should i come out?

This is the place to discuss and get advice about things like coming out and relationships. Everyone is expected to be courteous here.

should i come out?

Unread postby foxliink » 5th June, 2018, 1:00 am

my parents are pretty religious and are against anything to do with the LGBTQ+ Community. i'm not sure if it's a good idea to come out to my parents any time soon. i'm afraid i'm going to get disowned, hurt, or kicked out of the house. if i come out and get kicked out of the house, i don't know what i'll do, i have no friends irl that i'm close enough to stay at their places. although, they're probably not going to kick out a helpless 14 year old, that would be a horrible thing to do in front of my younger brother. i'm trying to show them that the LGBTQ+ is not what they think it is, and that homosexuality is okay. my brother is somewhat helping me, he already knows and is pretty chill about it. is it the best idea to come out this summer or any time soon?
foxliink

Likes received: 1

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Re: should i come out?

Unread postby c70 » 5th June, 2018, 1:09 am

If your at any risk at all, the answer is an unfortunate no. Coming out isn't worth the risk from what you have described. I know its not easy to suppress feelings, and you just trying to be you. Your only 14, you have a ton of time to figure everything out and decide when the best time to come out is, but please dont put yourself at risk.
Look I finally got a profile picture :D
c70

First name: Thomas
Likes received: 22

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Team: Odd Squad

Unread postby TheBrunswickian » 5th June, 2018, 1:59 am

if you don't feel safe, then don't do it. only do it if you're comfortable, ready and safe
House Cup 2016 - Team Westeros
House Cup 2017 - Team Lion King
Year Cup 2017/18 - The Far East

TheBrunswickian
Lazarus

First name: Jesse
Likes received: 590

:
Tier III
Progress to next tier:
4 / 14

Unread postby Woollyhoolly » 6th June, 2018, 5:14 pm

Eventhough coming out may give you peace of mind, that's worth nothing if you've been kicked out of the house with nowhere to go. Being a queer messed up kid with nowhere to go will attract a bad crowd.
Made you look

Trudeau's my daddy
Woollyhoolly
Classy

First name: Tim
Likes received: 156

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
2 / 7

Unread postby Deither » 7th June, 2018, 3:32 pm

Don't, the closet is such a cozy place !

ImageImage

The only two time official winner of GTF's Powertop award
Deither
Knope's Ben Wyatt

Likes received: 47

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Team: Cheer Team

Unread postby fivetangent » 7th June, 2018, 11:56 pm

In my opinion, i don't think you should come out yet. Altough coming out might make you feel better about yourself, you're putting yourself at risk at the same time if you think your parents migh kick you out, so i think you should play safe there.
Just take your time and do it whenever you feel ready, maybe when you are able to get out of your parent's house and live on your own without depending on them... or just don't come out, it's not like every gay person has to tell everyone that he is gay, look at me for example, I live with my mother which fully supports the LGBT community, i have a family member who is gay and basically all of my friends are super chill with having a gay friend and are very open minded, but i don't want to come out to them because i don't really feel the need to do so.
fivetangent

Likes received: 1

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
1 / 7

Unread postby drewboyy » 29th June, 2018, 8:35 pm

I don't think teenagers should ever really give themselves a label just yet. For ex. what if you come out and a bunch of girls who are into you suddenly aren't into you anymore because you are a lost hope to them. Then if you realize you don't have feelings for men, you are kinda screwed.
drewboyy

First name: Drew

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
2 / 7

Unread postby devedani » 1st July, 2018, 4:11 pm

Honestly, agreeing with others the risk isn't worth it. But i'm gonna say the opposite. Mention the LGBT+ Community generally, and watch their reactions. Depending on their reactions, come out. You're their child. I may have not been in any risk, but coming out is the best thing i could've ever done.
ig: ffsdani sc: bit.ly/vensnap vsco: https://vsco.co/venfae/images/1
devedani

First name: Dani
Likes received: 2

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
3 / 7

Recently active