How the hell do gay teens date/get a date?

This is the place to discuss and get advice about things like coming out and relationships. Everyone is expected to be courteous here.

How the hell do gay teens date/get a date?

Unread postby literal_M » 13th March, 2017, 8:10 am

Hi everybody. I live in India where it is quite taboo to be considered gay, and in my school, I think I'm one of the very few progressive people who have actually come out as gay (albeit to only 4 of my closest friends. But hey, that's a start!), so there's literally nobody I know to be gay. Almost everybody in my grade has a girlfriend, and I want to be in a relationship too, not just to be "cool" or anything, but to actually be in a relationship. Now here's my problem: How can I go out with someone if I don't know whether they're gay or not? If I do go up and ask them, there's a high chance they'll lie, so what do I do? And if, by some miracle, I do find someone appropriate, what's next?
literal_M

Re: How the hell do gay teens date/get a date?

Unread postby AquaIce » 13th March, 2017, 11:22 am

Hi,
I am pretty much in the same situation, the differnece is that I want to date my best friend and I am like researching whether he likes me or not, but that doesnt mather.
There is actually no easy way to find out whether someone is homosexual. And yeah you are deffinetely right, even if they are, they will almost 100% lie to you so you dont juge them or something(it is the same with me). The only way is probably be in a really close friendship(like I am) with the guy you like and see if there is something that maight show you their feelings. I know I am probably not of help since I am in the same situation and I aswell try to find the answer to this question but I think you should try this out: be close to them and see whether they are to you. Good luck budy!
AquaIce

First name: Dani

Unread postby Dolly » 13th March, 2017, 12:52 pm

First of all, congratulations for coming out and being open with people, especially since you're in a conservative country. Because your options are limited, I think you only have two options. One, online dating sites; these can be sketchy, but teen sites do exist. Second, could ask your friends if they know any other gay people.

By the way, if you want to introduce yourself to the forum, you can do so here. I hope it all works out :)
Dolly
hotty & country singer

Likes received: 531

Team: The Wild West

Unread postby Jaccob2001 » 13th March, 2017, 9:35 pm

Heya literal_M. :)

Dani and Pity's advice is good stuff. I tried to answer your questions from an optimistic perspective too. Hope it helps. Here goes:

literal_M wrote:How can I go out with someone if I don't know whether they're gay or not?

Well, technically the guy you wanna date doesn't have to be gay. They need to be interested in having a romantic relationship with you in particular.

literal_M wrote:If I do go up and ask them, there's a high chance they'll lie, so what do I do?

The lie could be their way of saying that they might not be comfortable with the idea of dating another guy at the moment. Some choices you could consider are trying to win the guy over or wait until he's ready to give dating a shot or perhaps even pursue another guy instead.

literal_M wrote:And if, by some miracle, I do find someone appropriate, what's next?

When this happens you'll have to discuss it with your partner. Think about what it is you need from them in the relationship, think about what they need from you in the relationship. Stuff like that.

Honestly though, it'll happen when it happens. Hang in there and don't give up until then okay. <3
Jaccob2001

First name: Jaccob
Likes received: 5

Unread postby literal_M » 14th March, 2017, 4:02 am

Thanks everybody, I'll definitely keep your advice in mind! :) :)
literal_M

Unread postby CaseyD » 19th March, 2017, 3:27 am

It's hard to answer to that situation. I usually meet guys at school or through friends. Also there is a large, nice gay section in the city where I live. There are underage nights at some of the clubs, cafes, or just talk to people you meet hanging out. If you are openly gay, someone will be interested and approach you I would think.
CaseyD

First name: Casey

Unread postby HjGranger » 20th March, 2017, 5:41 am

Tinder, Grindr, here, twitter. Those are the only mediums I've managed to get a date with.
ImageImageImageImageImage
HjGranger
Father Synthetic

First name: Dan
Likes received: 4

Recently active