New Moderator Confirmation Poll: Gavin

Off-topic posts go in here; this forum is only loosely moderated.

Do you support the appointment of Gavin as a moderator?

Poll ended at 13th September, 2018, 10:48 pm

Yes
62%
No
38%

Total votes : 26

Re: New Moderator Confirmation Poll: Gavin

Unread postby Dua Lipa » 13th September, 2018, 8:38 pm

And to reiterate how Brennan's own choices made the HC flop, in the 2 weeks before it was launched he sent 7,000 messages in the Discord, to put that into perspective Kris and Jack have sent 12,000 messages each since the discord was opened. So Brennan was NOT too busy, he was able to sit there chatting to people yet ignored every attempt we made to assist him - you were in that chat too going 'i agree with Ethan' every time I called him out and told him what to do x. I don't want either of them to be mod but I won't be worried if Gavin got it, can't say the same for Brennan he is not a trustworthy person or even a sane one for that matter, doesn't she have Bipolar Disorder, not the kind of person you want in power. That's tea :tea:
Twink enthusiast

ImageImage

ImageImage
Dua Lipa
Actually Heterosexual

First name: Ethan
Likes received: 850

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Jacketh » 13th September, 2018, 11:04 pm

"The forums increased activity"

> one thread posted in in nearly three days
Jacketh

Likes received: 921

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Cobalt » 20th September, 2018, 12:14 pm

I was thrown when I clicked active topics and the list was only 4-5 threads long - before I realized that was because it only displayed threads that were posted in in the last 7 days.

I used to exclusively browse the forum via active topics. Now, the last thread that was posted in was 4 days ago.

It's really just... sad at this point. Do what you must to keep the place running but I don't think it's remotely possible that GTF will return to even resembling a state of activity on the forum.

Nurture or advertise the Discord if that's where it's all happening. As a nine-year veteran of this place, all I ask is that you don't let it die completely because that would break my heart. Keep the community going. But at this point I am completely indifferent to whatever leadership changes the current mods deem to be necessary.

Whatever works for whoever wants to put in the effort. Moderator doesn't have the connotation that it used to anymore, the role has changed, and I'm not gonna argue about it. I applaud the valiant effort to float a sinking ship.

Best of luck.
Cobalt
Momderator

Likes received: 302

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Jacketh » 20th September, 2018, 12:28 pm

Agree with everything you say JT, it is sad. I mean, GTF dying out was/is completely inevitable at one point. But the rate it has in the last year is extreme, and more than just a coincidence. This time last year we hadn't even moved to Discord yet, i was still Admin, and we were all quite optimistic with newer guys like boiii, sokol, and Miguel appearing.

Cobalt wrote:Nurture or advertise the Discord if that's where it's all happening. As a nine-year veteran of this place, all I ask is that you don't let it die completely because that would break my heart. Keep the community going. But at this point I am completely indifferent to whatever leadership changes the current mods deem to be necessary.

The Discord activity has consistently been at 4000-7000 messages a day in the last year. The last couple of weeks its struggling to get 1000 a day. There were 877 messages on Tuesday, 604 on Monday. A lot of the "newer" generation who have been telling us how much they carea bout GTF and want to help and become mods etc etc have set up their own chats with each other, so the Discord has become a bit of a wasteland.

It is sad. The Discord has absolutely killed GTF. It just wasn't integrated properly. I still think the Discord could have aided the forum if done the right way. Whilst I'm getting too old for GTF any way and haven't been "apart" of the community for a while now, its still depressing after all the years of debates, arguments, drama, talk of revivals that had varying success, that it kinda feel this it is now.
Jacketh

Likes received: 921

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Zephyrus » 20th September, 2018, 4:46 pm

I have been surprised by how inactive the discord has been. I'm chalking it down to school starting up and members getting busy again. I do agree that the discord has killed the forum and, in some respects, it has killed the community - for the time being, I hope. That being said, moving to the discord was a necessary change and, while the forum is dead and beyond help (in my opinion), the discord still has a chance.
That chance is that the effort is put in to save it, to revitalise it. I don't think it'll happen immediately, especially not with how busy people are. To be honest, it might not happen at all. But, if the actions (or inaction) of the mods is anything to go by, adding new mods isn't solving things, and neither are the pre-existing ones. More people in charge doesn't fix problems, action does. Countless people join the discord and don't speak or get involved - they might be bots or whatever, but the actual retention of members is, I imagine, quite small. The discord is doing something wrong and piling new mods on isn't going to fix it.
The discord is GTF's greatest asset right now. The forum, far from it. At this point, it'd be ridiculous to try and revive the forum, especially as that would most likely require some form of limitation on the discord to drive people to the forum - that'd be like shooting yourself in the foot. The mods need to reconsider what their role actually is and whether they actually give a fuck. If you don't give a shit about the forum, then continue to do fuck all - but I will hold you complicit in its death. As the only ones to make actual change to the discord, they can decide how GTF lives - or dies. They can try, and I hope they do, and I hope it succeeds, to save the discord and the community as a whole. And I hope everyone else tries too, for the sake of GTF.
Push comes to shove, if GTF does die in both forum and discord, I resign myself to that fact. Being here has been infinitely helpful to me and it's a shame that no one else will reap the same benefits I did, in that case. But, perhaps, that's a good thing. I came here because I had nowhere else to go, no one else to turn to. If no one is coming, then perhaps the role GTF had on my life isn't required in the lives of today's gays. As Nanny McPhee said, "When you want me, but no longer need me, then I have to go."
Perhaps that's a stretch but, in any case, the only things we can do now is enjoy GTF's final hours or try to save it. Personally, I choose the latter. Thanks for listening to my TED talk.
Image Image
Zephyrus
Formerly "BucketTech"

First name: Tyler
Likes received: 104

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Dua Lipa » 22nd September, 2018, 1:13 am

The moment mods gave up on GTF

The mods currently sitting in their private discord server jerking each other whilst the GTF server gets 10 messages a day

Twink enthusiast

ImageImage

ImageImage
Dua Lipa
Actually Heterosexual

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Dua Lipa » 22nd September, 2018, 1:19 am

Brennan after sucking his way to modship just so he can do nothing but play League of Legends for 10 hours a day :eli:

Twink enthusiast

ImageImage

ImageImage
Dua Lipa
Actually Heterosexual

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Lochlan » 23rd September, 2018, 5:09 am

I mean seriously the mods haven't done anything in weeks, even after prodding Brennan he hasn't done a single thing for the discord. Temi and Jesse are worse than useless, want to step down and won't because they can't leave the forum in Brennan's incapable hands. The discord just isn't appealing anymore, but I think Tyler is right, summer has passed and school has started. I'm not going to spend 2 hours a day in the discord when I'm in school or work every day and have assignments due. It would be nice if GTF went down with a fight but at the moment the mods are pinning her down and euthanising her.
Lochlan
BOT Hunter

First name: Lochlan
Likes received: 296

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Previous

Recently active