I’m 15 and my bf is 18

This is the place to discuss and get advice about things like coming out and relationships. Everyone is expected to be courteous here.

I’m 15 and my bf is 18

Unread postby HeyIHaveAQuestion » 13th January, 2018, 5:55 pm

So I’m sort of in a dilemma right now. Last year in my freshmen year of high school when I was 14 I met a junior. Currently we’re dating but the only problem is that he’s now 18 and I’m 15. My question is if that’s illegal. Is there any consequences to this, regarding sex? The farthest we’ve done is oral but nothing else. But I guess it’s not becoming an issue since he’s 18 and I’m 15. Any advice?
HeyIHaveAQuestion

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Re: I’m 15 and my bf is 18

Unread postby Hierax » 13th January, 2018, 6:03 pm

There shouldn't be any consequences since you both love each other.
The police etc. will also look into the situation and not just plain facts.
You shouldn't worry.
ImageImage
Hierax
Flazéda

Likes received: 372

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier III
Progress to next tier:
8 / 14

Team: Cheer Team

Unread postby Woollyhoolly » 13th January, 2018, 7:25 pm

you defo shouldn't have to worry about any reprecussions.

Where do you live tho?
Made you look

Trudeau's my daddy
Woollyhoolly
Classy

First name: Tim
Likes received: 156

:
Tier III
Progress to next tier:
12 / 14

Unread postby Dolly » 13th January, 2018, 8:27 pm

It depends on which country or state [if you're in the US] you live in. Usually, the youngest an adult can sleep with a minor at is 16, so he would still be breaking the law. Tbh it wouldn't be worth having sex with him unless you know it's legal where you live because it'd be unfortunate if you two were caught. Sending/receiving nudes is illegal no matter what state you're in.

I know this isn't the question your asking, but an 18-year-old dating a 15-year-old seems weird tbh. I'm 18 now and it would feel creepy to date a 15-year-old. You don't even meet the "half his age + 7" rule, which means the youngest he could date without it being odd would be 16. Be careful and safe. :heart:
Dolly
hotty & country singer

Likes received: 845

:
Tier III
Progress to next tier:
11 / 14

Unread postby ItsMeJack » 14th January, 2018, 4:08 am

Normally this wouldn't really be a problem.
My father is 12 years older than my mother and it works perfectly for them.
As long as you love each other everything should be fine. :keke:
ItsMeJack

Likes received: 35

:
Tier II
Progress to next tier:
6 / 7

Unread postby Flower » 14th January, 2018, 2:49 pm

No. You're too young and open to manipulation. I'm not saying that he's manipulating you but even if he did, you wouldn't know. Sex with minors is an offense depending on where you live. In my country, having sex with somebody [even if (s)he's 17 years and 364 days old] is illegal. But I think the acceptable age gap is one year. Like 17-18 or 15-16.

I'm not saying anything but be careful. I had a friend and he just used her and break up with her. I recommend taking things slow. If he really loves you, he understands. If he's not, then he only wants to exploit you.

Better safe than sorry.
A star is a star, it doesn’t matter where in the sky I shine.
Flower

Likes received: 10

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby ireland » 17th January, 2018, 2:41 am

The legality aspect entirely relies on your location, so I would recommend that you research your local laws, and potentially also Romeo & Juliet exemptions, alongside cases of arrests in similar relationships. A 15 and an 18 year old to me does not seem like a big age gap, although you clearly are at different places in your life right now, so you're going to have to figure that out going forward. Make sure to be protected (in every way), stay safe, and ensure that you are not open to deception and manipulation, so do express caution.
ireland

First name: Connor
Likes received: 29

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Recently active