CHALLENGE#6 Digital Art

Here you can participate in all manner of forum-wide games and contests, or even start one of your own!

Re: CHALLENGE#6 Digital Art

Unread postby Pity » 10th August, 2017, 11:35 am

I decided to do create an impactful art piece for this challenge under the "LGBT+" theme. Everything in this piece was hand-designed and animated by me; I did not use any templates, clip art, or animation makers. I used Affinity Designer to design the scene, Adobe Illustrator to make the rainbow flag, Adobe After Effects for the flag waving animation, and Adobe Photoshop to convert and export the video file into a GIF. It is also the first time I have made an animation before!

Portrayed in this simple and emotional animation is a group of evangelicals protesting a same-sex wedding in the distance. The most notable subject of this composition is a visibly distressed teenager in the back. He is seen holding a sign backward in the grass, which reads "GOD HATES FAGS," a common catchphrase of the infamous Westboro Baptist Church. In his left hand, he is holding a small rainbow flag waving in the wind behind his back so that the others cannot see; this indicates that he is a closeted member of the LGBT+ community. Sadly, he feels trapped, confused, and disgusted because of his position given that he grew up learning that a man or woman would be damned to hell for merely loving the same gender.

Trapped

Pity
hotty & disgraced member

First name: Marcus
Likes received: 427

Team: How To Train Your Dragon

2 points have been awarded for this post.

Re: CHALLENGE#6 Digital Art

Unread postby Ethán » 10th August, 2017, 6:49 pm

Deadlines up people!
Twink enthusiast
Ethán
House Cup Host Farquaad

First name: Ethan
Likes received: 559

Previous

Recently active