New forum features and improvements

Off-topic posts go in here; this forum is only loosely moderated.

Re: New forum features and improvements

Unread postby Anonymous Boy » 7th May, 2018, 10:47 am

• Changes implemented in Spring 2018:

• Search-engine optimisation (SEO) - I've noticed GFO is getting a lot more new members than GTF. One of the differences between GTF and GFO is that GFO was set up from the start with a version of the forum software that is heavily search-engine-optimised which wasn't available yet when this forum was set up. I suspect this is related, so over the next few weeks I'll be installing some of the same optimisations on GTF. This may result in some temporary glitches, so apologies in advance for those.

• Closet-domain bug fixes - Fixed the problem where users of the closet version of GTF (gt-forum.org) got sent to the regular domain after clicking certain links, like those to the Games & Competitions sub-sections on the home page.

I wrote the fix for this to also cover scenarios like clicking a link in a post that was written pointing to a page on gayteenforum.org, which previously would also have taken you back to the regular domain. When you're coming from gt-forum.org, you should now be kept there automatically.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Currently caring for my very ill father, so please expect a delay if you message me.
If you need urgent help with something, I recommend getting in touch with a moderator.
Anonymous Boy
Owner/Administrator

First name: René
Likes received: 314

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Anonymous Boy » 10th May, 2018, 12:23 pm

• Closet Image Uploader layout fixed - Fixed the problem where the Image Uploader layout wouldn't load properly when accessed from the closet domain.

If you spot anything else that isn't working correctly, please do message me :)

• Closet Image Uploader domain - When accessed from the closet domain, the Image Uploader's URL now shows as https://pics.gt-forum.org.

• New improved version of the logo

Currently caring for my very ill father, so please expect a delay if you message me.
If you need urgent help with something, I recommend getting in touch with a moderator.
Anonymous Boy
Owner/Administrator

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Anonymous Boy » 4th June, 2018, 3:23 pm

• Forum Activity Tiers - As announced last week, this is a new feature that allows you to see how active people have been recently, which may be more useful information than e.g. post count. This information is now shown next to posts, in profiles, and on Discord.

You can also see how many more posts you need to make to reach the next tier, in the same location in your own posts/profile.

To encourage participation in the forum itself, certain privileges such as custom name colours on Discord will be linked to your activity tier (requiring a minimum of tier IV in this case, which just involves making an average of 2 posts per day for 2 weeks).

Sidenotes:
      • For more details about how this works, please check out the announcement linked above.
      • If you don't see your activity tier on Discord despite having had an account on the forum for a while, this may be because your nickname on the server doesn't match your forum username. If you've checked that and they do match, please PM me and we'll figure it out.
        Please bear with us as the process may not be flawless right away. Also, there will initially be a delay between your activity tier changing on the forum and the records on Discord being updated; I'm working on making the integration more seamless to avoid this delay in the future.
      • We're still coming up with other perks for the different tiers. Feel free to get in touch with any staff member if you'd like to suggest one!
      Thanks to Ethan for this idea :keke:

Anonymous Boy
Owner/Administrator

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Anonymous Boy » 10th June, 2018, 8:35 am

• Forum Activity Tier progress bars - These give you an easy way to visually see your (and others') progress to the next tier. Hover over them for the same information in numbers.

Note that your progress will drop as posts you made 2 weeks ago drop out of consideration; the progress bar will also give you an easy way to see if you're about to drop down a tier, since that happens when your progress on the bar drops below zero.

To avoid that happening, just keep posting regularly, and note that it's easier to maintain a consistent tier level by making a few posts each day rather than waiting 2 weeks and then having to suddenly make a lot more :D

Anonymous Boy
Owner/Administrator

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Anonymous Boy » 15th June, 2018, 11:59 am

• House Cup team standings - Team standings are now visible on team group pages in the Quarto theme (as they have been in AeroBlue and Serenity). Try clicking a team in the sidebar on the homepage or on the main House Cup page.

Anonymous Boy
Owner/Administrator

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Anonymous Boy » 16th June, 2018, 3:13 pm

• Extended Unicode support for smileys etc. - In the past, you may have got an error when trying to make a post that included certain special Unicode characters, like certain smileys that you can type on your phone. This should now no longer occur when these are included in the body of a post. I'll add support in other places in the near future.

Anonymous Boy
Owner/Administrator

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Previous

Recently active