How should I handle this situation

This is the place to discuss and get advice about things like coming out and relationships. Everyone is expected to be courteous here.

How should I handle this situation

Unread postby M4DNESS » 3rd August, 2017, 11:30 am

Alright, just before we begin guys, it's love related. If you think you could offer me some insight I would be forever grateful.

So what do I need help with? Well I need help with judging this situation and I need your perspective on the matter. I would also like some advice on how to handle this and what to do next. This guy is somewhat of an extroverted introvert, this is important to remember. I urge you guys to read through everything because it might seem obvious but I just have to know. Without further ado let me begin.

Story time
[Reveal] Spoiler:
A few days ago (more like a bit over a week ago) I started talking to this guy who's on a vacation over here in Sweden. We met up the same day we started talking through this sinful app, didn't do anything sexual. This person is quite intelligent for his age and again kind of an extroverted introvert. We began by just sitting on my bed infront of my TV playing video games for about an hour but in the meanwhile he was being touchy (not in a sexual way, more playful) and he started wanting to cuddle and stuff which we did but I didnt think too much of it. He then out of the blue started to kiss me and we both enjoyed it. We started talking about philosophy, life after death and deep stuff like that.

Anyway, we went out later that night walking around my neighbourhood sitting on a swing and kept talking. I mentioned that I loved digital design and he told me that I would enjoy working for his company but that he unfortunately doesn't date his workers. This caught me off guard because I had no idea why he would mention that. Then the time came when I had to walk him back home and he mentioned that I made him feel safe while I was pushing him on that swing and that he had never felt anything like that before. He also randomly stopped sometimes, took my hands and started to kiss me again and again. 

Now all of this happened during day 1. Fast forward about 3 days, I had him over several times, we kissed etc etc, we never had sex. Then came a time when we went out to eat, I had a bit too much to drink and he was sober. What I remember, he told me once while I was drunk that he was always waiting for me to randomly hold his hand and to kiss him etc. I think he was a bit concerned as to why I would always curl into a ball or whatever whenever we hung out at my place. I told him that I love doing all of these romantic stuff with him but that I always was a bit shy and that he shouldn't worry about me not liking him. So he kissed me goodbye and yadda yadda yadda. 

He always used to tell me that he wanted to spend time with me rather than his friends he is visiting over here. Again keep in mind that he is kind of a extroverted introvert. He likes being alone and find a lot of people annoying. I feel like he is this smart person who thinks a lot but doesn't say too much or doesn't mind taking part in conversations but would rather not. So fastforward another 2 days, he gets sick and he doesn't want me to come over because he NEVER lets anyone see him sick or hear him puke etc. I tried to convince him for maybe 2 days that I didn't care about getting sick but then I just accepted it and said ok. He later texted me to come over and I did, we hung out for about two hours before he told me (nicely) that he needed me to leave because he physically couldn't vomit with anyone in the same building as him. He even drove out his roommate at point. He later texted me and said ''Sorry I asked you to leave, I enjoyed the visit and I tried to have you over. I still can't let you see me sick or anyone for that matter''. This was the last time I saw him which was last Sunday and he has been sick for about a week now. 

Anywaaayyy throughout this week of him being sick, I have noticed that he is a very very very dry texter. He literally replies in the most cryptic way or uninteresting way ever. He has said before ''I am boring person, I know'', that he knows that he is responding in a douchey way and that he doesn't know how to talk to new people. Now to the point, do you guys think he is still into me and am I letting his way of texting me get to me way too much. Am I worrying for no reason that he might not like me anymore? I don't know what to think and I am stressing my brains out. 

Thank you for ready guys <3
M4DNESS
Eric Saade Impersonator. I will be Popular.

First name: Alex
Likes received: 9

Re: How should I handle this situation

Unread postby Kaspar » 3rd August, 2017, 12:00 pm

I think that the guy is just closed and shy for that matter. He seemed interested before, and genuine things like that do not just change overnight. But ey, you know him better :) Let him know you care about him.
Proudly, the Captain of team Spirited Away
House Cup 2017

mattyk wrote:You are indeed all-round 100% certified awesome!

ImageImage
ImageImage
Kaspar
The Kind Moderator / Lochlan's cat enthusiast

First name: Kacper
Likes received: 329

Unread postby M4DNESS » 3rd August, 2017, 12:12 pm

Kaspar wrote:I think that the guy is just closed and shy for that matter. He seemed interested before, and genuine things like that do not just change overnight. But ey, you know him better :) Let him know you care about him.

You think so? Sometimes it feels like he doesn't even like me anymore for some reason but yeah in person he is amazing. I have been planning on asking him what he feels.
M4DNESS

Unread postby Kaspar » 3rd August, 2017, 12:16 pm

M4DNESS wrote:
Kaspar wrote:I think that the guy is just closed and shy for that matter. He seemed interested before, and genuine things like that do not just change overnight. But ey, you know him better :) Let him know you care about him.

You think so? Sometimes it feels like he doesn't even like me anymore for some reason but yeah in person he is amazing. I have been planning on asking him what he feels.

If in person he is cool and he looks not interested by texting, I wouldn't worry about it. Some people just can't talk properly when texting :rofl2: I have a friend who is super cool and kind, but when texting him he always seems irritated and dull. So, yeah, I think that it doesn't mean much (or at least not necessarily!) But go on and ask him about his feelings, you guys seem to hang out and be quite comfortable with each other so it shouldn't be a problem at all :)
House Cup 2017

ImageImage
ImageImage
Kaspar

Unread postby Pity » 3rd August, 2017, 12:31 pm

Like Kaspar said, do not worry too much about texting! There is a good chance that he could be tired or not in a good mood to text given that you said he was sick or he could just be a bad texter. However, there is still the possibility that he could be upset or may not feel loved because you do not do spontaneous romantic gestures. He seems to be putting in a good amount of effort if he is kissing you, cuddling, holding your hand, et cetera, so you should try to reciprocate next time you two meet up and are healthy (making out while nauseous seems gross lmao). You seem lucky to have found a nice guy! I hope everything goes well. :) :heart:
Pity
hotty & disgraced member

First name: Marcus
Likes received: 475

Unread postby M4DNESS » 3rd August, 2017, 12:33 pm

Kaspar wrote:
M4DNESS wrote:

If in person he is cool and he looks not interested by texting, I wouldn't worry about it. Some people just can't talk properly when texting :rofl2: I have a friend who is super cool and kind, but when texting him he always seems irritated and dull. So, yeah, I think that it doesn't mean much (or at least not necessarily!) But go on and ask him about his feelings, you guys seem to hang out and be quite comfortable with each other so it shouldn't be a problem at all :)

Yeah, I am just very afraid of being rejected but I am preparing myself for the worst. That's why a part of my heart is protected because I don't dare giving anyone my all at once anymore. I have been burned so many times.
M4DNESS

Unread postby M4DNESS » 3rd August, 2017, 12:36 pm

Pity wrote:Like Kaspar said, do not worry too much about texting! There is a good chance that he could be tired or not in a good mood to text given that you said he was sick or he could just be a bad texter. However, there is still the possibility that he could be upset or may not feel loved because you do not do spontaneous romantic gestures. He seems to be putting in a good amount of effort if he is kissing you, cuddling, holding your hand, et cetera, so you should try to reciprocate next time you two meet up and are healthy (making out while nauseous seems gross lmao). You seem lucky to have found a nice guy! I hope everything goes well. :) :heart:

See the thing is, I started to do all of these random things after he told me but he is teasing me by rejecting me (is what he said) ofc he doesnt reject me all the time but you get it, in a playful way I guess. I am just so nervous about fucking this up.
M4DNESS

Unread postby Kaspar » 3rd August, 2017, 12:36 pm

M4DNESS wrote:
Kaspar wrote:
M4DNESS wrote:

Yeah, I am just very afraid of being rejected but I am preparing myself for the worst. That's why a part of my heart is protected because I don't dare giving anyone my all at once anymore. I have been burned so many times.

Good, you shouldn't give it all at once :P But at the same time don't hesitate to try or don't automatically predict the worst! :)
House Cup 2017

ImageImage
ImageImage
Kaspar

Unread postby Pity » 3rd August, 2017, 12:37 pm

M4DNESS wrote:See the thing is, I started to do all of these random things after he told me but he is teasing me by rejecting me (is what he said) ofc he doesnt reject me all the time but you get it, in a playful way I guess. I am just so nervous about fucking this up.

If he's teasing you, it means he likes you. :P Play along. :david:
Pity
hotty & disgraced member

First name: Marcus
Likes received: 475

Unread postby Kaspar » 3rd August, 2017, 12:39 pm

Pity wrote:
M4DNESS wrote:See the thing is, I started to do all of these random things after he told me but he is teasing me by rejecting me (is what he said) ofc he doesnt reject me all the time but you get it, in a playful way I guess. I am just so nervous about fucking this up.

yeah, this this ^^^
House Cup 2017

ImageImage
ImageImage
Kaspar

Unread postby M4DNESS » 3rd August, 2017, 12:48 pm

Pity wrote:

Oh my, yeah. I feel like a fool for not doing it earlier. I wanna make the most of the time we have left together. Urgh, I am so stupid sometimes.
Kaspar wrote:
Pity wrote:

yeah, this this ^^^

Root for me. Pray for me sis.
M4DNESS

Unread postby c70 » 3rd August, 2017, 7:47 pm

I think he likes you. You may want to consider telling him how you feel. I agree with what everyone else said though. "If he's teasing you, it means he likes you. :P Play along"

Good luck :)
Look I finally got a profile picture :D
c70

First name: Thomas
Likes received: 15

Recently active