"Game of Thrones" Discussion Thread

The place for your music, films, television shows, and all things pop culture.

Re: "Game of Thrones" Discussion Thread

Unread postby JonathanT88 » 27th June, 2016, 6:04 pm

I feel like this episode and the last were the producers way of apologizing for 5.8 series' worth of pain and grief. Everything in that episode was perfect, apart from perhaps the poor Tyrells though even that has its advantages with Olenna rocking it with Varys.

You've all seen the episode so I won't comment on too much but has anyone noticed how all the main characters are moving together, and so its starting to feel less all-over-the-place and much more central? Arya's working her way North, the Starks are reuniting, Daenerys is finally coming West, etc. I feel now more than ever that the show is working its way towards some kind of finale, almost certainly including the White Walkers after the main characters slowly die off until a few key players/groups are left.

Some other things I noticed from the episode:
Am I being stupid, or did Cersei admit to killing Robert for the first time in her "confession" to that nun? If so, literally all of the Westerosi chaos can be linked back to her.

Do you think Cersei expected Tommen to die? What with the prophecy, her reaction to his death, and the way in which she took the throne it seems to me like she knew he was going to die in the fallout but just didn't want to be responsible for killing him herself.

I'm assuming Varys heard about the Cersei plot from his little birds beforehand. Reminds me what an absolute legend he is and why I use him for my avatar.

Yet again Bran is an idiot. Why didn't he walk closer so he could hear them whispering? It's just unnecessary suspense at this point.

Notice Cersei unwittingly avenging Joffrey's death by killing Olenna's family.

Thoughts on Jon becoming King in the North instead of Sansa taking the position as Queen? I honestly thought she'd take the role and we'd have a War of the [x] Queens to contrast the masculine equivalent from the earlier days of the show.
Gudrun wrote:

"How many times have I told you? Homosexuality is only to be used for revolutionary purposes!"

Image ImageImage

ImageImageImage
JonathanT88
Horny Jonathan of the Homosexual Intifada

First name: Jonathan (duh.)
Likes received: 391

Unread postby Kris578 » 27th June, 2016, 6:37 pm

JonathanT88 wrote:I feel like this episode and the last were the producers way of apologizing for 5.8 series' worth of pain and grief. Everything in that episode was perfect, apart from perhaps the poor Tyrells though even that has its advantages with Olenna rocking it with Varys.

You've all seen the episode so I won't comment on too much but has anyone noticed how all the main characters are moving together, and so its starting to feel less all-over-the-place and much more central? Arya's working her way North, the Starks are reuniting, Daenerys is finally coming West, etc. I feel now more than ever that the show is working its way towards some kind of finale, almost certainly including the White Walkers after the main characters slowly die off until a few key players/groups are left.

Some other things I noticed from the episode:
Am I being stupid, or did Cersei admit to killing Robert for the first time in her "confession" to that nun? If so, literally all of the Westerosi chaos can be linked back to her.

Do you think Cersei expected Tommen to die? What with the prophecy, her reaction to his death, and the way in which she took the throne it seems to me like she knew he was going to die in the fallout but just didn't want to be responsible for killing him herself.

I'm assuming Varys heard about the Cersei plot from his little birds beforehand. Reminds me what an absolute legend he is and why I use him for my avatar.

Yet again Bran is an idiot. Why didn't he walk closer so he could hear them whispering? It's just unnecessary suspense at this point.

Notice Cersei unwittingly avenging Joffrey's death by killing Olenna's family.

Thoughts on Jon becoming King in the North instead of Sansa taking the position as Queen? I honestly thought she'd take the role and we'd have a War of the [x] Queens to contrast the masculine equivalent from the earlier days of the show.

For your first point Well yeah, with 2 seasons left, they're bound to move towards a more singular storyline involving the White Walkers. I think it's pretty safe to assume that Jon and Dany will make it through the entire remainder of the series. Pretty much anything could happen to everyone else. Dany's always been protected by plot armor and I doubt that they'll off her. Jon's already been offed once, would they really do it twice even if it'll be a more heroic sacrifice?

As for the others Can't remember, but wasn't it hinted at or even revealed earlier? I've somehow always known that it was indeed Cersei who killed Robert. Or rather it might have just become more apparent as I learned who Cersei really was. Damn, can't remember...

Cersei didn't really believe in the prophecy, at least not until recently. I wouldn't say that she expected him to die and most certainly didn't want him to. I do agree that she doesn't want to feel responsible for his death, and I'm sure she'll deny it. Though I kinda feel that she was so overjoyed (in her weird way) about the plan she so flawlessly pulled off, that Tommen's death was just an unfortunate outcome, but one she could most certainly live with. She's just lost so much of her humanity that I doubt there's really anything left.

It wouldn't be surprising if Varys knew about it, though wouldn't he have told Dany? Or maybe he's still investigating. Either way, he's amazing.

Oh nice little tidbit there, didn't notice that. Well at least she managed to avenge someone.

Sansa respects Jon and knows that Winterfell was mainly won back because of him and his efforts, so it seemed fitting. However, from her gaze to Littlefinger in the end and her and Jon's overall relationship about "trusting" each other, I'd say that she is feeling a little ungrateful. It was in fact her smart move to ask for Littlefinger's help and the inside information about Winterfell's status that helped them immensely. I can definitely see a more major conflict brew between the two. Sansa's becoming Littlefinger bit by bit.
"You know, it's true what they say about little boys: born with no natural inclination to share."
Kris578

Unread postby Circles » 27th June, 2016, 8:07 pm

Holy fuck.

I am completely lost for words.
ImageImageImageImageoooo
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Circles
Twinkerbell

First name: Marshall
Likes received: 55

Unread postby JonathanT88 » 27th June, 2016, 8:11 pm

Circles wrote:Holy fuck.

I am completely lost for words.

Told you so. :P
Gudrun wrote:

"How many times have I told you? Homosexuality is only to be used for revolutionary purposes!"

Image ImageImage

ImageImageImage
JonathanT88
Horny Jonathan of the Homosexual Intifada

First name: Jonathan (duh.)
Likes received: 391

Unread postby BrownjaminBen » 28th June, 2016, 6:39 am

Kris578 wrote:As for the others Can't remember, but wasn't it hinted at or even revealed earlier? I've somehow always known that it was indeed Cersei who killed Robert. Or rather it might have just become more apparent as I learned who Cersei really was. Damn, can't remember...

I think she admitted it ages ago when she was still screwing Lancel, she had him get Robert drunk on wine so when he tried to kill the boar he failed. There are definitely more surefire ways to kill someone but I think she's worked out how it's done now. :P
ImageImageImage
BrownjaminBen
Here For Your Bentertainment
Popularité Runner-Up

First name: Ben
Likes received: 11

Unread postby Arty » 28th June, 2016, 12:52 pm

The past two episodes have been so predictable, there was almost nothing that surprised me or too me aback.
Arty
Fialure

Likes received: 14

Unread postby Krists » 28th June, 2016, 1:03 pm

Yeah, of course we know that you predicted that Cersei will explode everyone with wildfire.

Krists
Mr Bob's Husband

Likes received: 9

Unread postby KrisCross » 28th June, 2016, 1:10 pm

Arty wrote:The past two episodes have been so predictable, there was almost nothing that surprised me or too me aback.

Cersei's plot was pretty much revealed when Qyburn told her the rumors were true. Not everything needs to be an unexpected plot twist to be good. You don't get bonus points for predicting what the show already told you.

Nevertheless, these last 2 episodes were pretty much the best this series has ever been. Some of the best of any series on tv really. The tension, the cinematography, soundtrack, just everything about them was so beautifully executed
KrisCross
Senior Moderator

Likes received: 224

Unread postby TheBrunswickian » 29th June, 2016, 5:47 am

Arty wrote:The past two episodes have been so predictable, there was almost nothing that surprised me or too me aback.

I knew it was coming, that shit was gonna get fucked up. Quite literally. But it still ends shivers down my spine every single time I rewatch it. Every time.

Also the R+L=J reveal... :tea: We've kinda known that was coming for years now
House Cup 2016 - Team Westeros
House Cup 2017 - Team Lion King

TheBrunswickian
Data Collector, Community Ambassador

First name: Jesse
Likes received: 338

Unread postby Jimjam » 29th June, 2016, 5:53 am

Lets all just take a moment to enjoy this masterful soundtrack from a beautifully shot scene.

Take a moment to think of just Flexibility, love, and trust.
Jimjam
Frail and effeminate

Likes received: 59

Unread postby TheBrunswickian » 29th June, 2016, 6:07 am

Jimjam wrote:Lets all just take a moment to enjoy this masterful soundtrack from a beautifully shot scene.

It's a piece of fucking art! I've been listening to it on repeat
House Cup 2016 - Team Westeros
House Cup 2017 - Team Lion King

TheBrunswickian
Data Collector, Community Ambassador

First name: Jesse
Likes received: 338

Unread postby MoonBear » 29th June, 2016, 7:23 am

TheBrunswickian wrote:
Jimjam wrote:Lets all just take a moment to enjoy this masterful soundtrack from a beautifully shot scene.

Sameeeeee
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage.ImageImageImageImage
MoonBear
Formerly Rct3swp/Space Beard

First name: Karim
Likes received: 17

Unread postby blake » 30th June, 2016, 8:34 am

TheBrunswickian wrote:

The whole season's soundtrack is stunning :wtc:
"Maester" is another beautiful one
Smile
Or not.. that's fine too
blake

Unread postby Callum » 30th June, 2016, 8:53 pm

Just finished watching the last episode. Now that Bran is about to cross over the wall and go to Winterfell (presumably), there is going to be a bit of a conundrum, because Jon Snow has been proclaimed King In The North when he doesn't in fact have the right to it, as we seen Jon Snow is in fact Rhaegar Targaryen and Leanna Stark's son. This leaves Bran as the sole surviving son of Ned Stark and the heir to House Stark itself. So it'd be good to see how that pans out.
Callum
We Could Be Heroes

First name: Callum

Unread postby Anonymous Boy » 3rd August, 2017, 8:33 am

*bump*

I love Ozzy Man's reviews so much.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Anonymous Boy
Owner/Administrator

First name: René
Likes received: 203

Unread postby byter11 » 3rd August, 2017, 11:51 am

That last episode ... Oh my God

Honestly, the only person I wanted to live in the entire series is dead now. RIP Olenna Tyrell, you were the true qween :heart:.

When they said it was all going to move quickly, they weren't lying. At this rate, we'll be at "18 years later" by the final episode of this season :D
byter11

Likes received: 15

Unread postby Kaspar » 3rd August, 2017, 12:20 pm

On a scale from The Night King to Daenerys Targaryen, how fucked up is your armies' tactical situation right now?
Proudly, the Captain of team Spirited Away
House Cup 2017

mattyk wrote:You are indeed all-round 100% certified awesome!

ImageImage
ImageImage
Kaspar
The Kind Moderator / Lochlan's cat enthusiast

First name: Kacper
Likes received: 329

Unread postby BucketTech » 3rd August, 2017, 3:17 pm

[Reveal] Spoiler: Don't open this or you'll get spoilers!
I really liked that episode, even though the true queen of Westeros died - you'll never die in our hearts, Olenna :heart: . It had two of the best scenes (Olenna's chat with Jamie and Cersei's revenge in the dungeons) but one of the worst with Bran and Sansa :noway: .
Although Olenna died, I'm so glad that she didn't die without having done anything this season. Perhaps her demise, and that little chat she had with Daenerys, will force Daenerys to unleash the dragons; plus, her talk with Jamie could possibly mark the beginning of Jamie realising that Cersei certainly doesn't deserve any 'finger in the bum' (as Euron so eloquently put it).
BucketTech
The Nun

First name: Tyler
Likes received: 21

Unread postby Jamesk » 3rd August, 2017, 5:53 pm

What an episode :P This season is progressing rather rapidly. Olenna RIP :heart: Your final speech was remarkable. Cersei is starting to resemble the Mad King. The punishment she imposed on Elaria Sand and her daughter was incredibly cruel, resembling terribly to what Aerys did to Rickard and Brandon Stark. I do get the vibe she's gonna die soon though. I'm not sure.

Popularite Season 4 - Proudly #TeamAdele
Jamesk
'Who's up for Truth or Dare...'

First name: Dimitris
Likes received: 40

Unread postby Kaspar » 3rd August, 2017, 6:29 pm

I found one thing interesting, when speaking with Dany, Olenna said that Tyrion is a clever man and that she outlived everyone, because she didn't listen to clever men. Funny thing is that the tactic Dany used with her armies was Tyrion's plan, which made Olenna go back to Highgarden. So she technically died... because she listened to the clever man. :)
Proudly, the Captain of team Spirited Away
House Cup 2017

mattyk wrote:You are indeed all-round 100% certified awesome!

ImageImage
ImageImage
Kaspar
The Kind Moderator / Lochlan's cat enthusiast

First name: Kacper
Likes received: 329

PreviousNext

Recently active