I Will Move Abroad But Where?

This is the place to discuss and get advice about things like coming out and relationships. Everyone is expected to be courteous here.

I Will Move Abroad But Where?

Unread postby Rockabye » 25th June, 2018, 7:18 am

Hi everyone! I'm a Turkish boy who lives in İstanbul. And as you know, Turkey goes bad in political, economical and cultural ways. It becomes just like an arabic country and religion takes control. I had had an option in my mind to move abroad years ago but after this elections, I lost my last hope so me and my family will definitely move abroad as so many people do but we are unstable about the country. So if you choose one by concidering, LGBT rights and people's acceptance, prejudice against Turkish people, quality of life which one should we move:

Do not consider about language.

Ireland (Probably Dublin)
Spain (Probably Barcelona)
England (Probably London)
France (Probably Paris or Bordeaux)
Canada (Probably Toronto)
Greece (Probably Athens)
Japan (Probably Kyoto or Tokyo)
Brazil (IDK)
Portugal (Probably Lisbon)
Last edited by Rockabye on 26th June, 2018, 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rockabye

Likes received: 4

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Re: I Will Move Abroad But Where?

Unread postby Flower » 25th June, 2018, 8:38 am

Hahahahahahah.
Yalnız değilmişim, benimde ilk işim Amerika’da okumaya bakmak oldu.

I wish I could move abroad, seeing Erdoğan win 17. Time was a great disappointment. His only electional promise was coffeehouses and cakes.

I recommend Greece. But due to old rivalries, you may encounter some unpleasant things. After that, I most definitely suggest Canada. Its a beautiful country.

I don’t know about your monetary status but You should also note that 1₺ = 0,18€. So Eurozone would be very very expensive.
A star is a star, it doesn’t matter where in the sky I shine.
Flower

Likes received: 10

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier II
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Rockabye » 26th June, 2018, 7:57 am

Flower wrote:Hahahahahahah.
Yalnız değilmişim, benimde ilk işim Amerika’da okumaya bakmak oldu.

I wish I could move abroad, seeing Erdoğan win 17. Time was a great disappointment. His only electional promise was coffeehouses and cakes.

I recommend Greece. But due to old rivalries, you may encounter some unpleasant things. After that, I most definitely suggest Canada. Its a beautiful country.

I don’t know about your monetary status but You should also note that 1₺ = 0,18€. So Eurozone would be very very expensive.

Lol... It's nice to see I am not the only one.
Rockabye

Likes received: 4

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Anonymous Boy » 26th June, 2018, 5:46 pm

Scotland is nice. I'm about to move there myself (though from England, not Turkey). I'd say it meets the requirements you've listed, though obviously the climate is a lot different than what you're used to :P

(Having said that, it actually got up to about 25 °C today, and on Thursday it's supposed to get up to 28 °C :D but this is unusual.)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Currently moving house, so please expect a delay if you message me.
If you need urgent help with something, I recommend getting in touch with a moderator.
Anonymous Boy
Owner/Administrator

First name: René
Likes received: 314

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
1 / 7

Unread postby devedani » 27th June, 2018, 3:21 pm

It depends on what you specifically want. Agreeing with Anonymous Boy, Scotland is a pretty good place if you look over the actually horrible weather most of the time. Having lived in Scotland all my life, it's pretty good. The weather is decent sometimes actually, and it's a pretty basic quiet country. Excluding the immense amount of chavs, barely anything happens here.
ig: ffsdani sc: bit.ly/vensnap vsco: https://vsco.co/venfae/images/1
devedani

First name: Dani
Likes received: 2

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
3 / 7

Unread postby TheBrunswickian » 28th June, 2018, 1:48 am

the lack of Australia on this list is a personal attack
House Cup 2016 - Team Westeros
House Cup 2017 - Team Lion King
Year Cup 2017/18 - The Far East

TheBrunswickian
Lazarus

First name: Jesse
Likes received: 590

:
Tier III
Progress to next tier:
4 / 14

Unread postby Flower » 28th June, 2018, 1:28 pm

TheBrunswickian wrote:the lack of Australia on this list is a personal attack

No one wants to live in “Giant Monsterland”. And also countries who have lost a war against Emus doesn’t qualify. How can they even protect themselves?

[As a side note; Humans caused the extinction of Australian megafauna.]
A star is a star, it doesn’t matter where in the sky I shine.
Flower

Likes received: 10

:
Tier II
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Anonymous Boy » 28th June, 2018, 3:57 pm

Anonymous Boy wrote:Scotland is nice. I'm about to move there myself (though from England, not Turkey). I'd say it meets the requirements you've listed, though obviously the climate is a lot different than what you're used to :P

(Having said that, it actually got up to about 25 °C today, and on Thursday it's supposed to get up to 28 °C :D but this is unusual.)

Update: it got up to about 32 °C here in the Glasgow area today. :runaway: It was unbearable outside, and only just tolerable in our air-conditioned rental car.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Currently moving house, so please expect a delay if you message me.
If you need urgent help with something, I recommend getting in touch with a moderator.
Anonymous Boy
Owner/Administrator

First name: René
Likes received: 314

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
1 / 7

Unread postby fivetangent » 29th June, 2018, 1:36 am

Me and my friend also have that idea in mind to move abroad.
We really want to live in the UK or Canada... i've been to the UK, but only on vacation, and i really liked the lifestyle there... a bit more confusing than the lifestyle that i have nowadays, but i'm sure i could get used to.

Although i'm from Portugal, i don't live in Lisbon, but i go there a lot because i have family there. It's a wonderful city, i love when i go there and i just can't stop counting the days until my next visit.. it's like, i go to the same places every time, but it feels like something new each time i visit them. A lot of people are choosing to move to Lisbon because it has everything any big city has to offer, and it's less confusing compared to many big cities, the weather is good and the landscapes are just wonderful!

What i would suggest is for you to do a little bit of research and read articles about each city you're wondering about moving in, because, although i love Lisbon, you might not feel the same about it.
Either that or move to a place that you've already visited and liked.. and make sure that you are able to live there and adopt their lifestyle. I don't know if you live in a busy city or not, but i'm gonna give you my perspective for example. I live in a very quiet and peaceful place, no traffic at all, basically everyone knows each other, etc... so every time someone from here moves to a city like Lisbon, it's one hell of a difference, because you come from such a peaceful place and now you have to live with constant noise coming from cars, lots of people on the street... you know, things that normal busy cities have to go through, and some people just don't seem to adapt to such lifestyle (although i think i would easily adapt to that, idk, i just love that lifestyle.. the shops, everything you want is just around the corner, a lot more opportunities... everything seems to easy there) and if you're like me, well then, lucky for you, i think you're gonna love it :D
fivetangent

Likes received: 1

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
1 / 7

Unread postby TheBrunswickian » 29th June, 2018, 5:48 am

Flower wrote:
TheBrunswickian wrote:the lack of Australia on this list is a personal attack

No one wants to live in “Giant Monsterland”. And also countries who have lost a war against Emus doesn’t qualify. How can they even protect themselves?

[As a side note; Humans caused the extinction of Australian megafauna.]

me looking for where I asked your weirdo ass :gay:
House Cup 2016 - Team Westeros
House Cup 2017 - Team Lion King
Year Cup 2017/18 - The Far East

TheBrunswickian
Lazarus

First name: Jesse
Likes received: 590

:
Tier III
Progress to next tier:
4 / 14

Recently active