The guide to your straight crush: Is he gay?

This is the place to discuss and get advice about things like coming out and relationships. Everyone is expected to be courteous here.

Re: The guide to your straight crush: Is he gay?

Unread postby Eryx » 2nd June, 2012, 7:52 pm

thelion96 wrote:Great post. Now here's how I fucked up on this in seventh grade:

Liked guy (small friend, jock) a lot. Super lots. Thought that small signs (eye contact, brief physical contact) meant he liked me. So I came out for the first time to two girls through text. I continued trying to flirt with this guy (Have glued eye contact with him when talking, always). Then finally I had come out to fucking 10 people, 7 girls and 3 guys. The guys were surprisingly okay with it. So through a long text conversation I came out to this guy. He goes wow. I say the dumbest shit of all time: "I thought you were too, so..." and he goes Nooooooooooo. Guy never talks to me and fucking tells everyone. Grades go to shit, lose all my close friends, swap right the fuck to Jesus school.

So yeah. I guess don't bother. Remembering that fiasco has really made me question being gay ever again. I mean I have insanely homophobic parents, so how the fuck am I going to really be gay later in life.

Sigh.
Chill out, the best part comes after school, and soon enough you won't have to give a fuck about what your parents think of your life. Just keep working on yourself ;)

Mr.Monkey wrote:The Heirophant's guide was better :oface:
It's unfair to compare me to him. He's way more insightful about this stuff than I am. Also, I didn't make this thread to be the best, I did it because I wanted to help our little community :)
Image
Working my way to full on happiness.
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Eryx
HUEHUAHUHAUHEUA
 
Posts: 6433
Likes received: 1
Joined: 12th July, 2009, 10:04 pm
Location: Ouro Preto, MG
Country: Brazil (br)

Re: The guide to your straight crush: Is he gay?

Unread postby awkwardhoodie » 15th December, 2012, 1:24 pm

Eryx wrote:1) I like my straight friend. What now?


What if he's not your friend? Or no one is quite sure his sexual orientation? ):
awkwardhoodie
Member
 
Posts: 69
Joined: 15th December, 2012, 2:58 am

Re: The guide to your straight crush: Is he gay?

Unread postby stalker m.d. » 15th December, 2012, 2:16 pm

awkwardhoodie wrote:
Eryx wrote:1) I like my straight friend. What now?


What if he's not your friend? Or no one is quite sure his sexual orientation? ):

exactly the point i wanted to make. for some reason most people on here (thats everyone in every such topic i have seen) directly assumes that if there is not enough 'evidence' or indications that someone is gay then the guy is straight.

at least thats the consensus.. on every single topic there will be someone to say "straight." as if everyone is straight unless proven otherwisse. its not like you can know what someones orientation is (especially not just by reading about said person on the net).. and i guess thats why most people dont want to jump to conclusions and are hesitant about saying someone is gay/bi/into guys but that doesnt mean they are straight

its not like gay/bi guys are a minority (at least thats what i hope) but even so i find the "straight[fucking period]" comments a bit irritating

or im just butthurt xD whatever the reason i felt like ranting, sorrey
User avatar
stalker m.d.
Member
 
Posts: 52
Joined: 3rd July, 2012, 10:01 am

Re: The guide to your straight crush: Is he gay?

Unread postby awkwardhoodie » 15th December, 2012, 2:26 pm

stalker m.d. wrote:
awkwardhoodie wrote:
Eryx wrote:1) I like my straight friend. What now?


What if he's not your friend? Or no one is quite sure his sexual orientation? ):

exactly the point i wanted to make. for some reason most people on here (thats everyone in every such topic i have seen) directly assumes that if there is not enough 'evidence' or indications that someone is gay then the guy is straight.

at least thats the consensus.. on every single topic there will be someone to say "straight." as if everyone is straight unless proven otherwisse. its not like you can know what someones orientation is (especially not just by reading about said person on the net).. and i guess thats why most people dont want to jump to conclusions and are hesitant about saying someone is gay/bi/into guys but that doesnt mean they are straight

its not like gay/bi guys are a minority (at least thats what i hope) but even so i find the "straight[fucking period]" comments a bit irritating

or im just butthurt xD whatever the reason i felt like ranting, sorrey


I get that you're ranting, but don't apologize for voicing your opinion. (:

I'm only slightly still confused about your reply though.
awkwardhoodie
Member
 
Posts: 69
Joined: 15th December, 2012, 2:58 am

Re: The guide to your straight crush: Is he gay?

Unread postby stalker m.d. » 15th December, 2012, 2:35 pm

awkwardhoodie wrote:
stalker m.d. wrote:
awkwardhoodie wrote:
Eryx wrote:1) I like my straight friend. What now?


What if he's not your friend? Or no one is quite sure his sexual orientation? ):

exactly the point i wanted to make. for some reason most people on here (thats everyone in every such topic i have seen) directly assumes that if there is not enough 'evidence' or indications that someone is gay then the guy is straight.

at least thats the consensus.. on every single topic there will be someone to say "straight." as if everyone is straight unless proven otherwisse. its not like you can know what someones orientation is (especially not just by reading about said person on the net).. and i guess thats why most people dont want to jump to conclusions and are hesitant about saying someone is gay/bi/into guys but that doesnt mean they are straight

its not like gay/bi guys are a minority (at least thats what i hope) but even so i find the "straight[fucking period]" comments a bit irritating

or im just butthurt xD whatever the reason i felt like ranting, sorrey


I get that you're ranting, but don't apologize for voicing your opinion. (:

I'm only slightly still confused about your reply though.

hmmm.. maybe i shouldnt have quoted you but shouldve just posted that xP
i guess you can just view it as a post irrelevent to what you said.. i may have misinterpreted what you said.. should i edit it out?
User avatar
stalker m.d.
Member
 
Posts: 52
Joined: 3rd July, 2012, 10:01 am

Re: The guide to your straight crush: Is he gay?

Unread postby awkwardhoodie » 15th December, 2012, 2:49 pm

stalker m.d. wrote:hmmm.. maybe i shouldnt have quoted you but shouldve just posted that xP
i guess you can just view it as a post irrelevent to what you said.. i may have misinterpreted what you said.. should i edit it out?


You don't have to, but I'm still lost. :D
Are you saying that you don't like people always assuming others' sexual orientations?
awkwardhoodie
Member
 
Posts: 69
Joined: 15th December, 2012, 2:58 am

Re: The guide to your straight crush: Is he gay?

Unread postby stalker m.d. » 15th December, 2012, 3:05 pm

Well, I was just thinking of posting that somewhere because I've been seeing a hell of a lot unjustified, one-word "straight" replies to such topics lately..
And, well, yeah, actually.. assumptions generally annoy me :shifty: So maybe that is what's getting to me..
User avatar
stalker m.d.
Member
 
Posts: 52
Joined: 3rd July, 2012, 10:01 am

Re: The guide to your straight crush: Is he gay?

Unread postby awkwardhoodie » 15th December, 2012, 3:07 pm

stalker m.d. wrote:Well, I was just thinking of posting that somewhere because I've been seeing a hell of a lot unjustified, one-word "straight" replies to such topics lately..
And, well, yeah, actually.. assumptions generally annoy me :shifty: So maybe that is what's getting to me..

Yeah, same. But in the world of homosexuality (at least from what I've been taught) you should always assume the guy is straight if you're not sure he's gay.
):
awkwardhoodie
Member
 
Posts: 69
Joined: 15th December, 2012, 2:58 am

Re: The guide to your straight crush: Is he gay?

Unread postby stalker m.d. » 15th December, 2012, 3:18 pm

awkwardhoodie wrote:Yeah, same. But in the world of homosexuality (at least from what I've been taught) you should always assume the guy is straight if you're not sure he's gay.
):

tell me about it.. i always get paranoid xD especially with my crush T_T
theres even this guy that is blatantly hitting on me (or not :shifty:) and mostly i just assume hes being immature-straight-guy-ish :P
User avatar
stalker m.d.
Member
 
Posts: 52
Joined: 3rd July, 2012, 10:01 am

Re: The guide to your straight crush: Is he gay?

Unread postby Eryx » 16th December, 2012, 10:27 am

awkwardhoodie wrote:
Eryx wrote:1) I like my straight friend. What now?
What if he's not your friend? Or no one is quite sure his sexual orientation? ):
Then that's definitely something you need to work on.

You have two options if that is the case:
1) If you know someone he knows and are comfortable with this person, you can ask them or go around the subject. Then just hope this person will be able to tell you something about your crush and help you get in him. :lol:

2) Make him your friend. In High School or at work, that's definitely what needs to be the first step for us, because it is indeed safer to assume everyone is just straight and not interested. If you have a class together, you can ask him for help in a project, or for his notebook, etc. If you know someone who knows him, ask this person to introduce you two. There are many ways to get there.
stalker m.d. wrote:exactly the point i wanted to make. for some reason most people on here (thats everyone in every such topic i have seen) directly assumes that if there is not enough 'evidence' or indications that someone is gay then the guy is straight.

at least thats the consensus.. on every single topic there will be someone to say "straight." as if everyone is straight unless proven otherwisse. its not like you can know what someones orientation is (especially not just by reading about said person on the net).. and i guess thats why most people dont want to jump to conclusions and are hesitant about saying someone is gay/bi/into guys but that doesnt mean they are straight

its not like gay/bi guys are a minority (at least thats what i hope) but even so i find the "straight[fucking period]" comments a bit irritating

or im just butthurt xD whatever the reason i felt like ranting, sorrey
Some people here, especially the ones that have been visiting for a while, just grew tired of replying to those kinds of threads. Many of them are too similar and many don't have "proof" enough. That's why some dudes just come and say "Straight." That doesn't mean they actually believe that 100% by generalizing, just that they can't be bothered to analyse it.

Also, yes. Most guys are straight, and that will always be fact, even if we get to that perfect world where no one hides their sexuality. That's why we always have to start at "Straight until proven otherwise". It's the safest way to approach this.
Image
Working my way to full on happiness.
ImageImageImageImage
User avatar
Eryx
HUEHUAHUHAUHEUA
 
Posts: 6433
Likes received: 1
Joined: 12th July, 2009, 10:04 pm
Location: Ouro Preto, MG
Country: Brazil (br)

Re: The guide to your straight crush: Is he gay?

Unread postby DMrunner » 2nd January, 2013, 7:07 pm

Oh thank god finally.

Many thanks dear sir.
User avatar
DMrunner
Sassy Russian Roulette Champion
 
Posts: 2034
Joined: 21st May, 2012, 11:28 pm
Location: Colorado
Country: United States (us)

Re: The guide to your straight crush: Is he gay?

Unread postby Granger » 2nd January, 2013, 7:36 pm

Title of his thread annoys me. A straight crush clearly isn't gay, otherwise he wouldn't be straight. Silly title.
ImageImageImageImageImage

everything can seem so golden one moment then turn to ashes the next
User avatar
Granger
Potterhead
 
Posts: 803
Joined: 15th August, 2011, 1:01 pm
Location: birmingham
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: The guide to your straight crush: Is he gay?

Unread postby AlexSetFree » 6th January, 2013, 3:15 am

I like to play a game called Hard to get, that what I do to my straight crushes. :naughty:

Also if you get to close to your straight crush he might friendzone you. That why giving him some space and play hard to get can help.
ok
AlexSetFree
New Member
 
Posts: 21
Joined: 1st January, 2013, 5:04 pm
Country: United States (us)

Re: The guide to your straight crush: Is he gay?

Unread postby XHENRYX09 » 10th January, 2013, 11:16 am

This dude deserves an award! :thumbsup: :rofl:
XHENRYX09
New Member
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 6th January, 2013, 3:01 pm
Country: United Kingdom (gb)

Re: The guide to your straight crush: Is he gay?

Unread postby iownall » 11th January, 2013, 10:32 pm

#4
Image
User avatar
iownall
Bennington Bottoms
 
Posts: 1441
Likes received: 1
Joined: 15th August, 2010, 5:58 am
Location: Wisconsin
Country: United States (us)

Re: The guide to your straight crush: Is he gay?

Unread postby Naikado » 20th January, 2013, 4:33 pm

I prefer the pessimistic route of "if you don't know, the odds are extremely good that he wouldn't be into you". Time and time again makes givin up easy. :P
potato

(feel free to PM me if you somehow feel the urge, I love people)
User avatar
Naikado
Member
 
Posts: 494
Joined: 20th January, 2013, 4:13 pm
Location: around Seattle, Washington
Country: United States (us)

Re: The guide to your straight crush: Is he gay?

Unread postby kaleb23dv » 25th February, 2013, 6:39 pm

First this is some great advice....i wish i could have read it last fall when I made my move but thanks for the future forum goers.

One of my biggest things of advice I learned from mistakes. Keep in mind that sometimes the "signs" you see as flirting could be exaggerated desire for feeling to be mutual. So test the waters, see if he is comfortable with homosexuality in general.
User avatar
kaleb23dv
Member
 
Posts: 52
Joined: 27th July, 2012, 4:31 pm
Location: Grand Rapids
Country: United States (us)

Re: The guide to your straight crush: Is he gay?

Unread postby geeeomar » 2nd March, 2013, 2:40 am

My problem with this is that mine happened sort of the opposite. I wasn't out, we got close, he had a girlfriend, we spent literally everyday of summer together and we did all that cute stuff. Kissed, held hands, went out together, shopping, the fighting over nothing, the I love you more fights, etc. But we actually never talked about what we were doing. It wasn't until what we had ended horribly (obviously inevitable) was when I came out. Pretty stuffed up story but yeah.
geeeomar
New Member
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 27th February, 2013, 3:37 am
Country: Australia (au)

Re: The guide to your straight crush: Is he gay?

Unread postby cutetwinkboywade<3 » 18th March, 2013, 4:52 pm

Love this thread already :heart:
cutetwinkboywade<3
New Member
 
Posts: 21
Joined: 20th February, 2013, 3:47 pm
Country: United States (us)

Re: The guide to your straight crush: Is he gay?

Unread postby Ultranova » 23rd April, 2013, 12:53 am

AlexSetFree wrote:I like to play a game called Hard to get, that what I do to my straight crushes. :naughty:

Oh? I bet that just drives them crazy. :D
Me when I go places
Image
User avatar
Ultranova
Member
 
Posts: 127
Joined: 25th July, 2011, 5:03 pm

PreviousNext

Recently active
Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 7 guests