Does anyone else feel like their acting even after they "came out?"

This is the place to discuss and get advice about things like coming out and relationships. Everyone is expected to be courteous here.

Does anyone else feel like their acting even after they "came out?"

Unread postby The-pink-crusader » 25th August, 2017, 7:08 am

I just felt like around certain people I still can't be "myself" even though I have told them everything, I feel like because things used to be a certain way changing ANYTHING will ruin everything. I can't explain why I just feel like I never have stability no matter what I do. It's just really confusing because I feel like sometimes I'm even acting as a character to myself I change myself when I talk to ANYONE, literally I don't know how I have so many personalities, I never feel like I want to do one thing. I feel like I have to do EVERYTHING or I just get... disinterested ... :lostpainting: :lostpainting:

Wow I need to stop using this website as a makeshift therapist... sorry

SCREW IT I'M POSTING IT ANYWAY!!!!!!!!! :facepalm2:
The-pink-crusader

Likes received: 3

Re: Does anyone else feel like their acting even after they "came out?

Unread postby KrisCross » 25th August, 2017, 7:23 am

How long ago did you come out? Feeling a bit uneasy in the beginning is normal, things will get more comfortable after some time.

Adapting yourself to the person you're having a conversation with is also something most people do, different personalities require different approaches, it doesn't make you 'less true' to yourself.
KrisCross
Senior Moderator

Likes received: 226

Unread postby c70 » 25th August, 2017, 7:45 pm

When I came out to my friends, I, nor they expected anything to change between me and them. It was just another piece of infromation that they knew about me. Just do what feels right. Don't try to act like someone you arnt. Be comfortable being you.
Look I finally got a profile picture :D
c70

First name: Thomas
Likes received: 15

Unread postby Pity » 25th August, 2017, 7:46 pm

c70 wrote:When I came out to my friends, I, nor they expected anything to change between me and them. It was just another piece of infromation that they knew about me. Just do what feels right. Don't try to act like someone you arnt. Be comfortable being you.

I thought I had posted on this thread earlier, but I guess it didn't go through. This basically sums up my thoughts!
Pity
hotty & disgraced member

First name: Marcus
Likes received: 476

Recently active