New Moderator Confirmation Poll: Gavin

Off-topic posts go in here; this forum is only loosely moderated.

Do you support the appointment of Gavin as a moderator?

Poll ended at 13th September, 2018, 10:48 pm

Yes
16
62%
No
10
38%
 
Total votes : 26

PostThis post was deleted by TheBrunswickian on 4th December, 2018, 8:23 pm.

Re: New Moderator Confirmation Poll: Gavin

Unread postby CRUSTY SEA MILF » 8th September, 2018, 11:36 pm

As with other modpolls, if you feel strongly about voting one way or another, you can absolutely post your reasoning in the thread to try and convince others of your opinion! It can also help each candidate address criticisms and answer questions from the voters that choose to do so :)
Image

ImageImageImageImage

Image
ImageImageImageImage
CRUSTY SEA MILF wrote:You the right boob to my left, the peanut butter to my jelly, the Donald to my Melania, the Trisha Paytas to my 5 pounds of salami
User avatar
CRUSTY SEA MILF
Egregious Infundibular
 
First name: Brennan/wolbre4
Posts: 1735
Likes received: 422
Joined: 1st November, 2017, 7:04 pm
Location: Probably Kevin's DMs / Minnesota
Country: United States (us)

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Re: New Moderator Confirmation Poll: Gavin

Unread postby Jacketh » 9th September, 2018, 7:14 am

Increases in forum activity?
..
Jacketh
Member
 
Posts: 10408
Likes received: 921
Joined: 12th June, 2012, 7:00 pm
Location: Member
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Re: New Moderator Confirmation Poll: Gavin

Unread postby Dua Lipa » 9th September, 2018, 7:22 am

There has been no recent increase in forum activity that's just a plain lie :rip: the forum is actually at its lowest point of activity EVER and the discord is in a much worse state of activity than when we opened it almost a year ago. I think the real reason for the two mod appointments is that you and Temi (understandably) are looking to step-down which is totally fine and I think its a good decision, you both have lives to live. I also see how you would feel obliged to select replacements as that's the way its always been done on GTF, however, I'm strongly against the appointment of both Gavin and Brennen or anyone at all in the position of moderator, I think a new role needs to be created that only has powers on the Discord maybe (Discord moderator) as that is the direction GTF is heading (or already there tbh). Making them moderators on the forum completely disrespects the historic significance of the role and it really isn't needed lol, there's nothing to moderate forum wise.
Twink enthusiast

ImageImage

ImageImage
User avatar
Dua Lipa
Actually Heterosexual
 
First name: Ethan
Posts: 4243
Likes received: 850
Joined: 4th November, 2015, 3:49 am
Location: Your Sister's Bedroom
Country: New Zealand (nz)

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Re: New Moderator Confirmation Poll: Gavin

Unread postby Dua Lipa » 9th September, 2018, 7:25 am

Also this was brought up in Lochlans mod poll and it is even more relevant now. MAJORITY of the people voting don't use the forum and also have no idea what the role of moderator actually does, to them its just someone you tag in discord when you want a flashy new colour so they'll vote yes for anyone. Another reason why they should be made Discord mods only as that is what they are/will be.
Twink enthusiast

ImageImage

ImageImage
User avatar
Dua Lipa
Actually Heterosexual
 
First name: Ethan
Posts: 4243
Likes received: 850
Joined: 4th November, 2015, 3:49 am
Location: Your Sister's Bedroom
Country: New Zealand (nz)

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Re: New Moderator Confirmation Poll: Gavin

Unread postby Jacketh » 9th September, 2018, 7:26 am

Yeah, people forget Dom and Morgan were mods together for about a year and a half when the forum was averaging like 8000 posts a month. Then me and Morgan for about another six months after that. Two mods worked perfectly okay back then, so kinda mental four mods would be needed on a forum with no activity whatsoever.
..
Jacketh
Member
 
Posts: 10408
Likes received: 921
Joined: 12th June, 2012, 7:00 pm
Location: Member
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Re: New Moderator Confirmation Poll: Gavin

Unread postby Jacketh » 9th September, 2018, 7:52 am

Dua Lipa wrote:...as that is the direction GTF is heading (or already there tbh).


And even that is failing. Discord activity was at 5000-7000 messages a day for a good six months. Looked now and its at 2000-3000 a day.

But, we were just old fags whinging when we were telling them the need for change & what was going wrong and got ignored six months ago.
..
Jacketh
Member
 
Posts: 10408
Likes received: 921
Joined: 12th June, 2012, 7:00 pm
Location: Member
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Re: New Moderator Confirmation Poll: Gavin

Unread postby Lochlan » 9th September, 2018, 8:13 am

Jacketh wrote:
Dua Lipa wrote:...as that is the direction GTF is heading (or already there tbh).


And even that is failing. Discord activity was at 5000-7000 messages a day for a good six months. Looked now and its at 2000-3000 a day.

But, we were just old fags whinging when we were telling them the need for change & what was going wrong and got ignored six months ago.

Try not to bring the past up sis, the discord is hardly dead and with a bit more emphasis on making it easier to find and more engaging it could potentially return to its former state. At least it's not as dead as flashchat was in its last years.

Regardless, Jack and Ethan are right, there has been 0 forum activity. I expect that you're referring to this graph that for some reason you've hidden?
Image
Discord activity isn't forum activity, but that's beside the point. Thankfully, it does show that discord activity last month was back up to around 5000 messages a day but that itself doesn't constitute needing two new mods. If you're stepping down be candid about that so people know what to expect.

Anyway, I'll be voting yes because Gavin is honestly more of a mod than the actual mods. If you have an issue with him becoming a mod and think he needs to be better, take it up with him and give him a chance. Actively holding back every potential development will cause stagnation. Let people try and see it sink or swim.
User avatar
Lochlan
BOT Hunter
 
First name: Lochlan
Posts: 1347
Likes received: 296
Joined: 16th March, 2015, 12:43 pm
Location: Merseyside
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Re: New Moderator Confirmation Poll: Gavin

Unread postby Dua Lipa » 9th September, 2018, 8:24 am

Lochlan wrote:
Jacketh wrote:
Dua Lipa wrote:...as that is the direction GTF is heading (or already there tbh).


And even that is failing. Discord activity was at 5000-7000 messages a day for a good six months. Looked now and its at 2000-3000 a day.

But, we were just old fags whinging when we were telling them the need for change & what was going wrong and got ignored six months ago.

Try not to bring the past up sis, the discord is hardly dead and with a bit more emphasis on making it easier to find and more engaging it could potentially return to its former state. At least it's not as dead as flashchat was in its last years.

Regardless, Jack and Ethan are right, there has been 0 forum activity. I expect that you're referring to this graph that for some reason you've hidden?
Image
Discord activity isn't forum activity, but that's beside the point. Thankfully, it does show that discord activity last month was back up to around 5000 messages a day but that itself doesn't constitute needing two new mods. If you're stepping down be candid about that so people know what to expect.

Anyway, I'll be voting yes because Gavin is honestly more of a mod than the actual mods. If you have an issue with him becoming a mod and think he needs to be better, take it up with him and give him a chance. Actively holding back every potential development will cause stagnation. Let people try and see it sink or swim.

I think it is very important to bring up the past in order to put things into perspective, otherwise as long as there's two people using the discord it can be argued that its active. Also I mentioned it to Jesse after he tried to take credit for it but the increased activity in the past month is directly from 'oldfags' participating in chat be it from us having discussions amongst ourselves in chat or providing something more stimulating for newfags to talk about than 'im depressed' 'here's pic number 400 of my new puppy' etc. But its hardly an accurate judgement of Discord activity as a whole as its only temporary and at the end of the day we want NEW members coming and talking in order to say GTF is growing.
Twink enthusiast

ImageImage

ImageImage
User avatar
Dua Lipa
Actually Heterosexual
 
First name: Ethan
Posts: 4243
Likes received: 850
Joined: 4th November, 2015, 3:49 am
Location: Your Sister's Bedroom
Country: New Zealand (nz)

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Re: New Moderator Confirmation Poll: Gavin

Unread postby Tim. » 9th September, 2018, 9:55 am

TheBrunswickian wrote:Given recent increases in forum activity

Coming out of exile just to point out there is no increase in activity, Just Russel coming for his Biannual visit and posting on every thread created over the last two+ months...
Tim.
The Southern Ex-Moderator
 
Posts: 3439
Likes received: 202
Joined: 21st July, 2012, 10:01 pm

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Re: New Moderator Confirmation Poll: Gavin

Unread postby Petre » 10th September, 2018, 8:33 pm

I just wanna say that if 20 threads having a new post in the past week constitutes "recent increases in forum activity," then, sure, we can go with that. But are these "recent increases" substantial enough for a new mod to an old forum? But honestly my opinion doesn't matter because I haven't been a part of GTF in a few months, so maybe things have changed.
Henry Clay compromised the being of the United States.
"The most towny, the most helpful, the best cooperative scum" (Kaspar, Mafia XXXIII): Image
User avatar
Petre
Mafia A Rank
 
First name: Peter
Posts: 534
Likes received: 163
Joined: 30th September, 2017, 12:01 pm
Country: United States (us)

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7


 Mafia A Rank

Re: New Moderator Confirmation Poll: Gavin

Unread postby Dua Lipa » 11th September, 2018, 2:28 am

I really hope the existing mods aren't just going to wait out the already shortened run of the poll and not address any issues or concerns brought up - the whole reason these polls are run you know.
Twink enthusiast

ImageImage

ImageImage
User avatar
Dua Lipa
Actually Heterosexual
 
First name: Ethan
Posts: 4243
Likes received: 850
Joined: 4th November, 2015, 3:49 am
Location: Your Sister's Bedroom
Country: New Zealand (nz)

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Re: New Moderator Confirmation Poll: Gavin

Unread postby Dua Lipa » 12th September, 2018, 1:50 am

Dua Lipa wrote:I really hope the existing mods aren't just going to wait out the already shortened run of the poll and not address any issues or concerns brought up - the whole reason these polls are run you know.
Twink enthusiast

ImageImage

ImageImage
User avatar
Dua Lipa
Actually Heterosexual
 
First name: Ethan
Posts: 4243
Likes received: 850
Joined: 4th November, 2015, 3:49 am
Location: Your Sister's Bedroom
Country: New Zealand (nz)

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Re: New Moderator Confirmation Poll: Gavin

Unread postby Jacketh » 12th September, 2018, 11:25 am

your post imply that they actually care ethan
..
Jacketh
Member
 
Posts: 10408
Likes received: 921
Joined: 12th June, 2012, 7:00 pm
Location: Member
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Re: New Moderator Confirmation Poll: Gavin

Unread postby Jacketh » 12th September, 2018, 11:25 am

your post imply that they actually care ethan
..
Jacketh
Member
 
Posts: 10408
Likes received: 921
Joined: 12th June, 2012, 7:00 pm
Location: Member
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Re: New Moderator Confirmation Poll: Gavin

Unread postby Calcifer » 13th September, 2018, 9:08 am

-
Last edited by Calcifer on 6th November, 2018, 10:52 am, edited 5 times in total.
ImageImageImage
Calcifer
Some Hypersexual Puppy Cat Thing
 
Posts: 1261
Likes received: 127
Joined: 30th June, 2014, 3:12 pm

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Re: New Moderator Confirmation Poll: Gavin

Unread postby Woollyhoolly » 13th September, 2018, 7:27 pm

Dua Lipa wrote:There has been no recent increase in forum activity that's just a plain lie :rip: the forum is actually at its lowest point of activity EVER and the discord is in a much worse state of activity than when we opened it almost a year ago. I think the real reason for the two mod appointments is that you and Temi (understandably) are looking to step-down which is totally fine and I think its a good decision, you both have lives to live. I also see how you would feel obliged to select replacements as that's the way its always been done on GTF, however, I'm strongly against the appointment of both Gavin and Brennen or anyone at all in the position of moderator, I think a new role needs to be created that only has powers on the Discord maybe (Discord moderator) as that is the direction GTF is heading (or already there tbh). Making them moderators on the forum completely disrespects the historic significance of the role and it really isn't needed lol, there's nothing to moderate forum wise.


You are right in saying that the forum isn't very active at the moment, to put it lightly. It is true indeed that due to my and Jesse's life getting increasingly busier, we can't spend as much time on GTF as we did in the past, and that we are looking for adequate people to basically make up for and exceed us. We deem Gavin and Brennan to be fit for mod. Also, while at the moment the forum is basically dead, and discord is quite active, we also need to look into the future. Eventhough discord is our priority right now, I for one do think the forum adds a lot of value to gtf as a whole, and therefore we should also be looking into ways to promote it more. 2 half around mods cant really do this, while 2 around mods and 2 half around mods can.

Also, the creation of so-called discord-only-mods severely enhances the notion that the forum and the discord are two seperate entities, while we really should be trying to do the opposite, which is merge the discord and the forum in a better way. Comparing historic significance with current activity levels really isn't an argument when we're trying to bring activity levels back to said levels.

In short, every mod that wants to improve gtf and execute their plans, brings no harm. Which is exactly why Gavin and Brennan were chosen. Gavin in particular has shown the past weeks that he really wants to boost activity levels, succesfully so(albeit limited to discord for now), which is why we think he would be an excellent addition to the mod team.

Brennan on the other hand hasn't achieved quite as much, but he has the right intentions, just as with the house cup. The only thing that hindered Brennan from effectively organising the house cup was his job, and now that that is over, I believe Brennan can be a positive addition to the mod team.

What I do also want point out is that in the forum's current form, it won't be successful. It needs to be trimmed down big time, and it's purpose also needs to be rethought. While in the past the focus was more on having all types of activity on the forum, we should be shifting to only longer posts, and proper discussions and arguments. Basically things that can't properly be had in discord. Having a small welcome section with a link to discord and active topics, as a home screen would imo be a huge improvement from the current ginormous pile of subforums that faces you. The forum needs to be more transparent.

I envision the forum to be most suitable for conversations on eg; current (lgbt) events, such as the lesbian caning in malaysia, people asking life advice, and other types of convo's that aren't really over in a second. All other types of convo's arent really the type that would benefit from having long detailed discussions and are therefore more fit to be had in discord.

TLDR; Every mod that wants to improve GTF brings no harm, discord only mods shouldnt be created as that'd only deepen the discord forum divide, and the forum needs to focus more on forwarding people to discord, being transparent and long structured posts.
Made you look

Trudeau's my daddy
User avatar
Woollyhoolly
Classy
 
First name: Tim
Posts: 716
Likes received: 161
Joined: 4th September, 2017, 4:05 pm
Location: Amsterdam
Country: Netherlands (nl)

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Re: New Moderator Confirmation Poll: Gavin

Unread postby Kaspar » 13th September, 2018, 7:55 pm

Talking about any recent forum activity at this point is the case of
Image
There's a post or two per day and the wild bot raids make GTF seem like the Roman Empire in its final agonal stages :unf:


Really, it would more make sense if the role was purely Discord centered at this point, it will be one way or another :dunno:
Proudly, the Captain of team Spirited Away
House Cup 2017



ImageImage
ImageImage
User avatar
Kaspar
Lochlan's cat enthusiast
 
First name: Kacper
Posts: 2624
Likes received: 703
Joined: 18th January, 2017, 5:50 pm
Location: Northern Poland almost by the sea ey
Country: Poland (pl)

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Re: New Moderator Confirmation Poll: Gavin

Unread postby Amadeus » 13th September, 2018, 8:15 pm

No.
KUK
User avatar
Amadeus
Go Gay Or Go Home
 
First name: Amadeus
Posts: 132
Likes received: 17
Joined: 3rd December, 2017, 4:19 pm
Country: Sweden (se)

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Re: New Moderator Confirmation Poll: Gavin

Unread postby Dua Lipa » 13th September, 2018, 8:24 pm

Woollyhoolly wrote:
Dua Lipa wrote:There has been no recent increase in forum activity that's just a plain lie :rip: the forum is actually at its lowest point of activity EVER and the discord is in a much worse state of activity than when we opened it almost a year ago. I think the real reason for the two mod appointments is that you and Temi (understandably) are looking to step-down which is totally fine and I think its a good decision, you both have lives to live. I also see how you would feel obliged to select replacements as that's the way its always been done on GTF, however, I'm strongly against the appointment of both Gavin and Brennen or anyone at all in the position of moderator, I think a new role needs to be created that only has powers on the Discord maybe (Discord moderator) as that is the direction GTF is heading (or already there tbh). Making them moderators on the forum completely disrespects the historic significance of the role and it really isn't needed lol, there's nothing to moderate forum wise.


You are right in saying that the forum isn't very active at the moment, to put it lightly. It is true indeed that due to my and Jesse's life getting increasingly busier, we can't spend as much time on GTF as we did in the past, and that we are looking for adequate people to basically make up for and exceed us. We deem Gavin and Brennan to be fit for mod. Also, while at the moment the forum is basically dead, and discord is quite active, we also need to look into the future. Eventhough discord is our priority right now, I for one do think the forum adds a lot of value to gtf as a whole, and therefore we should also be looking into ways to promote it more. 2 half around mods cant really do this, while 2 around mods and 2 half around mods can.

Also, the creation of so-called discord-only-mods severely enhances the notion that the forum and the discord are two seperate entities, while we really should be trying to do the opposite, which is merge the discord and the forum in a better way. Comparing historic significance with current activity levels really isn't an argument when we're trying to bring activity levels back to said levels.

In short, every mod that wants to improve gtf and execute their plans, brings no harm. Which is exactly why Gavin and Brennan were chosen. Gavin in particular has shown the past weeks that he really wants to boost activity levels, succesfully so(albeit limited to discord for now), which is why we think he would be an excellent addition to the mod team.

Brennan on the other hand hasn't achieved quite as much, but he has the right intentions, just as with the house cup. The only thing that hindered Brennan from effectively organising the house cup was his job, and now that that is over, I believe Brennan can be a positive addition to the mod team.

What I do also want point out is that in the forum's current form, it won't be successful. It needs to be trimmed down big time, and it's purpose also needs to be rethought. While in the past the focus was more on having all types of activity on the forum, we should be shifting to only longer posts, and proper discussions and arguments. Basically things that can't properly be had in discord. Having a small welcome section with a link to discord and active topics, as a home screen would imo be a huge improvement from the current ginormous pile of subforums that faces you. The forum needs to be more transparent.

I envision the forum to be most suitable for conversations on eg; current (lgbt) events, such as the lesbian caning in malaysia, people asking life advice, and other types of convo's that aren't really over in a second. All other types of convo's arent really the type that would benefit from having long detailed discussions and are therefore more fit to be had in discord.

TLDR; Every mod that wants to improve GTF brings no harm, discord only mods shouldnt be created as that'd only deepen the discord forum divide, and the forum needs to focus more on forwarding people to discord, being transparent and long structured posts.

I don't think its separating the Discord and the forum, a few months ago or even a year it would have been a thing but now I can say with 100% certainty GTF is the Discord. It's sad and not what I hoped for but its the truth and no matter what you do, who you make mod the forum will NEVER become the focus again so that is why you need to atleast get the Discord (our community) right, which is what you are failing to do. You're wrong in saying Brennan flopped the HC just because he was busy with work, we've pointed out and shown how it was his attitude and inability to listen to others and selfishness that caused that. I think the role of Discord mod is appropriate because it is less significant, they can do everything they need to/want to but at the same time they can be easily removed and/or replaced, its very hard to get rid of a forum mod no matter how inactive or useless they are, they basically have to leave on their own. Which is why I'm against giving it to Gavin and Brennan, I simply don't trust them, they've both shown a clear lack of maturity at times and acted on their own personal agendas.
Woollyhoolly wrote:In short, every mod that wants to improve gtf and execute their plans, brings no harm.
and every person who wants to improve GTF isn't necessarily mod material or deserves to be.

Basically there is NO reason why they need to be forum mods, all your 'changes' which are quite frankly things that wont make a difference, can only be done by Rene.
Twink enthusiast

ImageImage

ImageImage
User avatar
Dua Lipa
Actually Heterosexual
 
First name: Ethan
Posts: 4243
Likes received: 850
Joined: 4th November, 2015, 3:49 am
Location: Your Sister's Bedroom
Country: New Zealand (nz)

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Next

Recently active
Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], CommonCrawl [Bot] and 51 guests