Your posts | Quotes
Welcome, CommonCrawl [Bot]!

It is currently 23rd March, 2017, 4:21 am

Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Unread postPosted: 13th February, 2017, 7:54 am 
Fialure

Likes received: 12

Stark wrote:
I'm currently doing my French A level and I'm fairly good with the language. I really want to learn Arabic over the next few years because I find the Middle East really interesting, it's employable af and Arab men. :eli:

When bae throws you off the rooftop :bow: :bow: :heart: :naughty:

OT: I managed to get myself on a French AS course by almost solely learning French through Duolingoo for a month, which apparently supplemented for my lack of 2 years of learning French. But after that I found Duolingo too basic and slow paced. I think the best way to learn a language once you know it at an intermediate level is to watch French shows with French subtitles or English shows with French Subtitles, it gets you accustomed to spoken French really well

1 from Pity

Unread postPosted: 13th February, 2017, 8:27 pm 
Yekaterina Petrovna Zamolodchikova

First name: Joe
Likes received: 98

Team: Westeros
Arty wrote:

Okay gulag boy :err:

Unread postPosted: 14th February, 2017, 12:55 pm 
Fialure

Likes received: 12

Stark wrote:
Arty wrote:

:rip: :rip: Because making fun of a tragedy that killed millions of people is acceptable when they're white

Unread postPosted: 15th February, 2017, 5:57 am 
Yekaterina Petrovna Zamolodchikova

First name: Joe
Likes received: 98

Team: Westeros
Arty wrote:
Stark wrote:
Arty wrote:

:rip: :rip: Because making fun of a tragedy that killed millions of people is acceptable when they're white

Wait, you're accusing me of being racist towards white people for joking about gulags when you've just joked about a practise that has killed large numbers of non-white gays?

:err:

Unread postPosted: 8th March, 2017, 8:49 pm 

First name: Ervin
I'm absolutely obsessed with languages and constantly switch from one to another. (Currently looking at Welsh) I even work on creating my own languages.

My best studied language is Esperanto (La lingvo internacia de Doktoro Zamenhof!), and I can type out German fairly ok.

Unread postPosted: 15th March, 2017, 12:43 pm 
hotty

First name: Danny
Likes received: 163

Team: Middle Earth
I'm learning about Spanish negative imperatives (commands) now and they are kind of confusing and weird to me.

How to make a verb a negative imperative:
1. Change to yo form: Comer > Como
2. Replace ending with the opposite tú form (ar: es, er/ir: as), so: como > comas
3. Add "No" to the front: No comas

So, you would say "No comas la manzana." to say "Don't eat the apple."

It gets even more confusing when irregulars are thrown in.

For example, "ir" means "to go," but the negative imperative would be "no vayas."
So, "Don't go to the house." would be "No vayas a la casa."

Unread postPosted: 18th March, 2017, 1:47 pm 
Saint Drogo's mistress.

First name: Da'Neil Boxley
Likes received: 138

Team: Coruscant
Yeah negative Spanish commands are pretty much just subjunctive.

On topic, though, I find that listening to music helped me a lot with Spanish and German.

Unread postPosted: 23rd March, 2017, 1:16 am 

First name: Davis
Likes received: 1

I am learning Japanese. I've had at least one lesson a week, every week since December. My Tutor is Ukrainian and my lessons are over Skype. My tutor says I am am understanding well and learning quickly. I have already memorized all 92 kana, but I am having so much trouble memorizing the kanji, which are the thousands of Chinese characters. I am also not memorizing words quickly.

I also joined a website today where people from all over the world can find people who speak a language they want to know and also want to learn their native language as well. I am looking for someone who speaks Japanese and is looking to learn English.

I have messaged 40 so far. The only two who have actually said more than one thing to me have very unfortunate names. One is a man named Akira, the other is a woman named Shiho, which is pronounced she hoe. It's sad... But really funny!

So I am hopefully going to be able to have "pen pals" who speak Japanese and can correct my mistakes when I am not having lessons with my tutor.

I think that the combination of a tutor and the "pen pals" is going to be amazing, but I haven't had a chance to speak to either of them for more than a second yet.

Speaking Japanese really isn't as hard as so many people believe it is. Reading and writing it however is MUCH more difficult than most people think it is. Japanese has three sets of characters. 46 hiragana, 46 katakana, and a few thousand kanji. They also don't use spaces. Sometimes kanji represent meanings that combine to make a new word that is related to them(now+sun/day=today), sometimes they represent sounds that make a new word with a meaning unrelated to their individual meanings(the character for long life makes the su sound + the character for control making the shi sound = sushi), sometimes the kanji are just random and the meanings of the characters and the sounds don't even add up, sometimes it is a combination. The particle "wa" indicates the topic, but "wa" is represented with the letter "ha" even though a letter "wa" actually exists. I could rant about it forever. Reading and writing in Japanese sucks.

Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Time zone: America/New_York [ DST ]

Recently active