The guide to your straight crush: Is he gay?

This is the place to discuss and get advice about things like coming out and relationships. Everyone is expected to be courteous here.

Re: The guide to your straight crush: Is he gay?

Unread postby hystericconfusion » 7th August, 2014, 6:17 pm

I actually went on this site to post a question of this topic and I'm so glad I found this! Brilliant post!
hystericconfusion

Unread postby smoothpotato » 13th September, 2014, 10:53 am

That was great :) I actually did exactly all those things with my crush and had the same thoughts and worries. I still haven't got to step 3 though :( The thing is, I know that he's bi too (he's open about it) but he hasn't responded to any of my hints of me liking him and he's actually pushing me away now. At first, after I'd told him about my sexuality, I wanted to give it time before I told him that I like him and I couldn't bear the thought of losing him as a friend. But now he barely even speaks to me. So, I'm torn. Do I tell him anyway since I've got nothing to lose now? Or do I just accept the 95% chance that he doesn't like me? Surely life's about having no regrets, right...?
ImageImage
smoothpotato

Likes received: 1

Unread postby MysteriousFox » 28th September, 2014, 5:28 pm

I'm into more femmy type guys so most of the time they're not straight, bulky straight guys aren't my thing.
MysteriousFox

Unread postby callisto89 » 6th February, 2015, 8:26 pm

Omg thank you, Eryx! :D
callisto89

Unread postby Mistriformystery » 7th April, 2015, 12:03 pm

I do agree with whoever said try to get over him although I am lacking in experience.
I myself have found a few methods work well for me, it's called a word trigger.
What you do is associate a particular word with that person, in my case "let there be fire" (cheesy I know please excuse it)
Then you relate something to that word such as either something that turns you off such as stepping in dog poo, or a specific action (in my case my blood boiling all the hormones out of my blood stopping the feeling)
Whenever you see him or her, utter or think the word and the action related to it and it should work providing you want it to.

^^^ the above works for me at the very least, please let me know whether or not it works for you guys as I may have just posted something pointless.

Cheers.
ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SMILE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mistriformystery

Unread postby Momentous » 7th April, 2015, 11:38 pm

I always assumed the gold standard was of knowing was

Do you have to ask? --> If yes, he's usually either straight or closeted AKA somewhat unattainable.
Momentous

Unread postby alucy0210 » 13th April, 2015, 2:26 am

This is great topic! Thanks.
alucy0210

Unread postby nadesou » 24th June, 2015, 11:07 pm

This is a good method,agree with this view"Get used to the new dynamic between you and this kid. Things aren't going to be the same, even if the changes are minimal. Get a feeling of how differently he treats you now that he knows you like cock, and that will tell you a lot about what your chances are."
nadesou

Unread postby Finch » 24th June, 2015, 11:36 pm

Haha, funny story on central Australia camp I found out that my straight crush was a manipulative little douche. He turned out to be bi but he thought he could balance multiple people on his plate single handedly-he was trying to keep his options open. Then in my mind I was like nope, he won't have me wrapped around his little finger anymore.. :) (okay I'm a little upset...) Oh well plenty of fish in the sea.
I finally found something to put here!

Finch
the mom friend

First name: Joseph
Likes received: 53

Team: How To Train Your Dragon

For post #This post was deleted by Dessy on 17th December, 2016, 4:55 pm.
Reason: spam

Unread postby Taco_Otaku237 » 18th July, 2017, 12:45 am

I came out to one of my close friends who i liked, andddd long story short he lead me on and threw me to the side as soon as he got bored of playing with my feelings. :p
Taco_Otaku237

First name: Ryan

Unread postby WOLFwag » 5th August, 2017, 5:07 pm

I have a crush on this guy, and I've had it for like, 2 years. He's so cute and funny and really, really smart, but he lies to me about his sexuality constantly. I know he is gay because I saw him looking at pictures of hot shirtless guys on his phone one day. He doesn't know I saw him then, but he also acts so gay all the time. He hugs guys constantly, walks in feminine patterns, wears stereotypically "gay" clothes, etc. I came out to him, and he was literally like: "Well, if ur gay, I hope ur gay for me". But I asked him out the other day, and he rejected me by saying he was straight. I'm so confused. If he is gay, why wouldn't he just reject me normally? And why does he insist he's straight despite his clear homosexuality?
WOLFwag

Team: Spirited Away

Previous

Recently active