New theme available for testing - update

Off-topic posts go in here; this forum is only loosely moderated.

Unread postby Jacketh » 22nd August, 2016, 9:38 pm

Reducing the distance between sub-forum and topic has made it look a lot nicer.

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
Jacketh
Administrator

First name: Jack
Likes received: 358

Re: New theme available for initial testing

Unread postby rxxli » 23rd August, 2016, 1:34 pm

For me things look a bit too crammed together now. Maybe I just got used to the space. In any case it's nothing major.
rxxli
The Defender of Europe

First name: Andrej
Likes received: 37

Unread postby George » 23rd August, 2016, 5:57 pm

Updates:
I miss having the ability to go to my profile with the click of a button. I cannot find it for the life of me on the new layout. I have to physically search for myself on the userlist atm and its kinda tedious. Idk if that can be fixed?

Also: Can we fix the "Quarto: we may put some text here"? I know its small but idk. Just irks me. Feels like I'm using just a demo.

Quarto seems to still have issues whereby images in spoilers arent resized, but the screen doesnt become larger, leaving cutoff. Not sure if thats fixable.
ImageImage

Hi, I'm George. I used to be Mestaris. Never met me before? Heres an idea.
George
Queen Peen of Barebackistan

First name: George
Likes received: 82

Unread postby Cobalt » 23rd August, 2016, 6:06 pm

George wrote:Updates:
I miss having the ability to go to my profile with the click of a button. I cannot find it for the life of me on the new layout. I have to physically search for myself on the userlist atm and its kinda tedious. Idk if that can be fixed?

Until this is remedied: Click the gear to go to your UCP, second tab is Profile, "View my public profile"
Cobalt
The Momderator

Likes received: 78

Unread postby Jacketh » 28th August, 2016, 5:51 am

Is it just the "PM glitch" stopping it from becoming the default right now? Everything else seems to be working fine and usable. If that is the only issue, could it not be remedied by taking it out and making a new icon that redirects to our inboxes? Or just having "Inbox" up near Home at the top or something.

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
Jacketh
Administrator

Unread postby Dessy » 28th October, 2016, 4:32 pm

Bumping this hoping we haven't completely forgot about this as I was talking to some new folks about the theme/look last night. Could really use an update.

(Unrelated note: I like the way the images look on this theme. It is natural-like instead of just sticking out to me)

ImageImage
ImageImage

ImageImageImage
Dessy
The Shady Moderator

First name: Des
Likes received: 247

Unread postby Dessy » 29th October, 2016, 9:59 am

Test 1

[Reveal] Spoiler: Test 2
Test 2

Test 3

Dessy wrote:(Unrelated note: I like the way the images look on this theme. It is natural-like instead of just sticking out to me)

[Reveal] Spoiler: Test 4

Dessy wrote:(Unrelated note: I like the way the images look on this theme. It is natural-like instead of just sticking out to me)

ImageImage
ImageImage

ImageImageImage
Dessy
The Shady Moderator

New theme available for testing - update

Unread postby Anonymous Boy » 4th December, 2016, 3:37 pm

I've just made the following changes; some of these also apply to AeroBlue and Serenity, but I figured I'd list them all here in one place for now:

• You can now +1 posts, which is similar to liking posts/comments on Facebook.

+1s are displayed underneath posts, and they add up to create a kind of karma value which is displayed next to your posts and in your profile.

I used AJAX so that it should work very smoothly, without any page reloads needed.

Give it a try :D

On Quarto, you'll want to click the thumbs-up icon.
  • You can now jump to the first unread post in a thread by clicking the large Image icon to its left in indexes and search results.

(This will also work in other themes.)
  • Like in the other themes, a festive icon is now shown next to your posts and in your profile when it's your birthday.
  • I've got rid of the ages that used to be displayed on the birthday list on the home page, since GTF's 13-year history means that many of the ages displayed were for people who are now above the age limit and who are no longer posting, which may have given potential new members the mistaken impression that the average active GTFer is quite old :P
  • YouTube videos are now embedded in a responsive way, so they should appear perfectly on all screen sizes, including on phones.
  • Miscellaneous bug fixes and other improvements

As always, please let me know if anything isn't working properly.

We're not far off from rolling Quarto out as the default theme now. :keke: Sorry it's taken so long!!

You may also be interested to read this announcement about the new server we're switching to tomorrow.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Anonymous Boy
Owner/Administrator

First name: René
Likes received: 158

Re: New theme available for testing - update

Unread postby Anonymous Boy » 4th December, 2016, 3:37 pm

George wrote:Updates:

The whole welcome box with the link to your profile in AeroBlue and Serenity was my own creation; unfortunately, I'm still looking for a nice way to integrate that functionality in Quarto. I agree it is annoying not to have it.

George wrote:Also: Can we fix the "Quarto: we may put some text here"? I know its small but idk. Just irks me. Feels like I'm using just a demo.

Well, you kinda are. :P I've deleted it for now, though!

George wrote:Quarto seems to still have issues whereby images in spoilers arent resized, but the screen doesnt become larger, leaving cutoff. Not sure if thats fixable.

I have not been able to fix this in spoiler= spoilers yet, but it should at least work in regular spoilers:

Anonymous Boy
Owner/Administrator

Unread postby Jacketh » 4th December, 2016, 5:37 pm

Yay :applause:

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
Jacketh
Administrator

Unread postby Oigo » 7th December, 2016, 9:26 pm

if yall had instituted post likes 7 years ago I would have more likes than anyone else combined so *******
hellojwt wrote:he fiber poibts of ssarcasm wit and irony are wasted on your single brain cellt
Oigo
Really nigga?

Likes received: 22

Unread postby Anonymous Boy » 25th December, 2016, 7:37 pm

• Are you interested in making a new logo for GTF to go with the new theme? Check out the logo design competition here!
  • Tidied up the team page (this may not show up the way it's supposed to until your browser refreshes the stylesheet)
  • Added username filter to the memberlist page so you can easily search for people by just typing in the first few characters of their names
  • Miscellaneous bug fixes and other improvements

Sidenotes:
  • You can vote whether you prefer +1s or likes here.
  • The Image Uploader now provides a nice copyable list of [img] tags when you upload multiple files at once.
  • The Image Uploader now allows larger files (up to 5 MB).
Anonymous Boy
Owner/Administrator

Unread postby Dessy » 5th January, 2017, 11:45 am

I guess I'll post here. But on the new theme I was wonder if there may be an easier way to know where we can access our profile. The setting icon while it makes sense still leave me confused. Although I'm fine with it if most users doesn't have an issue with it.

ImageImage
ImageImage

ImageImageImage
Dessy
The Shady Moderator

Unread postby Anonymous Boy » 7th January, 2017, 3:04 pm

Dessy wrote:I guess I'll post here. But on the new theme I was wonder if there may be an easier way to know where we can access our profile. The setting icon while it makes sense still leave me confused. Although I'm fine with it if most users doesn't have an issue with it.

Here you go! It's not ideal, but I hope this will do for now. Check next to the gear/settings icon.
Anonymous Boy
Owner/Administrator

Previous

Recently active