Not sure on how to best categorize myself

Discuss sexuality, whether your own or someone else's.

Not sure on how to best categorize myself

Unread postby Unsureteen04 » 1st July, 2018, 4:07 pm

Hello to all, my name is Jacob (male, he/him), and I just joined.
Recently I've been having issues in figuring out my sexuality and orientation. I currently have a girlfriend, whom i care for greatly. I love her, genuinely, and feel attraction towards her.
That being said, for several years, I've felt some level of attraction towards other guys. This attraction feels less romantic and more primal, and since I've never had a boyfriend, I don't know how I would feel with that. So overall my more sexual attraction seems directed towards guys, and romantic towards girls, but I haven't really had a chance to experience either with the other. How would you label this?
Unsureteen04

First name: Jacob

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Re: Not sure on how to best categorize myself

Unread postby devedani » 1st July, 2018, 4:13 pm

I would have a look at the list of spectrum, or put in the terms into Tumblr, and i'll guarantee there's a term for you. You can talk to me in PM if you're having a lot of trouble, and i'll help.
ig: ffsdani sc: bit.ly/vensnap vsco: https://vsco.co/venfae/images/1
devedani

First name: Dani
Likes received: 2

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby CRUSTY SEA MILF » 1st July, 2018, 4:31 pm

I would say bi, bisexual encompasses a pretty wide expanse of preferences. Some ppl like yourself prefer girls or guys in certain situations and that's not uncommon

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
CRUSTY SEA MILF wrote:You the right boob to my left, the peanut butter to my jelly, the Donald to my Melania, the Trisha Paytas to my 5 pounds of salami
CRUSTY SEA MILF
Egregious Infundibular

First name: Brennan/wolbre4
Likes received: 422

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
1 / 7

Unread postby Zephyrus » 1st July, 2018, 5:41 pm

As CRUSTY SEA MILF said, bi seems like the easiest way to explain to people what your sexuality is. While sexuality can be quite specific (such as you feeling sexual attraction for men and romantic attraction for women), explaining its nuances can be confusing for people, so it may be easier for you to just say bi. :P
However, don't feel like you have to label yourself so quickly. Maybe give yourself time to come to terms with your sexuality first. :keke:
Image Image
Zephyrus
Formerly "BucketTech"

First name: Tyler
Likes received: 104

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
2 / 7

Team: Nerd Herd

Unread postby TheBrunswickian » 2nd July, 2018, 9:28 am

You don't need to put a label on yourself if you're not sure how you feel.
House Cup 2016 - Team Westeros
House Cup 2017 - Team Lion King
Year Cup 2017/18 - The Far East

Shittiest Member 2018 - Amadeus

ImageImage
TheBrunswickian
Lazarus

First name: Jesse
Likes received: 598

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Wayde » 2nd July, 2018, 8:04 pm

You're probably bi, or even gay. When I was first coming to terms, I told myself that there was no way I could ever be in a romantic relationship with a guy. My feelings towards the male gender were strictly physical. I may have even tried to convince myself that I had a crush on my best friend at the time (a girl). But then, as time went on, I accepted who I was and realized that it was just me trying to rationalize it to myself because I was scared of actually being gay. The label seemed so harsh and defining, that I was scared of it. Now I can't imagine having a romantic relationship with anyone but a dude. Since you said that you are attracted to your girlfriend, you're probably bi, but that may change. Just accept yourself as who you are no matter what, and you'll discover yourself along the way.
Wayde
A Witty User Titleā„¢

First name: Wayde
Likes received: 31

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby robinren » 4th July, 2018, 6:57 am

it depends on how specific you want to be. homosexual heteroromantic is the most specific wording i could find, bi is in the middle and if you don't want a label for yourself just yet, you can just call yourself lgbt or questioning. it depends on what makes you feel most comfortable. my advice is experiment around (even just mentally), because over time things will reveal themselves and you'll have a better picture of who exactly you're attracted to. be sure to accept yourself no matter which it is, and it's ok to not be sure or not have a label!
robinren

First name: Robin

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Recently active