Weird Feelings With A REALLY Close Friend

This is the place to discuss and get advice about things like coming out and relationships. Everyone is expected to be courteous here.

Weird Feelings With A REALLY Close Friend

Unread postby TB9810 » 21st June, 2017, 11:24 pm

So it's been almost a year since I've known this guy. We met about a year ago and I became really good friends with his twin brother. But we became really close because we hung out all school year. Shortly after the Christmas holidays, I came out as gay. It turned out I was only bisexual. So this guy, we'll call him Connor. He starts to give me mixed signals, stopping and staring into my eyes. He even placed his hand on my leg after we laughed at a joke and stared me in the eye for a slight second and proceeded to apologize. We sit together on the bus and he sometimes snuggles up close. He's recently made kissing jokes with me, we joke about it. But I've thought about it. He's also like held my hand, interlocking with mine and said it was okay. Today he grabbed my hand on the bus and interlocked with mine. Holding my hand and asked me "If it ever comes to the point of me being gay, would you be my partner/boyfriend?" I responded with yes and he seemed flattered, I freaked out on the inside and I just told him that I didn't like him even though I do. Which hurt him right after saying yes and I don't know what is even going on anymore. He has a girlfriend, I like a girl but it seems like we have something going on and he wants to confess something. What do you guys think?
TB9810

Likes received: 1

Re: Weird Feelings With A REALLY Close Friend

Unread postby TheBrunswickian » 22nd June, 2017, 12:56 am

Its not uncommon to develop an attraction towards close friends, I think its happened to everyone over the years. As for what you should do about it, I would urge you err on the side of caution. If you are interested in him, and you feel that he is interested in return, then put it out in the open. You may be wrong, but its always best to give voice to these concerns and let him know that you feel like you're getting mixed signals. But the most important thing for you to do is look after yourself. Make sure that you're happy and comfortable before making decisions. We're always here if you need more help! :)
House Cup 2016 - Team Westeros
House Cup 2017 - Team Lion King

TheBrunswickian
Data Collector, Community Ambassador

First name: Jesse
Likes received: 338

Unread postby Pity » 22nd June, 2017, 1:16 am

This goes beyond wishful thinking, so I definitely say, without a doubt, he is at least curious about the possibility of being with you. :D Locking hands with you, snuggling, and then making "jokes" about kissing and being with you is not something a straight person would all do. I think he was asking the question because he could be going through the whole "Do I like guys?" phase. In the future, you should continue being his friend and maybe slowly make the same type of "jokes" and actions to see how he responds with the end goal of admitting that you do have feelings for him. Eventually, you may just have a boyfriend on your side, regardless if you're bisexual or gay. I hope everything goes well and good luck. :gay:
Pity
hotty & disgraced member

First name: Marcus
Likes received: 477

Unread postby Kaspar » 22nd June, 2017, 3:18 am

Well, it seems like he's into you. Go for it babe! :D I'd suggest just casually mentioning it or joking about it and watching his response closely. Do not make him feel like he has no chances, because he might try to get over his feelings! When we does these little signs that you spoke about, don't hesitate, but rather go with the flow. That way, you will discretely tell him you like him back. But in the end you two need to talk about it and hope for the best! Good luck! :heart:
Proudly, the Captain of team Spirited Away
House Cup 2017

mattyk wrote:You are indeed all-round 100% certified awesome!

ImageImage
ImageImage
Kaspar
The Kind Moderator / Lochlan's cat enthusiast

First name: Kacper
Likes received: 332

Unread postby boiii » 22nd June, 2017, 5:06 am

I do not know what your goal is, but look. He has a girlfriend. If you like him too, please respect his relationship and her too.

But above all you want to know if there is something going on.
Secrets are mostly shared when you're both alone and not via texts. I'd suggest you'd just ask him.
"Hey, I'm kinda confused about things you said, did ..."
I can imagine that it is hard, but he's your friend.
best of luck :)
Image Image

ImageImage

Winner of the best friendship award together with Kaspar ^.^ and also that other one we don't talk about.
boiii
oh shit waddup

First name: Kamiel
Likes received: 187

Unread postby TB9810 » 24th June, 2017, 1:01 am

Well, we work together and today at work I asked him about all of it. I asked him if he liked me and he said he did. Sounds like a fairytale but, we both feel the same for eachother. We hungout after with some friends and we kept catching eachother checking eachother out. We both said if anything happens with him and his girlfriend, we'll start dating. He seemed really happy and actually excited I told him I'd date him and that I like him and also be his boyfriend. I said the exact samething he said basically. He's still really smiley and glowy about it. Since we said that, it seems like he wants to make a move but he can't. I told him I'm respecting his relationship and supporting him because he loves her.
TB9810

Likes received: 1

PostThis post was deleted by Example on 20th September, 2017, 3:07 am.
Reason: spam

Recently active