I fear I'm slowly falling into a pit off anxiety and depression

All introductions go in here; established members are kindly asked to be as courteous as their minds allow them to be.

I fear I'm slowly falling into a pit off anxiety and depression

Unread postby DankDorito » 13th March, 2017, 2:15 pm

And I can't escape.

I came out gay (to my friends anyway) about 8 months ago and naturally the entire school found out quickly thereafter. There's this boy that I've liked since before I knew he was gay (he came out a year before me) I've liked him since year 9 would be pretty accurate so it's a little over 2 years at this point. Anyway, I told some other guy who happened to also be gay who it was, since has was dying to know and I was naive at this point in time, and as you would expect it wasn't long before he himself knew that I did indeed like him. I mean he was cool about it and he said he was flattered so there's that, but it doesn't answer my question and leaves me wondering about his true feelings. I've almost all but accepted that he doesn't, but my brain just won't let it go. It doesn't help that I have major anxiety not just around him but just in general situations and to make my life better it seems we may be going to the same college. I fear that this will just string my hope and dreams on for longer and destroy me all the while.

Any help is appreciated, thank you
DankDorito

First name: Tom

Re: I fear I'm slowly falling into a pit off anxiety and depression

Unread postby George » 13th March, 2017, 3:23 pm

heyyy, welcome to GTF <3

Trust me, I know it hurts - straight crushes, or unreturned ones for that matter, suck. But, hey - you're young, you've got a whole life ahead of you, and I don't doubt you'll find someone. How many other teens do you think there are out there, just like yourself, who feel like you do? Things will get better, but it is going to take time.

Do stick around though - if you want to talk it our more, or simply get involved with the community, just stick around and chat ^^ you might find it helpeful :)
ImageImage

Hi, I'm George. I used to be Mestaris. Never met me before? Heres an idea.
George
Queen Peen of Barebackistan

First name: George
Likes received: 98

Unread postby Pity » 13th March, 2017, 4:01 pm

George's advice is great. It sucks that he did not give a clear answer, but that's life. He very well could be gay and just not have feelings for you or, more likely, he could be straight. Just try to let it go and see what happens in time :)
Pity
hotty & disgraced member

First name: Marcus
Likes received: 450

Team: How To Train Your Dragon

Unread postby Dmitzi » 13th March, 2017, 5:17 pm

Hi Tom!
Welcome to GTF!
I suffer from all of the problems you suffer from (depression and anxiety) and can really empathise, so if you ever need someone to speak to, I'm here for you.
I wouldn't get so worked up over one crush. I know it sounds really cliched, but: "there's plenty more fish in the sea".
It's perfectly possible he's gay and just isn't into you. It happens all the time. Being gay doesn't mean you're automatically attracted to ALL guys.
You should come onto chat. I think it would help you x
Dmitzi

Likes received: 35

Team: Lion King

Unread postby GeoMorrisons » 13th March, 2017, 6:30 pm

DankDorito wrote:And I can't escape.

I came out gay (to my friends anyway) about 8 months ago and naturally the entire school found out quickly thereafter. There's this boy that I've liked since before I knew he was gay (he came out a year before me) I've liked him since year 9 would be pretty accurate so it's a little over 2 years at this point. Anyway, I told some other guy who happened to also be gay who it was, since has was dying to know and I was naive at this point in time, and as you would expect it wasn't long before he himself knew that I did indeed like him. I mean he was cool about it and he said he was flattered so there's that, but it doesn't answer my question and leaves me wondering about his true feelings. I've almost all but accepted that he doesn't, but my brain just won't let it go. It doesn't help that I have major anxiety not just around him but just in general situations and to make my life better it seems we may be going to the same college. I fear that this will just string my hope and dreams on for longer and destroy me all the while.

Any help is appreciated, thank you

I relate to this so much, apart from the guy i liked being straight :/
i agree with what the other 2 above said though
Hold me in this wild, wild world
'Cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
And in your heat I feel how cold it can get

GeoMorrisons

First name: George
Likes received: 5

Unread postby DankDorito » 13th March, 2017, 6:50 pm

Thanks guys, does anyone know what chats are the best to go to?
DankDorito

First name: Tom

Unread postby Dmitzi » 13th March, 2017, 7:38 pm

DankDorito wrote:Thanks guys, does anyone know what chats are the best to go to?

There's a bar at the top of the site. Click "Chat Rooms" (between "Image Uploader" and "House Cup", then join "the General Assembly".
Dmitzi

Likes received: 35

Team: Lion King

Recently active