Your bookmarks
Your friends' posts
Your posts | Quotes
Welcome, CommonCrawl [Bot]!

It is currently 27th March, 2017, 8:35 am

Page 1 of 5080 [ 101590 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 5080  Next
Unread postPosted: 31st July, 2011, 1:51 am 
Lana dull Cliché

Welcome to The Pop Music Discussion Thread. Home of the biggest and greatest genre of music and WINNER of GTF's Worst Thread in both 2013 and 2015!

ImageImage

Here's a summary of the commonly used words, kindly put together by Matt: viewtopic.php?style=6&f=4&t=66301

Last edited by Glam on 5th April, 2015, 8:02 pm, edited 57 times in total.

Unread postPosted: 31st July, 2011, 1:55 am 
Glass

/thread

Unread postPosted: 31st July, 2011, 1:56 am 
Hairier than Chewbacca

Likes received: 1

Lady Gaga wins. Although, the never ending disputes on the Gaga thread probably won't cease, but perhaps some drama can be created her. :3
I like the idea, though.

1 from Patrixen

Unread postPosted: 31st July, 2011, 1:58 am 
ARTPOP

Unread postPosted: 31st July, 2011, 2:03 am 
No Alf, not in the diner

You mentioned Leona Lewis, I like her but she hasn't been relevant since Bleeding Love which is a shame but she fell off the face off the earth.

Xtina has a better range and belt than GaGa.

Unread postPosted: 31st July, 2011, 2:05 am 
Lana dull Cliché

Loop wrote:

/thread

Btw the other day some friend had the most hideous music ever on because he was "listening to the oldies" and when this song came on I couldn't believe the blatant rip off :lol: You'll recognize the original song.

For your own psychological sanity don't listen to it any further than the 0:20 second.

Beegee wrote:
You mentioned Leona Lewis, I like her but she hasn't been relevant since Bleeding Love which is a shame but she fell off the face off the earth.

Xtina has a better range and belt than GaGa.

Lewis recently took a "different" direction with her music. Listen to it for yourself.

Unread postPosted: 31st July, 2011, 2:34 am 
Chasing kites

This won't stop the arguing in the other threads. Everyone is too stubborn for that.

GlamLife wrote:
Lewis recently took a "different" direction with her music. Listen to it for yourself.
Have you heard about the controversy surrounding her song?

Unread postPosted: 31st July, 2011, 2:37 am 

I haven't really Adam Lambert given a chance yet, although I do love What Do You Want From me. I dunno why but that is something I plan to do.

I like that Demi Lovato's is back and healthy, but I am not a huge fan of her new single Skyscraper. I know it is supposed to a raw, emotional song, but she sounds like she is dying throughout the song.

Unread postPosted: 31st July, 2011, 2:42 am 

Outside of the obvious releases like Adam and Kelly I am really excited about Skylar Grey's album Invincible. I've actually wanted to talk about her for awhile but I refuse to make a thread about an artist myself.

She's had some releases as herself, Holly Brook, but never really took off. She also co-wrote "Love The Way You Lie" and various other tracks for artist.

Skylar has so far released two tracks for the album:

Dance Without You is her promotional single

And Invisible is the album's first actual single

I absolutely love Dance Without You, and think it's a much better track than Invisible but the vast majority of people I talk to think the other way around. Regardless, if more of the album is as refreshing as Dance Without You is, I am really excited.

Unread postPosted: 31st July, 2011, 2:52 am 
No Alf, not in the diner

I don't care that Leona Lewis ripped off somebody else's song, I care that her song sucks.

Unread postPosted: 31st July, 2011, 2:58 am 
Lana dull Cliché

desolation wrote:
This won't stop the arguing in the other threads. Everyone is too stubborn for that.
I was hoping that some of that drama would be created here as people would start talking about their favorites. I'm still hopeful :)

desolation wrote:
GlamLife wrote:
I saw a little about that in some of the comments but whatever it's not like she would write one of her songs :P

johnjohnh15 wrote:
I haven't really Adam Lambert given a chance yet, although I do love What Do You Want From me. I dunno why but that is something I plan to do.

I like that Demi Lovato's is back and healthy, but I am not a huge fan of her new single Skyscraper. I know it is supposed to a raw, emotional song, but she sounds like she is dying throughout the song.
That's great! you could start with "If I Had You", "Fever" and "Mad World". Maybe the fact that Demi sounds dying was the whole point of the song? but I agree it isn't my favorite song by hers either.

Unread postPosted: 31st July, 2011, 3:02 am 
Live or die. But don't poison everything.

Loop wrote:

/thread

OMG Annie Lennox. THANK YOU. I thought no one here had real taste.

Unread postPosted: 31st July, 2011, 3:14 am 
Annoying Twat

Beyoncé. :oface:

Also, the ratings on artist's vocals.

Kelly Clarkson (9.5), Beyoncé (9, taking into account lower register and head voice), Christina Aguilera (7), Lady Gaga (7) and Adele (7)

Last edited by jwaggerz on 31st July, 2011, 3:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

Unread postPosted: 31st July, 2011, 3:17 am 
overrated nasty prostibitch

:3 :3 :3

/thread :oface:

Unread postPosted: 31st July, 2011, 3:21 am 
Lana dull Cliché

Everyone stop trying to end my thread! I took some minutes to write OP and find that MJ picture, you could at least pretend you like the thread!!

Unread postPosted: 31st July, 2011, 3:23 am 
overrated nasty prostibitch

GlamLife wrote:
Everyone stop trying to end my thread! I took some minutes to write OP and find that MJ picture, you could at least pretend you like the thread!!

I do like the thread, I was just pointing out how God$ha is the true winner in the end with her talent and natural beauty.

Unread postPosted: 31st July, 2011, 3:27 am 
Lana dull Cliché

Prometheus wrote:
I do like the thread

Believable enough, thank you.

Btw now that people mentioned Kelly's release because I mentioned first: I've only heard 3 leaked songs and they're already on repeat :3 If the rest of the album is just as good then it's going to be her best album by far. I've listened to Dark Side, Let Me Down and What Doesn't Kill You. The usual Clarkson tunes but incredibly appealing and single-worthy.

Unread postPosted: 31st July, 2011, 3:28 am 
Chasing kites

RandomRant wrote:
Dance Without You is her promotional single

That is really catchy. I like how she's kind of destroying her old image in the video.

GlamLife wrote:
desolation wrote:
GlamLife wrote:
I saw a little about that in some of the comments but whatever it's not like she would write one of her songs :P
Well, she didn't necessarily steal it. They were both offered the sample to use, Avicii used it first but Leona's producer decided to use it anyway. Honestly, both of their songs are boring and barely add anything to the sample.

Prometheus wrote:
I do like the thread, I was just pointing out how God$ha is the true winner in the end with her talent and natural beauty.
Saw this coming from a mile away.

Unread postPosted: 31st July, 2011, 3:36 am 
Lana dull Cliché

desolation wrote:
Well, she didn't necessarily steal it. They were both offered the sample to use, Avicii used it first but Leona's producer decided to use it anyway. Honestly, both of their songs are boring and barely add anything to the sample.

Good point :3 It's a shame she's now poorly mimicking what's popular out there, as contradictive that statement might be with this whole thread.

Btw I like that you guys are also talking about old or fairly unknown pop music artists. I know I made it sound in my OP that only Gaga and the likes were accepted, but everything that is pop can be discussed here. I just didn't want people focusing on hip-hop, country, metal, etc.

Unread postPosted: 31st July, 2011, 3:38 am 
Teen Idle

I would be okay if I only got to listen to British pop singers for the rest of my life.

Page 1 of 5080 [ 101590 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 5080  Next

Time zone: America/New_York [ DST ]

Recently active