What things do you collect?

Off-topic posts go in here; this forum is only loosely moderated.

What things do you collect?

Unread postby byter11 » 11th August, 2017, 12:28 pm

What weird and wonderful things do you collect?

I'm a big fan of books, or anything book-related, so I've a growing collection of first editions threatening to take over the house. I'm at just over 400 books, with around 150 being first editions.

The book I'm happiest most to have found is Peter V. Brett's Messenger's Legacy - I'm a fan of the series and it was hard to find one decently priced.

I'm expecting some interesting responses, seeing as I already know of some GTFer's collectable love for ... ahem ... phallic-shaped objects :shifty:

No matter how big, small, normie or weird, tell GTF your secret hoarding love. Collections of GTFer nudes do not count (looking at you, JimJam)
byter11

Likes received: 15

Team: The Far East

Re: What things do you collect?

Unread postby Kaspar » 11th August, 2017, 1:18 pm

Other than collecting used underwear on my room's floor, I collect guitar picks :) Have quite a lot of different ones. I generally just steal them when possible.
Proudly, the Captain of team Spirited Away
House Cup 2017

mattyk wrote:You are indeed all-round 100% certified awesome!

ImageImage
ImageImage
Kaspar
The Kind Moderator / Lochlan's cat enthusiast

First name: Kacper
Likes received: 361

Unread postby Pity » 11th August, 2017, 1:26 pm

I have a small collection of rocks and fossils. It's nothing special to me, so my mom put them in a clear vase and uses it as a decoration. It is really pretty because I have a good few geodes, agate slices, fossils, and stones I generally find aesthetically pleasing. My favorite is a piece of fossilized honeycomb coral that I received as a Christmas gift.

I used to briefly collect antique and foreign coins (silver dollars, steel pennies, foreign currency, and Biblical coins), but my collection is basically scattered around different houses and storage. My favorite item is what's known as a "widow's mite," which is basically an ancient Greek coin that was in one of Jesus' stories in the New Testament.

I don't know if this counts, but I have a signed letter and portrait of President Obama (it could be auto-penned; who knows?). I would like to continue this "collection" with President Trump and those after him.
Pity
hotty & disgraced member

First name: Marcus
Likes received: 489

Team: The Wild West

Unread postby boiii » 11th August, 2017, 1:33 pm

Swords and daggers
Ideally I'd like to collect all kinds of historical swords and armour even in the future.
boiii
oh shit waddup

First name: Kamiel
Likes received: 199

Unread postby Pity » 11th August, 2017, 1:34 pm

I just remembered I also collected some poltical signage during the 2016 election. I have some from Bernie Sanders, Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton, Jill Stein, Gary Johnson, a Senator, and an independent candidate.
Pity
hotty & disgraced member

First name: Marcus
Likes received: 489

Unread postby byter11 » 11th August, 2017, 5:08 pm

You guys should post pics of your collections!

Kaspar, do you collect any specific guitar picks (bands you like, etc.), or any you can steal find?

Pity, you have very varied tastes :D If you ever want any British coins, hmu and I'll get you our fancy new coinage. How did you come across the Widow's Mite?

Kam, I'm not even surprised:
[Reveal] Spoiler:

You should speak to Jamie (Kessler), he wants to get a sword custom-made :blargh:
byter11

Unread postby Kessler10039 » 11th August, 2017, 6:13 pm

I have a few things, I have a few bits of military British military kit. Deactivated rifles and the like I also have a number of political and historical books.

A newly emerging thing for me though is time pieces I do like me a nice pocket watch

Oh and I forgot to add I have a thing for ties, cufflikns and lapel pins too]
Kessler10039

First name: Jamie

Unread postby beastie1 » 11th August, 2017, 7:04 pm

It's an odd little, my collection. I wouldn't even know if it could be called a collection but I feel as though it's worth mentioning.

What I have is a little notebook, bound in leather, and written inside is my collection. Beside each addition is the date and perhaps a small sentence to give context to why that phrase was spoken.

Most things don't get added to the notebook unless it's a secret or a point of reference. Basically, what a point of reference is phrase uttered by the person that could be gossip, slander, a lie, or just a misunderstanding -- anything I feel could be important or interesting in the future. I don't know how I got into doing this but I know that every secret anyone's ever told me has gone into it, no matter how small or big. It's actually been quite helpful in sorting out some messes my friends have gotten into by pointing out what they've told me and what the truth is in comparison (e.g. a person telling me they did not cheat on a friend, the truth being the opposite).

I'm not sure how weird it is but I guess I kind of collect secrets/
beastie1

Likes received: 11

Unread postby CelticSky » 11th August, 2017, 10:27 pm

I have an okay collection of coins. Stuff like old UK coins, Special UK coins (anniversary editions ect.) and foreign coins. i haven't anything really really special though. The oldest is a Canadian 1 cent from 1901 :P
I wanted to upload some pics of them but i found out my phone cannot take up-close pics :(

Also all these collections sound awesome! and its inspiring me tbh :keke:

If you're going through hell, keep going.
CelticSky

First name: Adam
Likes received: 18

Unread postby Gavin » 12th August, 2017, 4:41 pm

I have a collection of tamiya rc cars :) , wich i use to ride at parks and nature areas. Sadly i cant upload the picture but ill try to find a way sooner or later.
You guys have some very cool collections as well :keke: :keke:
*Look at the stars, look how they shine for you, and everything you do, Yea they were all yellow*
Gavin

First name: Gavin
Likes received: 29

Unread postby Hohenidoom » 12th August, 2017, 6:21 pm

boiii wrote:Swords and daggers
Ideally I'd like to collect all kinds of historical swords and armour even in the future.

I need rid of my collection
Fear God and Dread nought
Hohenidoom
dodgy 90s dance guy

Likes received: 49

Unread postby Vortex » 12th August, 2017, 8:01 pm

Foreign Currency :)

And b hole pics from twinks.
ImageImageImage

Ebsy wrote:Leave it to losers on Twitter to complain about being pandered to. You're supposed to complain when someone panders to others, not to you.
[4:46 AM] Saint Drogo: Also, you've got a strangely appealing asshole. I'll give you that much.
[6:03 AM] Pity: Omg... stop making me sound like a racist idiot
[4:51 AM] Scherzy: jerk off to clinton in the safety of your own bedroom luv
[2:56 PM] Saint Drogo: Literally let me use my cock as a paintbrush and my unborn children as paint.
Vortex
Saint Drogo's mistress.

First name: Da'Neil Boxley
Likes received: 268

Unread postby Squipel » 13th August, 2017, 6:05 am

Stamps and books! Who doesn't like books?!
Squipel
King of the Gingers

First name: James
Likes received: 17

Unread postby mrdanyy » 13th August, 2017, 7:33 am

byter11 wrote:What weird and wonderful things do you collect?

I'm a big fan of books, or anything book-related, so I've a growing collection of first editions threatening to take over the house. I'm at just over 400 books, with around 150 being first editions.

The book I'm happiest most to have found is Peter V. Brett's Messenger's Legacy - I'm a fan of the series and it was hard to find one decently priced.

I'm expecting some interesting responses, seeing as I already know of some GTFer's collectable love for ... ahem ... phallic-shaped objects :shifty:

No matter how big, small, normie or weird, tell GTF your secret hoarding love. Collections of GTFer nudes do not count (looking at you, JimJam)

Coins and some money notes.
My father has been collecting coins since he was 18-20, he stopped a few years later, but had a good bunch by then, which helped me start off. I started collecting coins when I was just 9. I lost count at 5,000 coins, last year. Coins from all parts of the world, from all age. I have coins dating back to the 15th and one even to the 14th century. To be honest, the coins that are older than 300 years, look just like a really bad mud sculpture made by a child. Some I bought, some I dug out, some were presents. I have a bill note 100 soviet roubles. My mum thinks I wouldn't notice if one was to be gone, cause as she said " These could make us hundreds of thousands [Dollars], but it's really not the money value that matters, it's just one of my few hobbies that keep me distracted from... erm... stuff.

Sorry if it was a long read, I'd gotten a bit enthusiastic with it xD :)
Dani K. K.
16, Bisexual. :)
mrdanyy

First name: Dani
Likes received: 7

Unread postby Peekaboo » 13th August, 2017, 11:50 am

Dust. my room is filthy :awesome:
Fear is a Fiction that limits Curiosity
Peekaboo

First name: Jakob
Likes received: 31

Unread postby byter11 » 15th August, 2017, 11:46 am

Peekaboo wrote:Dust. my room is filthy :awesome:

Typical :rolleyes:
byter11

Unread postby boiii » 26th August, 2017, 10:45 am

Hohenidoom wrote:
boiii wrote:Swords and daggers

I need rid of my collection

oh? :keke:
boiii
oh shit waddup

First name: Kamiel
Likes received: 199

Unread postby Wayde » 7th September, 2017, 8:00 pm

What weird thing do I collect? Oh gosh... y'all are going to judge me hardcore after admitting this, but I am a doll collector and photographer. Go ahead and freak out, because I've heard every possible reaction and don't give a damn what people think at this point :3 :rofl:
Wayde
A Witty User Titleā„¢

First name: Wayde
Likes received: 17

Unread postby jotopijo1 » 7th September, 2017, 9:18 pm

My thoughts...

More seriously, I used to collect Yugioh cards when I was little. I also used to bring home interesting pieces of wood, to an extent my parenta started calling me "golden retriever" whenever I picked a piece of wood up.

Now I mostly collect crafting materials, which I never end up using. They vary from paper, to cardboard, plastic and glass bottles, chopsticks...

Dum spiro spero!
jotopijo1

First name: Nik
Likes received: 2

Recently active