Poll: So who are you out to?

This is the place to discuss and get advice about things like coming out and relationships. Everyone is expected to be courteous here.

Who have you come out to?

Friends
40%
Family
2%
Friends and family
15%
No one
25%
Everyone!
18%

Total votes : 321

Re: Poll: So who are you out to?

Unread postby okaytobedifferent » 3rd June, 2016, 8:56 pm

Everybody really but only very recently! :D
okaytobedifferent

First name: Jack

Unread postby Jacketh » 3rd June, 2016, 8:58 pm

okaytobedifferent wrote:Everybody really but only very recently! :D

Congrats! :hug:

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
Jacketh
Administrator

First name: Jack
Likes received: 381

Unread postby Sturgeon » 3rd June, 2016, 9:39 pm

I maybe took the route atypical from most gay teens, opting to tell my parents long before I told any friends. Presently, I've chosen to tell a select group of people directly, and it's sort of gotten out to others through cracks among my ranks (unfortunately). Though, to them I haven't confirmed it so it's just gossip without any solid backing (As far as they know. :awesome: )
Steam
Image Image Image
"A fully equipped duke costs as much to keep up as two Dreadnoughts, and dukes are just as great a terror— and they last longer" - David Lloyd George
Sturgeon
Day Tripper

First name: Sam
Likes received: 84

Unread postby NKB » 10th June, 2016, 3:39 pm

I came out to my family and close friends a few years ago, and I tell people when they ask or when it's relevant. But, I'm a quiet/private enough person that there are still lots of people at my school, even on my baseball team, who don't know or aren't sure.
NKB

First name: Nate

Unread postby PapiJavi » 16th June, 2016, 11:24 pm

About 3 years ago, I came out to all my friends in high school and at first it was really only them who knew. I knew that I couldn't tell anyone in my family yet, except my sister because I felt like she was the only who was closest to me and truly understood me. As time went on, I was able to strangers or people that I just met occasionally and just pop it in there casually. Other times, some people could tell, they questioned me about it or found out through other people. The only group I haven't told, with the exception of my sister, is my family because I know how badly they'll react so I stop myself everytime I get the urge to tell them because I know the outcome. Everyone tells me that they'll come around but it almost feels like the end of the world if I tell them. I just know that I'm not ready yet, but I believe once I'm living on my own, I'll be able to tell them.
PapiJavi

First name: Javier

Unread postby Zura » 23rd June, 2016, 6:59 pm

only my two closest friends
Thanks and Always Sincere,
Zura
Zura

Unread postby IDontKnowWhatToPut » 12th July, 2016, 1:31 am

I've always held the idea that I shouldn't ever have to "come out". That the only way to challenge the norm is to act like my sexuality is as much as a default as heterosexuality. Given this, I live by the principle of "ask me, I'll tell you".

My family have never asked me, so they don't know. But if the time comes where I do have a boyfriend, instead of saying "I'm bi", I'll just say "meet my new boyfriend".

The only people that have asked me are some of my friends, hence why it's only some of my friends that know.

"Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish"
IDontKnowWhatToPut

First name: Matthew

Unread postby CapsLock » 26th July, 2016, 8:56 am

I've only come out to two people. Only one of those two people i still talk to unfortunately. I decided on never 'Coming Out'. I don't really agree with the idea of the whole thing where we have to provide one extra detail about ourselves. I think that insignificant detail should be learn't over time by our friends, family etc. I'll just start bringing guys home with me and if someone raises an eyebrow, i will deal with the issue then i suppose.
CapsLock

First name: Ross
Likes received: 10

Team: How To Train Your Dragon

Unread postby ModernVampire » 27th July, 2016, 6:24 am

I really don't like this label thing, that you are this or that, gay or bi or trans or whatever. But I can't deny we're a minority, I mean I look around and most of the couples I see are straight. So I think for now I agree with coming out, and I'm actually out to three friends. I hope to tell some more friends before I come out to my parents and my brother, even though I know they'll be totally fine with it. :D
ModernVampire

First name: Henrique
Likes received: 13

Team: How To Train Your Dragon

Unread postby WontWakeUp » 27th July, 2016, 11:18 am

Like most people here have already said, I don't like the "coming out" stuff. I mean, the only person I "came out" to was my mom, and that was a trainwreck - but we are best friends now, more than ever, and she always supports me.
Then, I just tell people if they ask me. Other than that I don't like touching on that subject because it's so unecessary. I mean, you don't go to people and ask them "Are you heterosexual?" usually. I tend to tell people I'm gay when it comes to the conversation, and in the most natural way possible - I mean, it is natural, and this way I kinda get more positive reactions.
Example: "Oh, you got a new girlfriend? That's great! Now I am the only single one in our group. I really need a boyfriend, haha!" Stuff like that.
If the person reacts weirdly or starts to talk a little less to me, I get that they are not keepers in my friends list. :3
WontWakeUp

First name: Igor

Unread postby Mr. Blue » 28th July, 2016, 11:07 am

Originally, the plan was to not come out to anyone until at least college because I live in a rather conservative area where adults are vocal about anti-LGBT sentiments. However, one day my mom accidentally found a note I had written about a kid at school who I had the biggest crush on for three years. She asked me if I was gay, to which I said yes, but she just thought it was a trick to make everyone think that I was gay when I wasn't (I've done social experiments in the past without ever telling anyone, so it was a somewhat valid concern).

Since I accidentally outed myself, I figured I might as well just stop hiding now, so I came out to my closest friends. They were enormously supportive. The first day of school is right around the corner, and I think I'll start it off by wearing a shirt that says "Straight Out of the Closet." Is it an attention grab? Maybe. But in my defense, I'm the nerdy type that everyone assumes doesn't have a girlfriend because he can't get one, so I would really love to see the reactions when I come to school with that shirt.

TL;DR: Mom rejects it, friends accept it, coming out to classmates with a shirt (maybe)
No trees were harmed in the sending of this message. However, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Mr. Blue

First name: Ridley

Unread postby Goobriel » 28th July, 2016, 1:19 pm

Welp...no one now.
I was never here
Goobriel
elf making british toys

First name: John Doe
Likes received: 4

Unread postby XampleTheGreat » 15th August, 2016, 10:42 am

I'm out to my best friends. They don't really like it, because they can't say F. you to me without getting the response "When and where?"

I would like to come out to my family, but, every time i try, I end up switching subject

"Religious suffering is, at one and the same time, the expression of real suffering and a protest against real suffering. Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions.
It is the opium of the people."

- Karl Marx
XampleTheGreat
Formely MrBear

First name: Jay

Unread postby DrakoVongola1 » 15th August, 2016, 4:09 pm

Friends

Family can go to hell, which coincidentally is where they think I'm going :D
DrakoVongola1

Unread postby Kuksugaren » 23rd August, 2016, 10:23 pm

ModernVampire wrote:I really don't like this label thing, that you are this or that, gay or bi or trans or whatever. But I can't deny we're a minority, I mean I look around and most of the couples I see are straight. So I think for now I agree with coming out, and I'm actually out to three friends. I hope to tell some more friends before I come out to my parents and my brother, even though I know they'll be totally fine with it. :D

I really don't like this anti-label thing. Its extremely silly.
Kuksugaren

First name: Nils

Unread postby Kuksugaren » 23rd August, 2016, 10:32 pm

I'm "out" to my friends and family. They've never directly asked me. I'm like 80% sure that my family thinks I'm trans since they refer to me with feminine pronouns in a serious way. My friends and family know I've date guys ever since my first boyfriend.
Kuksugaren

First name: Nils

Unread postby Baeguette » 24th August, 2016, 3:19 am

I'm out to 4 people: 3 friends and a guy who liked me but used to say some really homophobic stuff, so I told him if hr wanted to be my friend he needed to shut up and he said he'd changed and hated his past self for saying those things, so I kinda came out (because it was pretty obvious already). I will probably come out to some more friends in the next few days.

I am not really planning on coming out to my family, just like my cousin didn't. One day, last summer, he came visit us with his "friend", and next thing we know, the other guy showed up for Christmas, so I'll probably do that.
Such a blunder sometimes it makes me wonder why I even bring the thunder.
Baeguette

First name: Miguel

Unread postby Alecniles » 3rd September, 2016, 11:45 pm

Im bi and im only out to my best friend, a pansexual, and a gay guy. I plan on telling others but im not sure how. Im also want to tell my parents but im pretty sure my dad would kick me out and my mom would support him.
Alecniles

First name: Alex

Unread postby Jedikiah » 20th December, 2016, 12:40 am

I just say it when anyone asks me lel
Sinceriously,
Jedikiah
Jedikiah

First name: Jed
Likes received: 11

Unread postby idktho » 24th December, 2016, 11:41 pm

Friends and family. I came out to one of my girl friend around 3 or 4 years ago and surprisingly she has no problem with it, but we never talk about it nor I ever gossiping about guy with her because I'm still in the "looking-for-yourself" phase.
And then around 2 years ago I came out to my two guy friends. One doesn't care at all but refused to go anywhere with me without any companion while the other one feels sorry for me and helping me getting back to straight (yeah I'm denial that time).
Last year I came out to my parents. The worst of all smh. When they asking it once again, ensuring it, I said that I was just joking. But soon after an incident my mother and my big brother knows for sure that I'm gay.

Not that much of a smooth journey.
For solitude is not the worst but stagnation
Crazy ; unable to go insane
Broken ; can't be shattered
Thus, the entwining vines are gone ...
idktho

Likes received: 7

PreviousNext

Recently active