Post your pro tips!

Feeling happy, sad or excited about something? Seen a great movie? Write about your day in these long-running threads.

Re: Post your pro tips!

Unread postby Mawd » 13th March, 2013, 2:01 am

Onions make you cry because they produce a gas that creates sulfuric acid when mixed with water. The closest source of water is often your eyes but you can mitigate that by leaving pools near your cutting board. You can always put your onions in the fridge before cutting since then the gas production rate will be reduced.
Mawd
Appearing to Disappear; Community Ambassador

First name: Max
Likes received: 111

Unread postby JoeZell » 14th March, 2013, 3:38 pm

Never kill a spider because then its spider empire will come and murder you in your sleep.

OT: Never underestimate the power of bicarbonate of soda for household tasks. You can use it for almost anything. I've cleaned most kitchen surfaces with it, used it to whiten clothes, used it to put out kitchen fires, and subsequently to clean the fire damage, used it to clean coffee stains from mugs, to remove food smells from tupperware and tons more.

http://www.thelosthaven.co.uk/BSoda.htm
http://www.care2.com/greenliving/51-fan ... -soda.html

Godly substance.
Even the mightiest elephant can slip.
JoeZell
The glass is owned collectively.

Unread postby Russell » 14th March, 2013, 5:18 pm

Bardock wrote:Don't Double Drop Pills
Just because you can't handle it :pfft:

kissingfire wrote:
Souza wrote:Eat.
If this is a Cassie quote/ reference then I love you.

OT:
-Always leave the Worcestershire sauce bottle slightly open so it ferments, it makes it taste 100x better.
-Put the milk in before the hot water when making coffee - the opposite it true for tea.
-Aloe Vera leaves are great for cuts or sunburns, as is teatree oil.
-Eucalyptus oil gets stickers off things really easily.
-If your drain smells, pour bicarb soda, then about 30 seconds after pour down some vinegar - removes blockages which cause the smell.
-When transit police come and you don't have a ticket, pretend to be a foreign exchange student who only just moved to the country and can't speak the language well.
-Never let the police tow your car when it gets impounded, offer to surrender it yourself, it saves about $120 :)
-Never try timtams on toast, it tastes terrible.
I'm not arrogant. I'm just better than you.
--------
Death is lighter than a feather; duty heavier than a mountain.
Russell
Heart of a Chilf, Soul of a Dragon

First name: Spaceman
Likes received: 23

Unread postby xyz72 » 14th March, 2013, 5:23 pm

Russell wrote:-When transit police come and you don't have a ticket, pretend to be a foreign exchange student who only just moved to the country and can't speak the language well.

In Germany you can pretend to have no money on you and to have forgotten your passport. They will ask for your name and address instead -> lie about name & address -> profit.
I chicken out too much to actually do it though... :lol:
xyz72
Interesting Person

Unread postby Falnior » 14th March, 2013, 7:04 pm

Have the guts to talk to new people. You might meet a new lifelong friend :)
ImageImageImage ImageImageImage ImageImageImage

Generally a lonely git. PLEASE PM ME :) . Can speak both English och Svenska.

(I felt that in light of everyone else also having "please PM me!" on their signatures, mine could be more forceful)
Falnior
The only Switaltralian

Unread postby Cody » 14th March, 2013, 7:43 pm

Russell wrote:
Bardock wrote:Don't Double Drop Pills
Just because you can't handle it :pfft:

That is a ridiculous unfounded assumption which is terribly incorrect..................

Cody
Certefoid Bogan

Unread postby Azshooter » 1st April, 2013, 5:13 am

-Two is one and one is none, always have a spare of important things if possible.
-ALWAYS trust your gut feeling.
-Straight guys are off limits, always.
-Even the best and most prepared plans will fail, be prepared.
-Always wear comfy shoes with socks.
ImageImageImage
Azshooter

Unread postby theblueq » 9th January, 2014, 5:19 pm

When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
“Now Go! I Need To Meditate. Or M@sturbate. Or Both.” –Trevor Phillips

Pm if you chat, I don't bite ok I do but I won't bite you
theblueq

Unread postby awesomeguy15 » 9th January, 2014, 5:32 pm

Live everyday as it were your last, after all you'll never live that exact day again so technically it will be your last (time you live that day)... You 've only got one shot in this life so make it count :idea:
I would go out tonight, but I haven't got a stitch to wear..
awesomeguy15

Unread postby Daz » 5th April, 2014, 4:32 pm

Azshooter wrote:-Two is one and one is none, always have a spare of important things if possible.

That phrase is basically my life in a nutshell. See also:

"Does anybody have [sellotape/scissors/plaster/pen/paper/torch] I can borro- of course you do. Thanks."

---

-If you put a small plastic cup with a little bit of water in while microwaving leftover takeaway pizza, it won't go chewy.
-Tesco/Asda/whatever dorito dips taste exactly the same as the branded ones which are three times the price. Save 2/3 of your money, or get 3* as much dip; the choice is yours.
ImageImage Image Image Image Image ImageImage

Need someone to talk to or fancy a chat? PM me :)
One is none. Two is one. Three are better.
Daz
Gay Batman

Likes received: 1

Unread postby Damiem » 5th April, 2014, 4:44 pm

Soulless wrote:Don't wank more than 10 times a day.

i wank about 3 times a day and wouldnt go further then 4
Damiem

For post #This post was deleted by Canadianborn on 15th May, 2015, 9:28 am.
Reason: advertising bump

Unread postby Ackee » 24th November, 2017, 6:27 am

I think that this information will be interesting for foreigners. I moved to the US at 18 yo, I went to college and decided to stay in this country. If you know, a work visa greatly limits opportunities. I can not just quit my job or stand up for my rights at work, because they can fire me and I will have to leave the country. This is very critical for me. I live in this country for many years, I found a boyfriend here and I have friends here. Now I'm trying to get US citizenship. I fill out my papers, and I also search for information on the Internet, for example form n-400 denied reasons. Also, through the Internet service you can check for free the correct filling of your documents. I hope that I will succeed in obtaining citizenship. I want to advise everyone to keep their papers in order. And don't be afraid to change your life for the better.
Ackee

First name: Jenson
Likes received: 2

Unread postby wolbre04 » 24th November, 2017, 1:01 pm

Yeah, the US is extremely stringent when it comes to citizenship, especially with the legislature and changes being pushed forward in many states. Keeping your documents in an organized and easily accessible manner will really help facilitate a smoother transition to full citizenship
wolbre04
Not the Serial Killer

First name: Brennan
Likes received: 84

Team: The Wild West

Unread postby Roulé 305 » 24th November, 2017, 4:06 pm

Pro education tips:

Learn how to organise your workload well before you go to uni/college because otherwise you will get more stressed than you should.

Be best friends with any teachers/lecturers in areas that you are very interested in. It doesn't matter how much of a prick they are - you need those contacts & recommendations.

Make sure you finish essays and projects to be submitted at least the day before the deadline. Internet submission senses fear, ppl go on early lunch breaks right at the moment you need to submit something to their office, etc etc.

Sitting at the back of lecture halls helps prevent ppl coughing on you and making you ill.

Learn how to cook some basic meals before going to college/uni because if you have to live off just pot noodle and baked beans you'll probably be miserable af.
Roulé 305
formerly TheNerdInABowTie

First name: Rory
Likes received: 34

Team: The Wild West

Previous

Recently active