Is this the same at most schools?

Discuss sexuality, whether your own or someone else's.

Is this the same at most schools?

Unread postby masfs » 28th August, 2018, 7:07 pm

I've been to two high schools and I've seen very open lesbians and at my old school there was a decent amount of non-binary people. I've only been to the GSA at my old school (and no, I never came out) and there was only one other guy in there, who could have just been a friend of someone there. So my question is: Are gay guys generally afraid to be openly in a relationship or even talk about their sexuality? I have social anxiety so I just assumed most people have it easier than me but thinking about it things must still be hard for a lot of gay guys out there since some straight guys are pretty homophobic and if they have a lot of male friends that could ruin some of their friendships.
However, to my surprise, someone at my school saw two guys holding hands so maybe there are some openly gay guys that I just happen to never see but what was really weird is that the girl who saw them said guys are never affectionate so she was weirded out by the fact they even wanted to hold hands.
masfs

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Re: Is this the same at most schools?

Unread postby Dua Lipa » 28th August, 2018, 7:36 pm

I mean its impossible to answer that question as it all depends on country, state, city even what town the school is in and the attitudes of the people in that specific place.
Twink enthusiast

ImageImage

ImageImage
Dua Lipa
Actually Heterosexual

First name: Ethan
Likes received: 850

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby masfs » 28th August, 2018, 11:49 pm

Dua Lipa wrote:I mean its impossible to answer that question as it all depends on country, state, city even what town the school is in and the attitudes of the people in that specific place.

I guess I'm just looking to see how it is at the schools that other members go to.
masfs

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby PinkUkulele » 30th August, 2018, 1:19 am

I go to school in Canada and I have seen the same thing, although I am out and have been for a long time but I have not received any real harassment or bullying, so I have always just assumed that my school just doesn't have more than like 4 gay guys per grade in a school of 1000 or so people. That's just my experience though
PinkUkulele

First name: Eli
Likes received: 1

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Jasperzz » 30th August, 2018, 4:39 am

at my school in the uk, there are a fair few lesbians and gay guys, as well as two trans people, but at the same time a lot of people in my school are pretty homophobic and transphobic so people usually keep their sexuality and gender hush-hush. Upon saying that, I'd argue that I am still, despite the bad environment, quite open about who I am, I have some really great friends and some not-so-helpful old friends who really make me feel bad about myself but I have started hanging out with them less... My advice to you is to find some really great people to surround yourself with and you'll soon feel so much happier :)
Love from the opposite of straightness Xx
Jasperzz

First name: Jasper
Likes received: 1

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby fivetangent » 31st August, 2018, 8:49 pm

My school is... meh idk.
Of course there are some ''tough guys'' that try to act like their the straightest guys ever by mocking other's sexuality, whilst they never saw a naked girl in front of them... but tbh i don't see them around that much, probably because they left school by now and younger students seem to have a way more open mentality when it comes to sexuality (that's the only positive thing about them, they're pretty dumb when it comes to other aspects, for example, drugs, etc...)
I've attended this school for more than 7 years now (from 7th to 12th grade, but i'm staying for another year because i need to repeat a subject), and i've only saw a gay couple once... and it was this year. One of them was my friend and i don't remember him complaining about homophobia at our school.
We do have some closeted kids (i think i can fit into that).. well, they think they are closeted, but some of them are pretty obvious, and i have 2 friends of mine that came out as gay, but only after they left school.
So, i can conclude that in my school there aren't that many homophobes.. if they do exist, they are very quiet about it. But many students are still, for some reason, scared of coming out (which i can fully understand)
fivetangent

Likes received: 2

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby MaskedPanda » 1st September, 2018, 4:08 pm

In the SOuthern part of the U.S. so...automatically you know what my experience is(in closet).
MaskedPanda

First name: Thane
Likes received: 2

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

PostThis post was deleted by René on 25th November, 2018, 10:36 am.
Reason: Spam

Recently active