What made you sad recently?

Off-topic posts go in here; this forum is only loosely moderated.

Re: What made you sad recently?

Unread postby scottnesss » 10th May, 2017, 5:18 pm

freakism wrote:One of my favourite bands is going on tour and I don't actually have any friends to go with lmao

#LondonGrammar :rip:
Image Image

scottnesss
I feel my User Title no longer defines me; please change xo

Likes received: 104

Unread postby CapsLock » 11th May, 2017, 3:52 am

freakism wrote:One of my favourite bands is going on tour and I don't actually have any friends to go with lmao

Go on your own!!!

I always go to concerts on my own it is soo much better and because you're on your own you have a better chance of mingling with new people and making new friends!!

It sounds silly to not see your fave artist because your friends don't like them :P
CapsLock

First name: Ross
Likes received: 10

Unread postby Anonymous Boy » 4th August, 2017, 4:04 pm

I can't believe some of the parenting in this country... :shake:

I walked past these two kids who were out with their mother, and one of them addressed me.

Kid: Excuse me, cig?
Me: Huh?
Kid: A cigarette?
Me: Um, those are really bad for you...
Mother: Don't talk to my children that way! Come on, let's go find a cig...

She gave me an ugly look and repeated "Don't talk to my children that way.", then waved her children to cross the street, at a crossing where the light was red.

I yelled after her, "Way to set a good example for your kids!"

I don't know if the kid wanted a cigarette for himself or for his mother, but either way, it made me sad.

The mother's skin looked really wrinkly and damaged, too, probably from decades of smoking.

Brenden says I should have told the kids "Don't smoke unless you want to turn out like her!" :p
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Anonymous Boy
Owner/Administrator

First name: René
Likes received: 203

Unread postby Kaspar » 5th August, 2017, 7:41 am

Anonymous Boy wrote:I can't believe some of the parenting in this country... :shake:

I walked past these two kids who were out with their mother, and one of them addressed me.

She gave me an ugly look and repeated "Don't talk to my children that way.", then waved her children to cross the street, at a crossing where the light was red.

I don't know if the kid wanted a cigarette for himself or for his mother, but either way, it made me sad.

The mother's skin looked really wrinkly and damaged, too, probably from decades of smoking.

Brenden says I should have told the kids "Don't smoke unless you want to turn out like her!" :p

Oh that's bad. I too noticed more and more young children with cigarettes around the town lately. Is this a developing problem or just a coincidence?
Proudly, the Captain of team Spirited Away
House Cup 2017

mattyk wrote:You are indeed all-round 100% certified awesome!

ImageImage
ImageImage
Kaspar
The Kind Moderator / Lochlan's cat enthusiast

First name: Kacper
Likes received: 332

Unread postby Anonymous Boy » 5th August, 2017, 8:01 am

Kaspar wrote:
Anonymous Boy wrote:I can't believe some of the parenting in this country... :shake:

Oh that's bad. I too noticed more and more young children with cigarettes around the town lately. Is this a developing problem or just a coincidence?

Just a coincidence I think, fortunately — apparently smoking and drinking among young people in the England is at the lowest level on record, with fewer than 5% of children aged eight to 15 having smoked, down three quarters since 2003, while only about 17% admitted ever drinking alcohol, a fall of two thirds, according to an annual survey of health trends.
Last edited by Anonymous Boy on 6th August, 2017, 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Correction: England, not UK
Anonymous Boy
Owner/Administrator

Unread postby CheeseSlice » 5th August, 2017, 9:48 pm

Wtf lol
-
My friend lied to me "to keep you from being dissapointed but now you're probably more disappointed I didn't tell you at first.".
CheeseSlice

First name: Dan
Likes received: 8

Unread postby JonathanT88 » 6th August, 2017, 9:38 am

Anonymous Boy wrote:smoking and drinking among young people in the UK is at the lowest level on record[/url], with fewer than 5% of children aged eight to 15 having smoked, down three quarters since 2003, while only about 17% admitted ever drinking alcohol, a fall of two thirds, according to an annual survey of health trends.

Either those statistics or my experience are massively warped. I don't know a 15 year old who hasn't drunk, and few who haven't tried a cigarette.
Gudrun wrote:

"How many times have I told you? Homosexuality is only to be used for revolutionary purposes!"

Image ImageImage

ImageImageImage
JonathanT88
Horny Jonathan of the Homosexual Intifada

First name: Jonathan (duh.)
Likes received: 391

Unread postby Anonymous Boy » 6th August, 2017, 9:49 am

JonathanT88 wrote:
Anonymous Boy wrote:smoking and drinking among young people in the UK is at the lowest level on record[/url], with fewer than 5% of children aged eight to 15 having smoked, down three quarters since 2003, while only about 17% admitted ever drinking alcohol, a fall of two thirds, according to an annual survey of health trends.

Either those statistics or my experience are massively warped. I don't know a 15 year old who hasn't drunk, and few who haven't tried a cigarette.

Correction: young people in England, not the UK as a whole. The situation in Scotland appears to be more dire.
Anonymous Boy
Owner/Administrator

Unread postby JeffYourLocalMailMan » 22nd August, 2017, 9:14 pm

School :unf:
JeffYourLocalMailMan

Likes received: 1

Unread postby (un)creative » 23rd August, 2017, 1:07 am

JonathanT88 wrote:

I'm 19 and have neither drunk, nor smoked a cigarette. And most of my 19-20 year old classmates haven't tried a cigarette either and haven't tried alcohol before 16. (Which is the drinking age for stuff like beer in Austria)

But to the main topic:
The movie Titanic :D
(un)creative

First name: André
Likes received: 17

Unread postby CelticSky » 7th September, 2017, 8:28 am

I've got terrible luck with bikes :/
Just had to buy another one because it would have cost more then twice the amount i payed for the bike to repair it 0_o

I loved that bike too :(

If you're going through hell, keep going.
CelticSky

Likes received: 15

Unread postby freakism » 7th September, 2017, 9:29 am

CelticSky wrote:I've got terrible luck with bikes :/
Just had to buy another one because it would have cost more then twice the amount i payed for the bike to repair it 0_o

I loved that bike too :(

Bikes are honestly such hard work, the two bikes I have atm I've spent way more on repairing/maintaining them then they're worth.

What's your new bike like?
GTF House Cup 2016 - Team Middle Earth
freakism
Head tllt boy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

First name: Harry
Likes received: 127

Unread postby Sokol » 7th September, 2017, 9:41 am

My grades
Sokol
Sokol The Cocks

Likes received: 68

Unread postby CelticSky » 7th September, 2017, 11:49 am

freakism wrote:Bikes are honestly such hard work, the two bikes I have atm I've spent way more on repairing/maintaining them then they're worth.

What's your new bike like?

very very hard work yeah. But its worth it to get out the house more i think

Its almost the exact same as my old bike (a Raleigh Vermont) just with a thicker down tube :blush: :P

CelticSky

Unread postby CelticSky » 8th September, 2017, 1:36 pm

first ride out on my new bike, it gets a puncture >.< I think something is trying to tell me i shouldn't ride bikes xD

CelticSky

Previous

Recently active