Forum features and improvements discussion

Off-topic posts go in here; this forum is only loosely moderated.

Re: Forum features and improvements discussion

Unread postby Dessy » 24th February, 2018, 1:35 pm

Jacketh wrote:It's possible I'm going crazy but I swear certain posts have a larger (and somewhat annoying) gap in between the first sentence and text they're quoting - and the formatting of the post suggests that the gap shouldn't be that large.

Example:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=75350&p=2515753#p2515753

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=75350&p=2515753#p2515753

How it should look:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=75350&start=1360#p2514549

Maybe I'm getting old and senile. Can anyone else see that?

:rip:
Image
ImageImage
ImageImage


Image
User avatar
Dessy
Elemental Hero JudgeDes
 
First name: Des
Posts: 10874
Likes received: 357
Joined: 16th September, 2013, 2:02 am
Country: United States (us)

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Re: Forum features and improvements discussion

Unread postby Dessy » 24th February, 2018, 1:38 pm

Dessy wrote:
Jacketh wrote:It's possible I'm going crazy but I swear certain posts have a larger (and somewhat annoying) gap in between the first sentence and text they're quoting - and the formatting of the post suggests that the gap shouldn't be that large.

Example:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=75350&p=2515753#p2515753

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=75350&p=2515753#p2515753

How it should look:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=75350&start=1360#p2514549

Maybe I'm getting old and senile. Can anyone else see that?

:rip:


:rip: (x2)
Image
ImageImage
ImageImage


Image
User avatar
Dessy
Elemental Hero JudgeDes
 
First name: Des
Posts: 10874
Likes received: 357
Joined: 16th September, 2013, 2:02 am
Country: United States (us)

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Re: Forum features and improvements discussion

Unread postby Jacketh » 24th February, 2018, 1:39 pm

DES SHUT UP

I SWEAR SOMETHING HAS CHANGED I'VE ALWAYS LEFT MY A GAP BETWEEN [/QUOTE] AND THE START OF MY SENTENCE AND THE GAP HAS NEVER BEEN THAT PRONOUNCED

hi

hi

hi


hi
..
Jacketh
Member
 
Posts: 10405
Likes received: 918
Joined: 12th June, 2012, 7:00 pm
Location: Thai drug lab
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
5 / 7

Re: Forum features and improvements discussion

Unread postby Kaspar » 24th February, 2018, 1:41 pm

did you forget how to GTF? :rip:
Image
Proudly, the Captain of team Spirited Away
House Cup 2017



ImageImage
ImageImage
User avatar
Kaspar
Lochlan's cat enthusiast
 
First name: Kacper
Posts: 2623
Likes received: 703
Joined: 18th January, 2017, 5:50 pm
Location: Northern Poland almost by the sea ey
Country: Poland (pl)

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
1 / 7

Re: Forum features and improvements discussion

Unread postby Jacketh » 24th February, 2018, 1:44 pm

Kaspar wrote:did you forget how to GTF? :rip:
Image


No, I know that there is a gap (I've always put a gap), just that the space the gap is causing feels like it has been extended and isn't what it use to be. It feels like I've pressed enter twice and that there is two lines, but there is only one.

If you look at the space between these two paragraphs, that is the space that one line should equate too. You can see that the space between [/quote] and the start of the sentence in the examples is bigger, though!
..
Jacketh
Member
 
Posts: 10405
Likes received: 918
Joined: 12th June, 2012, 7:00 pm
Location: Thai drug lab
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
5 / 7

For post #This post was deleted by Jacketh on 24th February, 2018, 3:57 pm.
Reason: [deleted]

Re: Forum features and improvements discussion

Unread postby Circles » 12th April, 2018, 2:46 pm

Quick thought, I thoroughly dislike the flippancy with which people change their usernames. I can't keep track of anyone, and when I can't tie a post to a user without going back through their other posts to sleuth out who they are, it's very frustrating.
ImageImageImageImageoooo
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Image
User avatar
Circles
Twinkerbell
 
First name: Marshall
Posts: 4150
Likes received: 90
Joined: 3rd March, 2013, 5:32 pm
Location: Minneapolis
Country: United States (us)

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Team: Odd Squad

Re: Forum features and improvements discussion

Unread postby Cobalt » 12th April, 2018, 3:05 pm

Circles wrote:Quick thought, I thoroughly dislike the flippancy with which people change their usernames. I can't keep track of anyone, and when I can't tie a post to a user without going back through their other posts to sleuth out who they are, it's very frustrating.

I actually agree with this.

Traditionally only one username change has been allowed, and mods are supposed to log them in a thread in staff chat. They weren’t kept up with well recently, but I’ll bring it up to try and make sure they’re being tracked.
User avatar
Cobalt
Momderator
 
Posts: 21660
Likes received: 302
Joined: 1st August, 2009, 12:20 am
Country: United States (us)

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
1 / 7

Re: Forum features and improvements discussion

Unread postby Calcifer » 12th April, 2018, 3:56 pm

Maybe having some way by hovering over a user's name and it dropping down with 'Also know as' or 'aliases' like Steam has?
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Calcifer
Some Hypersexual Puppy Cat Thing
 
First name: Calum
Posts: 1259
Likes received: 126
Joined: 30th June, 2014, 3:12 pm
Location: England
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
2 / 7

Re: Forum features and improvements discussion

Unread postby CRUSTY SEA MILF » 12th April, 2018, 4:07 pm

Speaking of, what ever happened to wolbre04?
Image

ImageImageImageImage

Image
ImageImageImageImage
CRUSTY SEA MILF wrote:You the right boob to my left, the peanut butter to my jelly, the Donald to my Melania, the Trisha Paytas to my 5 pounds of salami
User avatar
CRUSTY SEA MILF
Egregious Infundibular
 
First name: Brennan/wolbre4
Posts: 1736
Likes received: 422
Joined: 1st November, 2017, 7:04 pm
Location: Probably Kevin's DMs / Minnesota
Country: United States (us)

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Re: Forum features and improvements discussion

Unread postby Lochlan » 12th April, 2018, 5:06 pm

CRUSTY SEA MILF wrote:Speaking of, what ever happened to wolbre04?

Who knows, I'm glad the power hungry twat's gone though. Good riddance.
luv ya bren
User avatar
Lochlan
BOT Hunter
 
First name: Lochlan
Posts: 1348
Likes received: 294
Joined: 16th March, 2015, 12:43 pm
Location: Merseyside
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
3 / 7

Team: Nerd Herd

Re: Forum features and improvements discussion

Unread postby Cobalt » 12th April, 2018, 5:21 pm

Calcifer wrote:Maybe having some way by hovering over a user's name and it dropping down with 'Also know as' or 'aliases' like Steam has?

Traditionally the user’s usertitle is changed to be “formerly x” until the community adjusts to the name change, but I guess the first name field works for this also.

So Crusty sea milf can put “Brennan” or “wolbre04” in his first name field of his profile for example.
User avatar
Cobalt
Momderator
 
Posts: 21660
Likes received: 302
Joined: 1st August, 2009, 12:20 am
Country: United States (us)

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
1 / 7

Re: Forum features and improvements discussion

Unread postby Dua Lipa » 13th April, 2018, 1:49 am

I think its more to do with the fact you use the forum once every 6 months Marshall, I've never seen an issue with people changing names because A) they typically keep the same avatar, signature, post count and B) They usually tell you when you next see them in chat, which I'd assume is sometime in the same week they changed their name unless of course you're extremely inactive which is your problem.
Twink enthusiast

ImageImage

ImageImage
User avatar
Dua Lipa
Actually Heterosexual
 
First name: Ethan
Posts: 4240
Likes received: 848
Joined: 4th November, 2015, 3:49 am
Location: Your Sister's Bedroom
Country: New Zealand (nz)

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
4 / 7

Re: Forum features and improvements discussion

Unread postby Corrdorr » 13th April, 2018, 1:57 am

In saying that though it would definitely be beneficial for some formal way of finding out a member's past usernames, regardless of whether or not the person finding out is new, old, active, or inactive.

Just putting past usernames or a commonly referred to name in the 'First Name' bar in a profile is a quick fix, but it's not a true fix.

Remember that we do have some older members that have been around for years. Some have had changes, made new accounts for fresh starts, etc in the space between the visits of other older members. It can be a bit confusing at times
Image Image Image Image
Image

Image
User avatar
Corrdorr
Looks Pretty Good for a Dead Bitch
 
First name: Corey
Posts: 2030
Likes received: 171
Joined: 18th January, 2014, 9:00 am
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Country: Australia (au)

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Re: Forum features and improvements discussion

Unread postby JonathanT88 » 16th April, 2018, 9:15 pm

Sam's too lazy to post this himself, and because I apparently have "influence" I've decided to post this on his behalf in exchange for one fresh mangina.

We demand Discord roles be created to represent GTFA awards, fulfilling a similar role to the signature badges. It would be easy to implement, would give people something to strive for, and would feed my narcissism. When did a little recognition ever go amiss?
Gudrun wrote:

"How many times have I told you? Homosexuality is only to be used for revolutionary purposes!"

Image ImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
JonathanT88
Horny Jonathan of the Homosexual Intifada
 
First name: Jonathan (duh.)
Posts: 5641
Likes received: 786
Joined: 1st June, 2013, 1:19 pm
Location: A Berlin sex dungeon
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Re: Forum features and improvements discussion

Unread postby CRUSTY SEA MILF » 16th April, 2018, 10:50 pm

Since that would require a lot of roles to be added, why not just add a "hall of fame" channel or something that users can't post in, but showcases the previous holders of each award? We could also add this to the forum itself :D
Image

ImageImageImageImage

Image
ImageImageImageImage
CRUSTY SEA MILF wrote:You the right boob to my left, the peanut butter to my jelly, the Donald to my Melania, the Trisha Paytas to my 5 pounds of salami
User avatar
CRUSTY SEA MILF
Egregious Infundibular
 
First name: Brennan/wolbre4
Posts: 1736
Likes received: 422
Joined: 1st November, 2017, 7:04 pm
Location: Probably Kevin's DMs / Minnesota
Country: United States (us)

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Re: Forum features and improvements discussion

Unread postby Jacketh » 17th April, 2018, 4:56 am

CRUSTY SEA MILF wrote:Since that would require a lot of roles to be added, why not just add a "hall of fame" channel or something that users can't post in, but showcases the previous holders of each award? We could also add this to the forum itself :D


It wouldn't be that hard, there is only about 25 awards.

15 minute job. And Jonathan just wants "the genius" on his tags.
..
Jacketh
Member
 
Posts: 10405
Likes received: 918
Joined: 12th June, 2012, 7:00 pm
Location: Thai drug lab
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
5 / 7

Re: Forum features and improvements discussion

Unread postby Kaspar » 17th April, 2018, 7:45 am

GTFA tags seem like a nice idea, it'll just need to be neatly sorted so that we don't end up with a huge mess.

I'm thinking a channel for GTFAs when they'll be going live - with forum links, references, lists of candidates etc etc
Proudly, the Captain of team Spirited Away
House Cup 2017



ImageImage
ImageImage
User avatar
Kaspar
Lochlan's cat enthusiast
 
First name: Kacper
Posts: 2623
Likes received: 703
Joined: 18th January, 2017, 5:50 pm
Location: Northern Poland almost by the sea ey
Country: Poland (pl)

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
1 / 7

Re: Forum features and improvements discussion

Unread postby JonathanT88 » 17th April, 2018, 8:05 am

Jacketh wrote:
CRUSTY SEA MILF wrote:Since that would require a lot of roles to be added, why not just add a "hall of fame" channel or something that users can't post in, but showcases the previous holders of each award? We could also add this to the forum itself :D


It wouldn't be that hard, there is only about 25 awards.

15 minute job. And Jonathan just wants "the genius" on his tags.


You’ve got to look for validation where you can when you’re nothing but an EX-MOD like you an I!
Gudrun wrote:

"How many times have I told you? Homosexuality is only to be used for revolutionary purposes!"

Image ImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImage
User avatar
JonathanT88
Horny Jonathan of the Homosexual Intifada
 
First name: Jonathan (duh.)
Posts: 5641
Likes received: 786
Joined: 1st June, 2013, 1:19 pm
Location: A Berlin sex dungeon
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Re: Forum features and improvements discussion

Unread postby Tim. » 28th May, 2018, 7:45 pm

So I was playing around with the ‘new’ theme to see if I could get used to it, when I noticed there doesn’t seem to be a quick reply text box at the bottom of the thread. You had to click post reply and wait for a second page to load and then type. This I imagine is playing a part role in the decline in forum activity in event times. Who can be bothered going to a separate page just to type a quick post. The text box that I’m using now is easy, all on the same page, easy to reference other posts in the thread and is just like using the comment reply feature on a Facebook post or something. Perhaps this could get looked at? If you want to hold forum activity then surely it’s vital to make posting as easy as could possibly be.
Tim.
The Southern Ex-Moderator
 
Posts: 3439
Likes received: 202
Joined: 21st July, 2012, 10:01 pm

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

PreviousNext

Recently active
Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], Gavin, Google Web Preview [Bot], Linkdex [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], Trendiction [Bot], Yandex [Bot] and 102 guests