Coming Out To My Friends- My Experience

Discuss sexuality, whether your own or someone else's.

Coming Out To My Friends- My Experience

Unread postby Jasperzz » 8th June, 2018, 2:26 pm

So, I thought that I'd share with you guys my experience of coming out to all of my close friends to help any of you that are thinking about coming out :)
Basically, I have two different circles of friends: One is all guys and the other is all girls plus one guy (who is going out with one of the girls)

Me and the girls group were in the local park hanging out like we do most saturdays and somehow we got into the conversation of letting out our inner thoughts and secrets. The other guy told us all that he was bisexual and that shocked us all, apart from his girlfriend because she already knew. They all asked me if i was gay as I am quite camp and they all follow stereotypes haha :D I went bright red and they said "It's ok, we dont mind, we will support you."
That's when I truely realised how great they all are, and this was only the third time I had hung out with all of them. We are all even closer now after this :awesome: This happened in October last year (2017). I find that they are much easier to talk to than my group of guy friends who I'll talk about in a sec...

So, me and three other of my guy friends went to Truro (A city in Cornwall) just to hang out. Me, and two other of my friends, were walking to the railway station and I said how I was,"seeing someone who I hadn't met" (I had met them online and they went to a school in Cornwall, just like me.) They got all worried and they said they'd tell my parents if I didn't tell them who it was. I persuaded them not to do so, thank god.

Later on, our other mate had joined us and we were all sat in Starbucks. That's when I dropped the bomb. I simply said,"You know that person I'm seeing. It's not a girl, it's a guy." They all looked a bit awkward and one of them asked,"So you're gay?" and I was just like,"Yup." For the rest of the day they were acting weirdly but after the weekend back at school, they are totally fine with it and dont really care, which is fine by me and I am so glad that they are still my friends as i have known them forever. This happened in January this year (2018)

For the next week @ school, a rumour had gone round that I was going out with somebody. I said it was a girl. After a few weeks, I logged onto Instagram and said the truth that I am gay. I had had enough with putting up a facade and I knew the secret was not going to last forever and I have made so many more friends by doing so and I have had a really positive experience and I hope that you all do as well! Good luck!

Ps, I still havent told my parents as I feel it will be a better time to tell them when I am 16 (I am 15 currently)

Thank you all for reading Xx
Love from the opposite of straightness Xx
Jasperzz

First name: Jasper
Likes received: 1

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Re: Coming Out To My Friends- My Experience

Unread postby Dolly » 8th June, 2018, 9:05 pm

Congrats dude :)
Dolly
hotty & country singer

Likes received: 855

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
1 / 7

Unread postby Koiol11 » 9th June, 2018, 3:04 am

Yay I’m happy for you.
Let’s hope it goes well with your parents
Koiol11

Likes received: 5

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Jasperzz » 9th June, 2018, 5:42 am

awh thanks guys-- much appreciated :)) X
Love from the opposite of straightness Xx
Jasperzz

First name: Jasper

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby macdan096 » 9th June, 2018, 5:06 pm

Congrats :)
macdan096

First name: Dan
Likes received: 4

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby ImStruggling » 15th June, 2018, 11:05 am

woah man that takes courage, nice job.

I also really envy your confidence in this, I'm 15 and I'm not planning on coming out for a long time haha. Good luck for when you come out to your parents! :)
ImStruggling

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Recently active