Pop Music Discussion Thread: Lorde

The place for your music, films, television shows, and all things pop culture.

Re: The POP Music Dispute Thread

Unread postby Cobalt » 19th February, 2012, 11:39 pm

hunterplusmariska wrote:
Cobalt wrote:I really hope Gaga's next album doesn't disappoint. Unfortunately it's probably going to be released in like 2014 due to the obnoxiously long world tour. :(

It was originally 110 shows but "due to popular demand" they added more Australian tour dates. She's probably just gonna keep adding. It'll maybe be around 150+ shows meaning the American leg of the tour isn't gonna be here till 2013.

It has already been said that the US section of the tour won't be until January of next year. :pfft:
User avatar
Cobalt
Mafia Mom
 
Posts: 20742
Likes received: 114
Joined: 1st August, 2009, 12:20 am
Country: United States (us)

Re: The POP Music Dispute Thread

Unread postby Hunter » 19th February, 2012, 11:41 pm

Seriously though, these lyrics:

I can't help myself I'm addicted to a life of material
It's some kind of joke, I'm obsessively opposed to the typical
All we care about is, runway models, cadillacs and liquor bottles
Give me something I wanna be, retro glamour, Hollywood yes we live for the

Hold her hand through the black light
Baby it's a forest land of trick slides
Honey just take your time
Close her eyes

"I'm scared," she whispered
As she wants to hide
Into a back room where
She paints on a smile


I met a drummer last week
at a pool bar down by the shore
With a body like that and your stonewashed eyes
I want you more

He cried, "Mother! What'd you do to me?"
I said, "Mother mother mother's for babies
Call me kitty."


It's like David Bowie mixed with Gwen Stefani/No Doubt. :P
Image
Russell Wilson #1 Seahawk QuarterBAREback
User avatar
Hunter
Hairier than Chewbacca
 
Posts: 12076
Likes received: 4
Joined: 17th April, 2011, 4:47 pm
Location: Seattle
Country: United States (us)

Re: The POP Music Dispute Thread

Unread postby Glam » 19th February, 2012, 11:43 pm

Am I the only one excited about the BRIT Awards happening in about a day and a half? :squint:

It's the same awards that gave us:




This year's performers include Adele, Jessie J, Florence + The Machine, Rihanna, Coldplay, Katy Perry.

I'm excited/nervous about Rihanna performing Talk That Talk :noes:
If you knew me and want to keep in touch, follow me on Twitter/Instagram @er_odriguez
User avatar
Glam
Lana dull Cliché
 
Posts: 18024
Joined: 13th August, 2010, 3:55 am
Country: Venezuela (ve)

Re: The POP Music Dispute Thread

Unread postby Hunter » 19th February, 2012, 11:45 pm

I can't remember when he looked at me and cried
Said something broke inside of you
Were my best friend
Whatever come our way
You know I'm your girl till the end


Nothin' wrong with being just a little bit vain
We need a little pretty 'cause this country's insane
So go ahead and label me whatever you like
But nothings quite as sexy as a woman is fine


:heart: :heart: :heart:
Image
Russell Wilson #1 Seahawk QuarterBAREback
User avatar
Hunter
Hairier than Chewbacca
 
Posts: 12076
Likes received: 4
Joined: 17th April, 2011, 4:47 pm
Location: Seattle
Country: United States (us)

Re: The POP Music Dispute Thread

Unread postby googlesucks » 19th February, 2012, 11:51 pm

Glam wrote:Sis, I know. When you were posting about Kelly last year before her album came out I was taking notes and I remember everything you said. I don't have a problem with them pushing the album back since that shit happens but why releasing the first single so early? He promised us a video for 2011 but it would've been better either way, even if we got upset :P What upsets me the most is that most of the money comes from him directly so I really hope they don't let it flop cause he might literally go bankrupt, unless they somehow assemble a mildly succesful tour.

I didn't know you were playing attention, haha! I thought I was being ignored throughout that tim period. Ah, the Kelly Clarkson thread... The very first artist thread, created 2 years ago. How I miss it haha. I'm figuring that they released the single before Adam's scandal in some europan country that I can't remember the name lol, and thought, maybe it'd be better to delay the album until the rumors clear up. Also, I believe that every artist has to finance their second albums, in fact, every album that it's released post debut needs to be paid for. But yeah, Kelly had the Breakaway and American Idol money ¬__¬.


Glam wrote:Yes, it does :3 I still have the mental picture of when SUBG was at No.2. I think it was Hollaback girl or We Belong Together that cockblocked it. I'm not the BIGGEST Kelly stan but I love her and she deserves a number 1 a lot more than 95% of the other shit that usually goes to No.1.

Talent: 1. Manufactured Artists: 0.

That's right! But I fear it was 50 cent's Candy shop that cockblocked it from being #1 on the billboard. You're so lucky to have known her for so long! I hardly remember Because of you being played everywhere!
Image
Kelly ClarksonImage Lady Gaga
User avatar
googlesucks
It's Kelly Clarkson bitch
 
Posts: 9235
Joined: 27th November, 2009, 7:41 pm

Re: The POP Music Dispute Thread

Unread postby CrossMyHeart » 19th February, 2012, 11:53 pm

Adele and Flo's performances are the only thing I'm anticipating from the BRIT Awards.

Oh and xyz, thanks for the recs. Really digging Mylene. :keke:
I chase your love around a figure 8
I need you more than I can take.

last.fm | tumblr | let's talk
User avatar
CrossMyHeart
Teen Idle
 
Posts: 2251
Joined: 21st August, 2010, 11:18 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada (ca)

Re: The POP Music Dispute Thread

Unread postby J192 » 19th February, 2012, 11:58 pm

Am I crazy or does katy's new song sort of sound like round and round by selena gomez? I noticed it right at the beginning.
J192
Member
 
Posts: 245
Joined: 23rd October, 2011, 1:04 am

Re: The POP Music Dispute Thread

Unread postby Glam » 20th February, 2012, 12:01 am

CrossMyHeart wrote:Adele and Flo's performances are the only thing I'm anticipating from the BRIT Awards.

I am secretly wishing Florence delivers a performance that gives her more fame. The BRITS are pretty much the reason Adele is as huge as she is right now.

googlesucks wrote:I didn't know you were playing attention, haha! I thought I was being ignored throughout that tim period. Ah, the Kelly Clarkson thread... The very first artist thread, created 2 years ago. How I miss it haha. I'm figuring that they released the single before Adam's scandal in some europan country that I can't remember the name lol, and thought, maybe it'd be better to delay the album until the rumors clear up. Also, I believe that every artist has to finance their second albums, in fact, every album that it's released post debut needs to be paid for. But yeah, Kelly had the Breakaway and American Idol money ¬__¬.

He had a scandal in Finland when he got arrested but I don't think that's the reason. I'm figuring it was just the wrong timing and they're rescheduling everything. He also said he feels like some songs were not ready. Besides I believe American Idol used to give a million dollars to winners but that's not true right now. They give like 300-400k to the winner and less to the runner up. If the album picks up of course they get more money.

googlesucks wrote:That's right! But I fear it was 50 cent's Candy shop that cockblocked it from being #1 on the billboard. You're so lucky to have known her for so long! I hardly remember Because of you being played everywhere!
I knew of "A Moment Like This" and "Miss Independent" when they came out and I listened to them but I wasn't familiar with her discography. It was about the time Since U Been Gone came out that I started stanning :D
If you knew me and want to keep in touch, follow me on Twitter/Instagram @er_odriguez
User avatar
Glam
Lana dull Cliché
 
Posts: 18024
Joined: 13th August, 2010, 3:55 am
Country: Venezuela (ve)

Re: The POP Music Dispute Thread

Unread postby Cobalt » 20th February, 2012, 12:07 am

HA! FUCK ALL YOU BITCHES I LISTENED TO EVERYTHING KELLY RELEASED SINCE IDOL IN '01.

Thanks to my sister, though. Miss Independent, Low, A Moment Like This, and the original Beautiful Disaster were played around my house a lot until Breakaway came out and we listened to every single song on repeat all the time. In the car, in the kitchen doing chores, during dinner --- it was the album of my childhood. :3

I've been a Kelly fan longer. I win. :oface:
User avatar
Cobalt
Mafia Mom
 
Posts: 20742
Likes received: 114
Joined: 1st August, 2009, 12:20 am
Country: United States (us)

Re: The POP Music Dispute Thread

Unread postby CrossMyHeart » 20th February, 2012, 12:10 am

Glam wrote:
CrossMyHeart wrote:Adele and Flo's performances are the only thing I'm anticipating from the BRIT Awards.

I am secretly wishing Florence delivers a performance that gives her more fame. The BRITS are pretty much the reason Adele is as huge as she is right now.

Very true. I never really listened to Adele until I heard her perform Someone Like You on the BRIT Awards, and now I'm a massive fan. I hope Flo kills it!
I chase your love around a figure 8
I need you more than I can take.

last.fm | tumblr | let's talk
User avatar
CrossMyHeart
Teen Idle
 
Posts: 2251
Joined: 21st August, 2010, 11:18 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada (ca)

Re: The POP Music Dispute Thread

Unread postby howYOUdoin » 20th February, 2012, 12:11 am

Cobalt wrote:
howYOUdoin wrote:2. Beyonce- B'Day

I feel like IASF was a so much more well-put together and just a better album though. :dunno:


Because it had 16 tracks, I love IASF too.

B'Day just gets to the point. 10 Tracks, 2 #1's that stayed at number 1 for 16 weeks, following a record (now tied with Adele) 6 grammy night.
Listen and Resentment best showcase the phenomenal control and power she has in her vocals imo.

But Tbqh I like all 4 albums equally, that's why Bey's My Queen.
Image
User avatar
howYOUdoin
Member
 
Posts: 4555
Joined: 11th March, 2011, 12:52 am
Location: NYC
Country: United States (us)

Re: The POP Music Dispute Thread

Unread postby Glam » 20th February, 2012, 12:12 am

Cobalt wrote:HA! FUCK ALL YOU BITCHES I LISTENED TO EVERYTHING KELLY RELEASED SINCE IDOL IN '01.

Thanks to my sister, though. Miss Independent, Low, A Moment Like This, and the original Beautiful Disaster were played around my house a lot until Breakaway came out and we listened to every single song on repeat all the time. In the car, in the kitchen doing chores, during dinner --- it was the album of my childhood. :3

I've been a Kelly fan longer. I win. :oface:

Except Idol didn't exist in 2001. Such a huge fan :oface:

I also listened to her singles but I'm not silly enough to call myself a stan when I didn't even listen to her debut album back then.
If you knew me and want to keep in touch, follow me on Twitter/Instagram @er_odriguez
User avatar
Glam
Lana dull Cliché
 
Posts: 18024
Joined: 13th August, 2010, 3:55 am
Country: Venezuela (ve)

Re: The POP Music Dispute Thread

Unread postby Cobalt » 20th February, 2012, 12:14 am

howYOUdoin wrote:
Cobalt wrote:
howYOUdoin wrote:2. Beyonce- B'Day

I feel like IASF was a so much more well-put together and just a better album though. :dunno:

Because it had 16 tracks, I love IASF too.

B'Day just gets to the point. 10 Tracks, 2 #1's that stayed at number 1 for 16 weeks, following a record (now tied with Adele) 6 grammy night.
Listen and Resentment best showcase the phenomenal control and power she has in her vocals imo.

But Tbqh I like all 4 albums equally, that's why Bey's My Queen.
Image

Well yeah I like them all equally but I just think IASF was better. B'Day might have gotten to the point but IASF showcased absolutely everything with its diversity.
Glam wrote:
Cobalt wrote:HA! FUCK ALL YOU BITCHES I LISTENED TO EVERYTHING KELLY RELEASED SINCE IDOL IN '01.

Thanks to my sister, though. Miss Independent, Low, A Moment Like This, and the original Beautiful Disaster were played around my house a lot until Breakaway came out and we listened to every single song on repeat all the time. In the car, in the kitchen doing chores, during dinner --- it was the album of my childhood. :3

I've been a Kelly fan longer. I win. :oface:

Except Idol didn't exist in 2001. Such a huge fan :oface:

I also listened to her singles but I'm not silly enough to call myself a stan when I didn't even listen to her debut album back then.

Whenever the first season was, fuck you. :pfft:
CrossMyHeart wrote:
Glam wrote:
CrossMyHeart wrote:Adele and Flo's performances are the only thing I'm anticipating from the BRIT Awards.

I am secretly wishing Florence delivers a performance that gives her more fame. The BRITS are pretty much the reason Adele is as huge as she is right now.

Very true. I never really listened to Adele until I heard her perform Someone Like You on the BRIT Awards, and now I'm a massive fan. I hope Flo kills it!

All you bandwagon bitches. I've been an Adele fan since Chasing Pavements came out. :oface:
User avatar
Cobalt
Mafia Mom
 
Posts: 20742
Likes received: 114
Joined: 1st August, 2009, 12:20 am
Country: United States (us)

Re: The POP Music Dispute Thread

Unread postby Glam » 20th February, 2012, 12:19 am

Cobalt wrote:Whenever the first season was, fuck you. :pfft:

Sis, 10 years ago you were learning how to be a proper human being. Don't claim to be her oldest fan when you were at most a casual listener because your sister used to stan.
If you knew me and want to keep in touch, follow me on Twitter/Instagram @er_odriguez
User avatar
Glam
Lana dull Cliché
 
Posts: 18024
Joined: 13th August, 2010, 3:55 am
Country: Venezuela (ve)

Re: The POP Music Dispute Thread

Unread postby Cobalt » 20th February, 2012, 12:21 am

Glam wrote:
Cobalt wrote:Whenever the first season was, fuck you. :pfft:

Sis, 10 years ago you were learning how to be a proper human being. Don't claim to be her oldest fan when you were at most a casual listener because your sister used to stan.

Making harmonic arrangements of Kelly Clarkson songs with my sister so that we could sing them together at the top of our longs definitely qualifies me as a fan.

I watched that Idol season with my sister and my mom and I loved her since the god damn audition. DON'T CHALLENGE ME, BITCH.
User avatar
Cobalt
Mafia Mom
 
Posts: 20742
Likes received: 114
Joined: 1st August, 2009, 12:20 am
Country: United States (us)

Re: The POP Music Dispute Thread

Unread postby CrossMyHeart » 20th February, 2012, 12:23 am

Cobalt wrote:
CrossMyHeart wrote:
Glam wrote:
CrossMyHeart wrote:Adele and Flo's performances are the only thing I'm anticipating from the BRIT Awards.

I am secretly wishing Florence delivers a performance that gives her more fame. The BRITS are pretty much the reason Adele is as huge as she is right now.

Very true. I never really listened to Adele until I heard her perform Someone Like You on the BRIT Awards, and now I'm a massive fan. I hope Flo kills it!

All you bandwagon bitches. I've been an Adele fan since Chasing Pavements came out. :oface:

Whatevs Cobalt, you sound like such a hipster right now. "I listened to Adele BEFORE it was cool!" :lol:
I chase your love around a figure 8
I need you more than I can take.

last.fm | tumblr | let's talk
User avatar
CrossMyHeart
Teen Idle
 
Posts: 2251
Joined: 21st August, 2010, 11:18 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada (ca)

Re: The POP Music Dispute Thread

Unread postby Cobalt » 20th February, 2012, 12:24 am

CrossMyHeart wrote:
Cobalt wrote:
CrossMyHeart wrote:
Glam wrote:
CrossMyHeart wrote:Adele and Flo's performances are the only thing I'm anticipating from the BRIT Awards.

I am secretly wishing Florence delivers a performance that gives her more fame. The BRITS are pretty much the reason Adele is as huge as she is right now.

Very true. I never really listened to Adele until I heard her perform Someone Like You on the BRIT Awards, and now I'm a massive fan. I hope Flo kills it!

All you bandwagon bitches. I've been an Adele fan since Chasing Pavements came out. :oface:

Whatevs Cobalt, you sound like such a hipster right now. "I listened to Adele BEFORE it was cool!" :lol:
At least I'm not a bandwagon bitch. :oface:

Well, okay, I am for Adam, but that's just because his new album is already slaying the pants off of me.
User avatar
Cobalt
Mafia Mom
 
Posts: 20742
Likes received: 114
Joined: 1st August, 2009, 12:20 am
Country: United States (us)

Re: The POP Music Dispute Thread

Unread postby Glam » 20th February, 2012, 12:25 am

Cobalt wrote:Making harmonic arrangements of Kelly Clarkson songs with my sister so that we could sing them together at the top of our longs definitely qualifies me as a fan.

What a prodigy! A 7yo already making harmonic arrangements Image Inb4 Simon states he played the flute at 3.

Cobalt wrote:I watched that Idol season with my sister and my mom and I loved her since the god damn audition. DON'T CHALLENGE ME, BITCH.

At that age you had the shortest attention span. I doubt you could even stay focus during the entire Kelly performance.

Speaking about it.



> your fave.
If you knew me and want to keep in touch, follow me on Twitter/Instagram @er_odriguez
User avatar
Glam
Lana dull Cliché
 
Posts: 18024
Joined: 13th August, 2010, 3:55 am
Country: Venezuela (ve)

Re: The POP Music Dispute Thread

Unread postby Cobalt » 20th February, 2012, 12:33 am

Glam wrote:
Cobalt wrote:Making harmonic arrangements of Kelly Clarkson songs with my sister so that we could sing them together at the top of our longs definitely qualifies me as a fan.

What a prodigy! A 7yo already making harmonic arrangements Image Inb4 Simon states he played the flute at 3.

I didn't make them or sing the damn harmony I did melody because my sister knew all of that stuff. Fuck off my childhood. >:(
User avatar
Cobalt
Mafia Mom
 
Posts: 20742
Likes received: 114
Joined: 1st August, 2009, 12:20 am
Country: United States (us)

Re: The POP Music Dispute Thread

Unread postby Glam » 20th February, 2012, 12:42 am

Can we all reach a consensus about who currently has the best female voice?

I personally think Jennifer Hudson has it. She doesn't hold herself back or tries to sound perfect all the time but she sings right from her soul. She also sings so effortlessly and gives herself enough liberty to take risks and be bold.




Leona used to be at the top of my list too but lately her voice isn't all that great Image
If you knew me and want to keep in touch, follow me on Twitter/Instagram @er_odriguez
User avatar
Glam
Lana dull Cliché
 
Posts: 18024
Joined: 13th August, 2010, 3:55 am
Country: Venezuela (ve)

PreviousNext

Recently active
Users browsing this forum: None and 3 guests