Poll: So who are you out to?

This is the place to discuss and get advice about things like coming out and relationships. Everyone is expected to be courteous here.

Who have you come out to?

Friends
39%
Family
3%
Friends and family
15%
No one
25%
Everyone!
18%

Total votes : 352

Re: Poll: So who are you out to?

Unread postby attey08_ » 25th December, 2016, 5:30 pm

I told my best friend but I'm not ready to tell anyone else cause I know if I tell the wrong person then it will travel round my year like wild fire and some people are knobheads.
attey08_

First name: Jack
Likes received: 1

Unread postby SassyPanda » 9th January, 2017, 8:39 pm

I guess I'll post my weird-ass coming out story here??? So like all 3 of my friends (sad ikr) are bi/lesbian/ace so I just kinda told them and they were like....yeah Chase ok???? Then I decided to tell me mum when we were on a trip to New Orleans (Imagine a very regretful tone now please) My family and I were driving down this long-ass highway and out of nowhere I just am like......u know what would be a good idea???? COMING OUT TO MY MOM THROUGH TEXT! (ikr I'm such an idiot) I tell my friends and they are like "No Chase, don't be an idiot" and then I send the text anyway. My mom just turns to me and stares. Then she replies with "I love you" We go eat dinner and it's super awkward bc the rest of my family is there so we cant talk. A few weeks later she just says "I dont think ur gay" Im just like "Well thats not up too u is it!?!" and we havent spoken since about it....I'm so paranoid about being alone with her now....
SassyPanda

First name: Chase

Unread postby Lightboy » 30th January, 2017, 2:39 pm

A few close friends like..9 max (I think, I don't remember :rofl2: )
Here's how it happen (interesting huh? :awesome: )

The first close friend I told was when I was in an emotional outbreak (Depressed from being bullied), I told her "I have to tell you something because I need you to know who I am, I'm bi" and she just hugged me like If she wasn't going to let go all.

The next friend I told was like right after the school recess bell rang, with my bestfriend that I told first, I came and whispered to here "Psst, I need to tell you a secret, ready ? I'm bi" She jumped in happiness because she just loved it. I wasn't worried to tell her because she always fought for LGBT rights when someone start talking trash about it.

The next friend I told here in PE class, I was (I think) in an emotional breakdown again and I was crying I think, she hugged me and I told here "The possible worst thing about living in this country is that I'm bi" and she just hugged me even more.

The 4th one is was in recess time when we were enjoying taking test son the internet like "Chakra tests" and stuff like that then we came upon the LGBT test, so I used it as my chance to come out to her (she loves me all the time as a friend so it didn't matter if I told her), I took the test with complete honesty and I let her see the results, she was happy and then told me "You should be careful not to come out to any one, most of the students in this school are homophobes"which she was right.

LATER ON, last summer-...no wait before that...last year's summer(2015) I was with my BFFs (guy and girl)from youth who came from other countries(they are two) and which I trust my life with them and they trust theirs with mine. We were silently watching the sun setting on the beach when I finally told them "Hey guys, I love you so I want you know me, I'm bi" They starred at me awkwardly for like 5 seconds then they smiled and responded "We felt it bro" and they hugged me (Very emotional after that).

Later on THIS LAST SUMMER, my schools organized a trip to Spain so I went with my 3 besties (all girls, yeah I have only 1 guy friend :awesome: ). I was in there room watching TV and just randomly, to all 3 "Hey I have to tell you something, I'm bi", they didn't respond for 1 min I thought they didn't listen so I said "did you hear me?" which to their response it was "Yeah we did, but who cared ? Being gay lasbian or bisexual is normal, it's not a shock Fady, we love you".

Yeah well that's it, hope you fell asleep while reading my boring coming out stories :D :D :D :D :D :D
Lightboy

First name: Fady

Unread postby lemonny3663 » 7th March, 2017, 2:21 am

I told both my parents and older sisters in 2015. I told my mum first near the start of year and then I told my dad during final exams near the end. Telling my sisters was way easier than telling my parents. Unfortunately, my mum didn't quite understand that you can't reverse being gay and kept suggesting that I go out with a girl to make sure. I think she's accepted it now though.
lemonny3663

First name: Liam

Unread postby freakism » 7th March, 2017, 7:30 am

All my friends/flatmates, my parents (I'm not sure if my sister knows, but I think she does) and although I've not come out my cousins follow me on most of my social media so I assume they know. The rest of my family I'm waiting to come out to when I actually have a proper relationship, just because I feel it'd be easier to introduce "my boyfriend" instead of actually having to do an explicit "I'm gay".
GTF House Cup 2016 - Team Middle Earth
freakism
Head tllt boy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

First name: Harry
Likes received: 129

Unread postby TheBrunswickian » 7th March, 2017, 7:53 am

freakism wrote:All my friends/flatmates, my parents (I'm not sure if my sister knows, but I think she does) and although I've not come out my cousins follow me on most of my social media so I assume they know. The rest of my family I'm waiting to come out to when I actually have a proper relationship, just because I feel it'd be easier to introduce "my boyfriend" instead of actually having to do an explicit "I'm gay".

I wanted to do the whole "my boyfriend" thing to make some kind of statement. Anyway, my mum told my cousin and everyone else was told
House Cup 2016 - Team Westeros
House Cup 2017 - Team Lion King

TheBrunswickian
Data Collector, Community Ambassador

First name: Jesse
Likes received: 345

Unread postby George » 7th March, 2017, 2:55 pm

EVERYONE KNOWS <3

was hard to hide tbh
Image Hi, I'm George. Never met Me before? Image
George
Diaper Rash

First name: George
Likes received: 106

Unread postby Vortex » 7th March, 2017, 6:41 pm

Anyone with eyes.
ImageImageImage

Ebsy wrote:Leave it to losers on Twitter to complain about being pandered to. You're supposed to complain when someone panders to others, not to you.
[4:46 AM] Saint Drogo: Also, you've got a strangely appealing asshole. I'll give you that much.
[6:03 AM] Pity: Omg... stop making me sound like a racist idiot
[4:51 AM] Scherzy: jerk off to clinton in the safety of your own bedroom luv
[2:56 PM] Saint Drogo: Literally let me use my cock as a paintbrush and my unborn children as paint.
Vortex
Saint Drogo's mistress.

First name: Da'Neil Boxley
Likes received: 263

Unread postby GeoMorrisons » 7th March, 2017, 7:30 pm

:gay:
I'm out to mum, and basically everyone who's heard of me at school (so just my year really). I came out to my mum recently; she didn't really care, like the vast majority of people in my school. Although, i initially only told a close group of friends before people spread it about, you know how rumours work.

So i've had a easy ride really, which is a good thing looking into the future, although other people obviously have different experiences, and our opinions are shaped by our experiences.
Hold me in this wild, wild world
'Cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
And in your heat I feel how cold it can get

GeoMorrisons

First name: George
Likes received: 5

Unread postby devotion » 13th April, 2017, 1:25 am

Everyone at school knows, or should have found out by now.

My mum's side of the family knows, but I want to stay closeted on my dad's side because I know very well that he is homophobic. I don't feel the need to tell him. My parents are divorced anyway, so I don't think I'll ever tell him.
devotion

First name: Shanie

Unread postby Jamesk » 13th April, 2017, 4:30 pm

Everyone :D

Popularite Season 4 - Proudly #TeamAdele
Jamesk
'Who's up for Truth or Dare...'

First name: Dimitris
Likes received: 43

Unread postby Dmitzi » 13th April, 2017, 9:22 pm

Everyone lately.
Honestly, I'd rather my family didn't know but I can't help that I outed myself now. They're reacting somewhat homophobically to it. I've had comments like "I don't think you're gay, I think you're just confused".
Dmitzi

Likes received: 35

Unread postby gaycanadian » 18th April, 2017, 8:03 pm

My mother, a friend who is like a mother, and 3 friends.
Gay ~ 15 ~ out to 5 ~ probably all for a little while.
gaycanadian

Unread postby CheeseSlice » 18th April, 2017, 10:57 pm

Friends, parents, church people
Dmitzi wrote:Everyone lately.
Honestly, I'd rather my family didn't know but I can't help that I outed myself now. They're reacting somewhat homophobically to it. I've had comments like "I don't think you're gay, I think you're just confused".

Same tho.
CheeseSlice

First name: Dan
Likes received: 8

Unread postby Adyuto » 19th April, 2017, 7:31 pm

Only to a few friends, my family would disown me if they found out, a majority of my friends wouldn't have a problem with it, but I in general like to keep the status quo
Adyuto

Likes received: 9

Unread postby byter11 » 21st April, 2017, 5:30 pm

Last edited by byter11 on 8th May, 2017, 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
byter11

Likes received: 15

Unread postby T33Bone » 22nd April, 2017, 11:26 am

I'm so deep in the closet I'm basically in Narnia.
[i]"Deadass on the field, deadass in my heart, Amen"[/i]

-Ethan on the meaning of life
[size=200]
T33Bone
Token Black Guy

First name: Isa
Likes received: 9

Unread postby Samppapa » 30th May, 2017, 1:40 pm

I'm out to couple of my best friends. I've also told to my mom but it seems that she didn't actually understand. :lol:
I'd really like to be out to everyone but I'm not brave enough and I haven't found the right moment yet. Perhaps someday. It's not so important at the moment.
Greetings from Finland!
Samppapa

First name: Samu

PostThis post was deleted by Cobalt on 10th July, 2017, 3:57 am.
Reason: spam

Unread postby Woollyhoolly » 6th September, 2017, 5:33 pm

I'm out to no-one, except you guys really

and all the dudes i messaged on grindr and craigslist meaningful dating apps
Made you look

Trudeau's my daddy
Woollyhoolly

First name: Tim
Likes received: 7

Previous

Recently active