Your bookmarks
Your friends' posts
Your posts | Quotes
Welcome, CommonCrawl [Bot]!

It is currently 25th October, 2014, 9:23 am

Page 1 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Greetings, GTF'ers!...=D
Unread postPosted: 29th February, 2012, 3:14 pm 
I had kinda felt like I should post one of these, and then I was asked to do so. So... Here goes!

First off, I'm very protective of my privacy online, so I tend to remain a bit more anonymous than most. I will likely disclose more as I become more comfortable doing so. Now to fill out the standard form!

First name: Let's stick with Thaerin for now!...;)

Nickname(s)? "The Chosen One" -- okay, not really!...lol I have none.

Age: Let's just say college-aged. Probably paranoid, but...

Orientation: I don't like labels, because the don't suit me well. "Gay" is most accurate, but it seems to often be assumed to mean a lot of things that do not and have never applied to me. I tell people the only thing about me that is gay is my romantic/sexual attraction to other guys. Other than that, everyone considers me straight. For a while I was "out to everyone", and it was just a nuisance. I had to come out over and over because no one suspected anything. Then they were always shocked and confused. They said I'm too straight-acting to be gay, etc. Eventually I decided I'd keep my sex/romantic life on a need-to-know basis. I am a lot more than my sexual orientation and don't have a problem emphasizing the rest of me instead of worrying too much about being "out" to everyone.

Where you live: I'm currently in the southern US, but I travel extensively--mostly overseas.

What you do (job, schooling, etc.): school/travel

Dream job: Independently wealthy!...=D

Religion (or lack thereof): a very unique form of Christianity with notable existential characteristics.

Political philosophy: Pragmatic Realist -- I just made that up, but I tend not to fit labels here very well, either. In fact, I see much political labeling to be sort of like rooting for your favorite football team.

Interests and hobbies: I like saying that I'm an obsessive auto-didact! I.e., I read and study anything and everything. I try to learn significantly new things every day. I also enjoy finding novel ways to understand particular subjects. For example, I discovered this forum doing some research on the US 2012 elections. I also have a great deal of empathy and feel driven to help others whenever I can. Sometimes I think I'd make a good teacher, counselor, etc., but I tend to get bored with any one thing for too long. So most of my help comes about randomly when I feel inspired--as is the case with my stay here. I started the account instead of stopping at research because I thought I saw some opportunities to help others.

Drinking, drugs or sobriety?: I have some experience here, but I almost always prefer sobriety. I have no problem with such things as long as people don't let it get out of hand. I've known addicts, and it isn't pretty. They are also very hard to help...=\

Special talents: I play piano, some guitar. I'm also very capable when it comes to self-defense/fighting/whatever. I think it is important everyone be able to protect him-/herself.

Pet peeves: Willful ignorance and senseless conformity. I also have a profound dislike of anyone who actively hurts other people.

Personal hero: I have no idea. I'm inspired by most everyone I meet. I try to see something special and inspiring in all people.

Favourite real-life homosexual: Tom Cruise?...rofl! Nah, seriously, I dunno.

Favourite movies: Hmm... I like a LOT of movies! But I tend not to have a lot of favorites. I will like some very well for a while but then tire of them. Sometimes I will go to the theater several nights a week. I watch anything and everything. I like critiquing and analyzing film. The more I do that, the harder to pick favorites.

Favourite TV shows: Supernatural, Walking Dead, The River, Once Upon a Time, An Idiot Abroad, Modern Family, Raising Hope, probably a lot of others I'm forgetting.

Favourite music: A little of most everything. Not a fan of modern country. I like finding obscure music when I can. I often find new stuff on allmusic.com then listen to it for a while to see if I like it. I don't listen to the radio or music TV channels much, so I tend to not know what "the masses" are currently obsessed with.

Favourite books: I'm partial to non-fiction. Fiction has its value and place, certainly, but, as I said before, I like to extend my knowledge as broadly as possible. Understanding science, math, history, etc. usually strikes me as more important than finding out what happens to the lead character in Steven King's latest novel.

Favourite food: Thai, but I'm really starting to like Indian food!...=D

A quote to live by: I remember quotes very well in relevant contexts, but nothing comes to mind to put here now.

Also, of note, I type fast, think fast, and tend to multi-task when posting. As such, my posts are often long. But frankly I think most people exhibit a lack of thoughtfulness and consideration when they are excessively brief. That being said, some people don't have time/attention for such lengthy prose. If someone would like summarized versions of my advice, all he/she has to do is ask. I'll do my best to comply. No sense writing a book when a postcard will do, eh?...;)

Anyway, hope that'll do for now! I look forward to hopefully helping people here and perhaps revealing more personal information as I become comfortable with the possibility.

Thanks for reading, and nice to meet you!...=D

~t

Unread postPosted: 29th February, 2012, 3:18 pm 
Camel Toe
Hello

Unread postPosted: 29th February, 2012, 3:21 pm 
Pedantbear
Location: Binary coordinates 1001100 by 02 from galactic zero centre
Thoughtless wrote:
HELLO FAGGOT
FTFY

Unread postPosted: 29th February, 2012, 3:22 pm 
Camel Toe
Monologue wrote:
Thoughtless wrote:
HELLO FAGGOT
FTFY

I'm not worthy :bow:

Unread postPosted: 29th February, 2012, 3:30 pm 
welcome ! :3

Unread postPosted: 29th February, 2012, 3:32 pm 
Owner/Administrator
Hey Thaerin, welcome to the forum :)

Unread postPosted: 29th February, 2012, 3:52 pm 
Time-Slut
Well that's an intro and a half.

Welcome to the forum Thaerin! What was your favourite subject in high school?

Unread postPosted: 29th February, 2012, 5:27 pm 
Resident Architect
"I tell people the only thing about me that is gay is my romantic/sexual attraction to other guys."
Welcome fellow gay.

Unread postPosted: 29th February, 2012, 5:29 pm 
Welcome to the forum.

Unread postPosted: 29th February, 2012, 7:43 pm 
Dylan I'mCrien
I already have the most immense respect for this guy.

Welcome, Thaerin, and it seems as though you should stay as long as you feel inclined. :hug:

Unread postPosted: 29th February, 2012, 7:57 pm 
Welcome! :) You're actually really interesting to read about, nice to meet you! :lol: Hope you enjoy it on here.

Unread postPosted: 29th February, 2012, 8:29 pm 
Welcome :D I joined not too long ago, so Just thought I'd drop in and say hi :)

Unread postPosted: 29th February, 2012, 8:52 pm 
stay weird
hey

Unread postPosted: 29th February, 2012, 9:00 pm 
Hates Literally Everything
After seeing how much obvious effort you put into this, I am contemplating making my own introduction thread. It would be no where near as fantastic as yours of course.

Unread postPosted: 29th February, 2012, 9:58 pm 
thats one hell of an intro. welcome :)

Unread postPosted: 1st March, 2012, 12:04 am 
Chubby Bunny
Hello! :keke:

Unread postPosted: 1st March, 2012, 1:49 am 
Nice to meet ya, although I do find your writing to be a bit intimidating you seem to be a nice enough individual.

Unread postPosted: 1st March, 2012, 1:55 am 
Welcome to the forum, I'm Jordan. :)

Unread postPosted: 1st March, 2012, 3:54 am 
Hi welcome

Unread postPosted: 1st March, 2012, 3:54 am 
Robotnick2 wrote:
Well that's an intro and a half.

Welcome to the forum Thaerin! What was your favourite subject in high school?

I HATED high school! Psychology and Philosophy were my favorites, and the school taught neither! Junior year I read most everything Sigmund Freud ever wrote. I even found a rare copy of his infamous "Cocaine Papers"!...lol I tended to finish the class work in 10-15 minutes then do my own things--sleep, talk, or read...;)

Why do you ask?

~t

Page 1 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Time zone: America/New_York [ DST ]