Activity level tag and discord colours

Off-topic posts go in here; this forum is only loosely moderated.

Re: Activity level tag and discord colours

Unread postby KrisCross » 28th May, 2018, 2:11 pm

KevCon wrote:
KrisCross wrote:How do you claim it's not actually about the colors, but then complain how you're 'dragged' into it or that it will become a chore, as if you're forced to be active on the forum now? :fml: Just keep on not posting if you don't want to, you're not being forced. If the colors are not important to you, this update doesn't really concern you, does it?
As I have said, it is not about the colors. I will continue to use Discord no matter what. The problem is that forum users are bringing their lacking activity problems onto the Discord. Those who don't spend much time on the forum probably act as they do for good reason. Because the forum is boring for some people. I cannot see why that is such a huge problem. There is no reason to change our status because of something that only a part of the community considers a problem.

Yeah and as I said, if it's not about the colors, then why make such a big deal out of it. This literally doesn't affect you, since you don't care about the colors. There is no problem if you think the forum is boring.
KrisCross
Belgian Daddy

Likes received: 430

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Team: Cheer Team

Unread postby Lochlan » 28th May, 2018, 2:20 pm

Omg wtf is going on, this isn't some huge conspiracy! The forum needs more activity, and this is designed to help with that! Kevin who hurt you that you're so pissed you're losing a colour! That's the only way it affects you!
Lochlan
BOT Hunter

First name: Lochlan
Likes received: 294

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
3 / 7

Team: Nerd Herd

Unread postby Estaphel » 28th May, 2018, 2:56 pm

:tea:
I want some tea.
Estaphel
Pelican Town Resident

First name: Ben
Likes received: 10

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Kaspar » 28th May, 2018, 3:04 pm

Zephyrus wrote:I don't want to go back to a boring colour. I have been convinced.

That's the spirit

But honestly, it really is a conspiracy. Next up soon: get a custom colour for a 5€ monthly subscription, available only for Tier IV+ forum users.
Proudly, the Captain of team Spirited Away
House Cup 2017

ImageImage
ImageImage
Kaspar
Lochlan's cat enthusiast

First name: Kacper
Likes received: 703

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
1 / 7

Unread postby JonathanT88 » 28th May, 2018, 3:32 pm

KevCon wrote:Well congratulations - you motivated me to use the forum for once.

I must say that the administration has managed to reach a whole new level that I did not expect. As one of a liberal mind and soul, I feel how the Holy Spirit urges me to speak out against totalitarian measures such as many before me, who were born as much braver and bolder individuals than myself, have had to do when they experienced it.

While I consider the forum to be almost completely useless, and not something worth spending time on in general, I do recognize that many in the community hold it very close to their hearts, and believe it to be essential. I respect that opinion and their right to use the forum as much as they like. It is only nice when we have more activity across the board. My own boyfriend is one such person who contributes a great deal of his time to the forum, and so I have no reason whatsoever to attempt to damage it.

So, since I who only use the Discord from time to time and nothing else, do not attempt to persecute forum users, or force them to put the Discord first and chat there for a certain amount of time each day, and since I have never heard of any other Discord users who have done so, I fail to understand why we must be victims of such persecution by those who adore the forum.

Why do we have to waste part of our day on a website that we have no interest in, just so that we can fully enjoy our experience on the Discord, where we chat with our friends? Why is the platform that we prefer seen as somehow inferior to the forum? I am aware that it may have started as such, but there would hardly be a need for such harsh measures to save the forum if it was still the case today.

I doubt that many of us who only use the Discord truly care about what color our name appears in. The nature of the features that we may or may not have access to is not the problem. The problem is that the administration is becoming a dystopian kind of regime. A regime in which those users who act according to the arbitary desires of the regime may receive symbolic rewards to set them apart from we scum who dare follow our own passions and desires. A divisive community with second-rate citizens.

I strongly urge the staff to discard these ridiciulous measures and pursue a strategy of motivating people in positive ways. A strategy that will allow the community to develop in such a way as all its users desire. Not according to how a well-organized interest group within the community wishes it. Let forum users enjoy all that is lovely about the forum, and let us who want more fast-paced communication have that in peace. Do not punish Discord users because they have found a way to fit within the community. Embrace us. We are not evil people who are trying to undermine the very core of the community. We want it to prosper just as much as everyone else.

Calm down, mate.
Gudrun wrote:

"How many times have I told you? Homosexuality is only to be used for revolutionary purposes!"

Image ImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImage
JonathanT88
Horny Jonathan of the Homosexual Intifada

First name: Jonathan (duh.)
Likes received: 786

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Gavin » 28th May, 2018, 3:39 pm

ive got like 800 posts is that enough to keep my yellow colour?

ImageImage
Gavin
Kevin but shittier

First name: Gavin
Likes received: 200

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
1 / 7

Unread postby Anonymous Boy » 28th May, 2018, 3:40 pm

Gavin wrote:ive got like 800 posts is that enough to keep my yellow colour?

no
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Currently caring for my very ill father, so please expect a delay if you message me.
If you need urgent help with something, I recommend getting in touch with a moderator.
Anonymous Boy
Owner/Administrator

First name: René
Likes received: 314

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Gavin » 28th May, 2018, 3:49 pm

Anonymous Boy wrote:

no

ahww

ImageImage
Gavin
Kevin but shittier

First name: Gavin
Likes received: 200

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
1 / 7

Unread postby Anonymous Boy » 28th May, 2018, 4:17 pm

Gavin wrote:
Anonymous Boy wrote:

no

ahww

:hug:

I have 16288 posts and I'm only Tier II. For now.

Currently caring for my very ill father, so please expect a delay if you message me.
If you need urgent help with something, I recommend getting in touch with a moderator.
Anonymous Boy
Owner/Administrator

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Example » 28th May, 2018, 8:25 pm

omg wonder waht tier i am
ImageImage
Example

First name: Kyler
Likes received: 663

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Example » 28th May, 2018, 8:25 pm

oooo guess whos back in the house click clack clackin about
ImageImage
Example

First name: Kyler
Likes received: 663

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby TheBrunswickian » 28th May, 2018, 11:36 pm

i love how the oldfags and the mods are now on the same side. lowkey missing the drama ngl (that was not an invitation to start)
House Cup 2016 - Team Westeros
House Cup 2017 - Team Lion King
Year Cup 2017/18 - The Far East

Shittiest Member 2018 - Amadeus

ImageImage
TheBrunswickian
Lazarus

First name: Jesse
Likes received: 598

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Shayla » 29th May, 2018, 3:29 am

Imo this is a pretty good idea to up the activity of people like me who plan to continue posting but mean to post more often, good job mods!
In the meantime; I need to start kicking myself in the ass to post more :P
Certified Mother
Shayla
Certified Vajina Fan

First name: Shayla
Likes received: 60

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Team: Odd Squad

Unread postby Corrdorr » 29th May, 2018, 7:33 am

TheBrunswickian wrote:i love how the oldfags and the mods are now on the same side. lowkey missing the drama ngl (that was not an invitation to start)

Don’t worry, there are many suggestions on our list that we’ll still hound y’all about and I think there’s a more pressing issue with the attitudes you mods have about each other <3

I can’t wait to see this trialed, give the results we know it will, and be fully implemented so we may get a better chance of having a brighter future for GTF
Image Image Image Image

Corrdorr
Looks Pretty Good for a Dead Bitch

First name: Corey
Likes received: 171

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby TheBrunswickian » 29th May, 2018, 7:54 am

Corrdorr wrote:
TheBrunswickian wrote:i love how the oldfags and the mods are now on the same side. lowkey missing the drama ngl (that was not an invitation to start)

Don’t worry, there are many suggestions on our list that we’ll still hound y’all about and I think there’s a more pressing issue with the attitudes you mods have about each other <3

:tea: wouldnt have said that sis, you've just shown me your hand
House Cup 2016 - Team Westeros
House Cup 2017 - Team Lion King
Year Cup 2017/18 - The Far East

Shittiest Member 2018 - Amadeus

ImageImage
TheBrunswickian
Lazarus

First name: Jesse
Likes received: 598

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Anonymous Boy » 29th May, 2018, 8:27 am

New: You can now easily see how many more posts you need to make to reach the next tier, both next to your posts and in your profile.

(This notice is only visible to yourself.)

Anonymous Boy
Owner/Administrator

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby CRUSTY SEA MILF » 29th May, 2018, 9:01 am

TheBrunswickian wrote:
Corrdorr wrote:

:tea: wouldnt have said that sis, you've just shown me your hand

:tea: :tea: :tea: :tea: :tea: :tea: :tea:

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
CRUSTY SEA MILF wrote:You the right boob to my left, the peanut butter to my jelly, the Donald to my Melania, the Trisha Paytas to my 5 pounds of salami
CRUSTY SEA MILF
Egregious Infundibular

First name: Brennan/wolbre4
Likes received: 422

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Hierax » 29th May, 2018, 11:22 am

Anonymous Boy wrote:New: You can now easily see how many more posts you need to make to reach the next tier, both next to your posts and in your profile.

Is this only on the new theme? Because I can't seem to find it on the old one?
ImageImage
Hierax
Flazéda

Likes received: 380

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Anonymous Boy » 29th May, 2018, 12:46 pm

Hierax wrote:
Anonymous Boy wrote:New: You can now easily see how many more posts you need to make to reach the next tier, both next to your posts and in your profile.

I didn't realise so many people still used the old theme :3 otherwise I would have made it more of a priority.

Should appear for you now.

Anonymous Boy
Owner/Administrator

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Circles » 29th May, 2018, 12:50 pm

Anonymous Boy wrote:
Hierax wrote:

I didn't realise so many people still used the old theme :3 otherwise I would have made it more of a priority.

Should appear for you now.

aeroblue4lyfe

edit: nvm i'm a dumb
ImageImageImageImageoooo
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Circles
Twinkerbell

First name: Marshall
Likes received: 90

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Team: Odd Squad

PreviousNext

Recently active