Activity level tag and discord colours

Off-topic posts go in here; this forum is only loosely moderated.

Re: Activity level tag and discord colours

Unread postby Example » 5th June, 2018, 3:36 pm

screams
ImageImage
Example

First name: Kyler
Likes received: 663

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Team: Cheer Team

Unread postby Anonymous Boy » 5th June, 2018, 3:43 pm

Rwinter96 wrote:Are any tags not overwritten by the tiers? (mod etc)

Indeed, they are:
  • Administrator
  • Retired Mod
  • Member of the Month
House Cup Judge will join this list before long.

Deither wrote:I don't think this is a good idea

I'm actually somewhat surprised by how well this is working out.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Currently caring for my very ill father, so please expect a delay if you message me.
If you need urgent help with something, I recommend getting in touch with a moderator.
Anonymous Boy
Owner/Administrator

First name: René
Likes received: 314

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Petre » 6th June, 2018, 9:08 pm

The main reason I dislike this is because I only like posting on thread that I see are worthwhile, and hardly any of those exist on GTF nowadays.
Henry Clay compromised the being of the United States.
"The most towny, the most helpful, the best cooperative scum" (Kaspar, Mafia XXXIII): Image
Petre
Mafia A Rank

First name: Peter
Likes received: 163

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Team: Nerd Herd

Mafia A Rank

Unread postby Deither » 6th June, 2018, 9:21 pm

Petre wrote:The main reason I dislike this is because I only like posting on thread that I see are worthwhile, and hardly any of those exist on GTF nowadays.

Exactly what I was thinking

ImageImage

The only two time official winner of GTF's Powertop award
Deither
Knope's Ben Wyatt

Likes received: 48

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
1 / 7

Team: Cheer Team

Unread postby TheBrunswickian » 6th June, 2018, 11:04 pm

Deither wrote:
Petre wrote:The main reason I dislike this is because I only like posting on thread that I see are worthwhile, and hardly any of those exist on GTF nowadays.

not everyone will be happy, and we can't help that. but most people like it, and it is boosting forum activity so I think its pretty good
House Cup 2016 - Team Westeros
House Cup 2017 - Team Lion King
Year Cup 2017/18 - The Far East

Shittiest Member 2018 - Amadeus

ImageImage
TheBrunswickian
Lazarus

First name: Jesse
Likes received: 598

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Kaspar » 7th June, 2018, 8:48 am

Deither wrote:

Then why not...

ok this is controversial

ready?

MAKE A NEW THREAD ABOUT STUFF YOU LIKE! :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway:
Proudly, the Captain of team Spirited Away
House Cup 2017

ImageImage
ImageImage
Kaspar
Lochlan's cat enthusiast

First name: Kacper
Likes received: 703

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
1 / 7

Unread postby Petre » 7th June, 2018, 5:04 pm

Kaspar wrote:
Deither wrote:

Then why not...

ok this is controversial

ready?

MAKE A NEW THREAD ABOUT STUFF YOU LIKE! :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway:

Maybe because

and get this

it might be controversial

every thread I make gets about three replies that aren't me because people on here don't appreciate what, imo, is good content
"The most towny, the most helpful, the best cooperative scum" (Kaspar, Mafia XXXIII): Image
Petre
Mafia A Rank

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Mafia A Rank

Unread postby Fadi » 7th June, 2018, 5:50 pm

Okay you got the system down but like I argued yesterday and 2 days ago, I don’t see a reason why Tier II and III exist or Tier V+ because it’s just a plain tag that is equal to Tier I, why not just have Tier I and Tier IV only because they are the only tiers that actually bring a reward for forum activity and pariticipation on the forum?

I’m sorry to say but nowadays people WANT SOMETHING IN RETURN for doing something even if it was just posting on the forum because this is how the current world mindset goes! “If I don’t hain anything from doing something then why should I do it”
and that’s how things are unfortunately and we should cooperate with those changes, having a reward system for each Tier and if this is not possible to achieve then delete Tier II III and V+ because they have no true use
Odd Squad Image Odd Squad
Fadi
Compulsive Hugger

First name: Fady
Likes received: 75

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Team: Odd Squad

Unread postby Woollyhoolly » 7th June, 2018, 6:33 pm

fadi as i told u yesterday and earlier in the thread were still thinking of things for the other tiers.
Made you look

Trudeau's my daddy
Woollyhoolly
Classy

First name: Tim
Likes received: 160

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
2 / 7

Unread postby Petre » 7th June, 2018, 7:15 pm

Woollyhoolly wrote:fadi as i told u yesterday and earlier in the thread were still thinking of things for the other tiers.

One tier could give members the ability to choose their own, uh, what's it called? The place under your profile picture that has a few words. Whatever it's called, a certain tier can give members access to that.

(Title? Is that what it's called? Probably not.)
Petre
Mafia A Rank

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Mafia A Rank

Unread postby Corrdorr » 7th June, 2018, 8:05 pm

Petre might be onto something here...
Tier 1 : User Title
Tier 2 : More space for signatures? (I know some people somehow still have signatures that are TRIPLE the space limit)
Tier 3 : maybe a custom banner under profile pictures that ISN'T MotM/Mafia Rank?

Those tiers can be good incentive to post more on the forum as people become more unique on it? Then Tier 4 is obviously Discord colours but by the time they're tier 4 they'd also be attached to the bonuses they have won for the forum so will feel less inclined to leave once they have their colour.
Image Image Image Image

Corrdorr
Looks Pretty Good for a Dead Bitch

First name: Corey
Likes received: 171

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Corrdorr » 7th June, 2018, 8:06 pm

Tier 4 could be a basic suite of colours to choose from (Red, Green, Orange, White, etc)

Tier 5 could be the expanded colours based off hex code? (That way people can choose a niche colour for doing so well and hitting rank 5)
Image Image Image Image

Corrdorr

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Woollyhoolly » 7th June, 2018, 9:07 pm

Tier 1 is for all basic bitches so no perks for them.
A custom signsture length for 2 and a custom user title for 3 do sound good to me. I dont like the idea of ‘earning’ ‘better’ colours though. I feel like all colours should be unlocked sg the same rank, as there would otherwise be no incentive for some people to reach t5, as their colour is already in t4. T5 deserved sth special, and so does t6. Do note that from now on we’ll be checking spamminess as to prevent people from spamming their way to the top. We will also do weighed posts soon, in the sencr that posts below xx characters count as 1 post, but above xx as 2. But peter and corey, with your suggestions the perks for tier 2 and 3 are set (if it were up to me, ive ofc gotta discuss this with the rest of the modteam).
Made you look

Trudeau's my daddy
Woollyhoolly
Classy

First name: Tim
Likes received: 160

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
2 / 7

Unread postby Corrdorr » 7th June, 2018, 11:01 pm

Please yes I just want more signature space for all my accolades AND cute animated signatures :weep: :weep: :weep:
Image Image Image Image

Corrdorr

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Corrdorr » 7th June, 2018, 11:02 pm

Maybe for tier 5 then we could do the custom profile banner? Seeing as they're pretty special already (Seeing as it's only MotM and Mafia) having a tier that gives that could be seen as an extra special privilege given that the banners already ARE a special privilege?
Image Image Image Image

Corrdorr

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Anonymous Boy » 10th June, 2018, 8:36 am

New addition:

• Activity Tier progress bars - These give you an easy way to visually see your (and others') progress to the next tier. Hover over them for the same information in numbers.

Note that your progress will drop as posts you made 2 weeks ago drop out of consideration; the progress bar will also give you an easy way to see if you're about to drop down a tier, since that happens when your progress on the bar drops below zero.

To avoid that happening, just keep posting regularly, and note that it's easier to maintain a consistent tier level by making a few posts each day rather than waiting 2 weeks and then having to suddenly make a lot more :D

Fadi wrote:Okay you got the system down but like I argued yesterday and 2 days ago, I don’t see a reason why Tier II and III exist or Tier V+ because it’s just a plain tag that is equal to Tier I, why not just have Tier I and Tier IV only because they are the only tiers that actually bring a reward for forum activity and pariticipation on the forum?
Woollyhoolly wrote:fadi as i told u yesterday and earlier in the thread were still thinking of things for the other tiers.

Also, they give you something to work toward that may seem less out of reach. I don't imagine it would be very encouraging for a new member to see after registering that to reach (what is now) Tier IV they'd need to make 28 posts. Much more encouraging for them to see they have to make 7 to reach the next tier, which is actually something that seems doable after you register. And then it's just 7 more to reach Tier III. And then 14 to reach Tier IV, and they'll only see a number higher than 7 after they've already got into posting by making over a dozen posts.

And we do want to encourage people to make more than the 2 posts per day required for Tier IV, since that really isn't a lot :P which is why we do reward people with higher numbers for making more posts. Of course we're adding more perks, but people like higher numbers anyway, so in this way, tiers without any perks still serve a purpose.

Petre wrote:

One tier could give members the ability to choose their own, uh, what's it called? The place under your profile picture that has a few words. Whatever it's called, a certain tier can give members access to that.

(Title? Is that what it's called? Probably not.)

Custom title :)

That seems like a good idea! I'm not sure if this is how you intended it, but I think maybe the best thing would be to just restrict the ability to get a new custom title (either a change or a whole new one for someone who didn't have one before) to people in a certain tier, since there are a lot of old members with funny or interesting titles who are no longer (very) active and I think those still serve a purpose, particularly when reading old posts. That way you also don't lose it when you temporarily drop below the required tier.

And thanks everyone who's made further suggestions for perks! This is exactly the kind of feedback we were hoping for. :keke:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Currently caring for my very ill father, so please expect a delay if you message me.
If you need urgent help with something, I recommend getting in touch with a moderator.
Anonymous Boy
Owner/Administrator

First name: René
Likes received: 314

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Jacketh » 10th June, 2018, 1:31 pm

I think its working really well. I'm surprised none of us thought about something like this pre-Discord.

I do think the "like" system did reduce the need to post a little bit too, so that balances that out.
Jacketh

Likes received: 918

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
5 / 7

Unread postby Petre » 8th July, 2018, 7:32 pm

Maybe we could boost activity by making Discord tier exclusive lol
Petre
Mafia A Rank

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Mafia A Rank

Previous

Recently active