.

(I know of some more that I'll get to tomorrow.)

If you come across any remaining spam, please do report it and it will be dealt with. (Calum and others, thanks for all the reporting you have been doing! :))

I intend to clear all the spam regardless of the fate of the forum (being discussed here); as I mentioned over there, even if all it will be in the future is an archive, it deserves to be a spam-free one.

I also switched our registration process from using Peoplesign to using reCAPTCHA a few days ago (sorry for the delay in doing this), so spam bots should have a much harder time signing up now. And if they do manage to, I'll be ready.

(Sorry also for my absence in general; for those who are unaware of my recent circumstances, details are here.)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
René
Owner/Administrator

First name: René
Likes received: 326

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby René » 5th October, 2018, 5:46 pm

Kaspar wrote:Idk if something's changed but I tried just some time ago and I don't seem to have the permissions to delete the posts anymore ?

That's... very odd. Could you check in a few different subforums and see if you're able to delete posts in any of them?
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
René
Owner/Administrator

First name: René
Likes received: 326

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Recently active