picking a college + wanting to be out = messed up mind

This is the place to discuss and get advice about things like coming out and relationships. Everyone is expected to be courteous here.

picking a college + wanting to be out = messed up mind

Unread postby Woollyhoolly » 4th September, 2017, 5:07 pm

Longish story shortish;

I'm dutch, and i'll be going to university in a year or so. However i'll have to make a choice in about 4 months. Which is freaking me out.
I'm already 100% sure i don't wanna stay in my country. I was thinking about going to Malaysia for a long time. Only problem is, Malaysia('s government atleast) isn't too keen on gays. And I am 100% sure I want to be out in college. I am not right now, and it's kinda frustrating.

Should I go to Malaysia? And live a relaxed live, with no money problems(govt loan/grant thingie), in a nice exotic country (regarding culture) and opportunities to travel throughout asia?

Or should I pick somewhere else because everyone would judge me and i would maybe not be happy?
Which country/uni though? Any ideas? ( I want to study biomedicine or something related to that, and in English, where you can survive off of ~900-950 EUR a month) :confused:
Made you look

Trudeau's my daddy
Woollyhoolly

First name: Tim
Likes received: 9

Team: The Far East

Re: picking a college + wanting to be out = messed up mind

Unread postby Pity » 4th September, 2017, 6:36 pm

I would scratch off Malaysia right off the bat if you are planning on being out in college. I would go to somewhere in Western Europe because you will probably receive a better education and it is likely simpler financially and culturally. Perhaps Britain or Germany would be a good place to start.
Pity
hotty & disgraced member

First name: Marcus
Likes received: 492

Team: The Wild West

Re: picking a college + wanting to be out = messed up mind

Unread postby Ganymede » 9th September, 2017, 1:15 am

You can pretty much get a palace here in Mexico for that kind of money :o
We've got the inexpensive, exotic, and culturally diverse aspects you need, comfortably close to USA, and with a lot of options such as the ITESM, bring those blue papers over here Mr.!
"Look on my works, ye mighty and despair".
Ganymede
Prince of Princes

First name: Gonzalo
Likes received: 21

Team: The Far East

Recently active