Forum features and improvements discussion

Off-topic posts go in here; this forum is only loosely moderated.

Re: Forum features and improvements discussion

Unread postby Hyacinth » 23rd May, 2016, 2:52 am

noface99 wrote:This behaviour is out of line. If you want the forum to carry on fine, then you wouldn't have posted this. You just want to make things worse. Thankfully, I'm not as low as that, and I learn from things. Which is why I didn't continue posting.

Grow up and stop trying to be 'head bitch', both of you. Your avatars say it all. Be a bit more reasonable, please. I only said what I said in retaliation to your insults against me, which I had been ignoring all day until that point.

If you stopped posting then what is this? :rofl: And what does my avatar say really?

I called you out on your shitty behavior and provided arguments for that. It's you who can't contain your salt :noway:

Now you should go on that rehab of yours. Come back when you've sorted your personal issues. We help people, yes, but we're not interested in dealing with yours if you take up such an approach.
Hyacinth
Candlelight Supper Enthusiast

First name: Jan
Likes received: 17

Unread postby JonathanT88 » 23rd May, 2016, 2:58 am

Jan wrote:
noface99 wrote:This behaviour is out of line. If you want the forum to carry on fine, then you wouldn't have posted this. You just want to make things worse. Thankfully, I'm not as low as that, and I learn from things. Which is why I didn't continue posting.

Grow up and stop trying to be 'head bitch', both of you. Your avatars say it all. Be a bit more reasonable, please. I only said what I said in retaliation to your insults against me, which I had been ignoring all day until that point.

If you stopped posting then what is this? :rofl: And what does my avatar say really?

I called you out on your shitty behavior and provided arguments for that. It's you who can't contain your salt :noway:

Now you should go on that rehab of yours. Come back when you've sorted your personal issues. We help people, yes, but we're not interested in dealing with yours if you take up such an approach.

Right. I think you've both made your point. No more posts like that in this thread anymore please.
Gudrun wrote:

"How many times have I told you? Homosexuality is only to be used for revolutionary purposes!"

Image ImageImage

ImageImageImage
JonathanT88
Horny Jonathan of the Homosexual Intifada

First name: Jonathan (duh.)
Likes received: 393

Unread postby Jacketh » 23rd May, 2016, 4:54 am

Russell wrote:OMG. We got new emoji's :oface:

When the fuck did this happen. I'm honestly not sure cause I have emojis turned off in my UCP settings, and on the rare occasion I actually use them, I just write it out cause I know all of the shortcut thingys - so legit only just noticed.

Also;
Russell wrote:So, this has annoyed me forever, but is there any way to make the uploader for the avatars auto resize to fit the parameters?

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=72141

:doge:

In response to your question - probably. But I don't know how time consuming that would be for the Admins, and there are quite a few other things that are a bigger deal, such as the theme, that have to be the priority for now. So stop being lazy! :P

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
Jacketh
Admin

First name: Jack
Likes received: 548

Unread postby Russell » 23rd May, 2016, 10:05 am

Jacketh wrote:In response to your question - probably. But I don't know how time consuming that would be for the Admins, and there are quite a few other things that are a bigger deal, such as the theme, that have to be the priority for now. So stop being lazy! :P
I am aware, doesn't stop me from wanting it brought to attention though. And technically I've put up with it for over half a decade, so I would classify that as fairly patient. :lol: Like I'm not demanding it be done immediately or anything, just wanted to explore the possibility of the idea. Such a party pooper :pfft: :lol:
I'm not arrogant. I'm just better than you.
--------
Death is lighter than a feather; duty heavier than a mountain.
Russell
Heart of a Chilf, Soul of a Dragon

First name: Spaceman
Likes received: 16

Unread postby thaprot » 3rd June, 2016, 6:49 pm

I've made some sneaky new changes, some of which you may have noticed.

The House Cup has given it's own sub-forum for visibility and to show people we can be interesting as well. I've also amended the 'Who is Online' feature (on a trial basis) to show users active in the last 30 minutes rather than the last 5 to try to sneakily make us appear more active to passers by and new members in the hope they may stick around a bit more.

Finally, Hotness and General Pictures are now fully visible to guests when not logged in to show that we're not just text or conversation based and that we can post picture threads and lust after hot people too - Self Pics remains invisible unless logged in however for obvious reasons.

If you have any issues with any of these or any suggestions for possible improvements please PM me or post them in here and I'll see what I can do with all my new buttons to play with. :keke:
My inbox is always open, feel free to PM me if you need a friendly face, some advice or just fancy a chat! :)

Similarly, if you need any moddy stuff done and nobody is online, PMs to me send a direct email to my phone so I'll do my best to help ASAP.

Jacketh wrote:Oh, damn. Ignore me. Listen to Josh.
thaprot
taproot the grumpy cat

First name: Josh
Likes received: 4

Unread postby Jacketh » 3rd June, 2016, 6:50 pm

:clap3:

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
Jacketh
Admin

Unread postby Dessy » 3rd June, 2016, 7:16 pm

thaprot wrote:Finally, Hotness and General Pictures are now fully visible to guests when not logged in to show that we're not just text or conversation based and that we can post picture threads and lust after hot people too - Self Pics remains invisible unless logged in however for obvious reasons.

Wait you mean this whole time since it was changed it was nothing but just text and no picture when someone would look at a thread in those?
ImageImage
ImageImage

Dessy
Moderator Emeriti

First name: Des
Likes received: 307

Unread postby thaprot » 3rd June, 2016, 7:18 pm

Dessy wrote:
thaprot wrote:Finally, Hotness and General Pictures are now fully visible to guests when not logged in to show that we're not just text or conversation based and that we can post picture threads and lust after hot people too - Self Pics remains invisible unless logged in however for obvious reasons.

Wait you mean this whole time since it was changed it was nothing but just text and no picture when someone would look at a thread in those?

None of the Self-Pics, Hotness or General Pictures were even viewable unless you logged in. If you weren't, you wouldn't know those sub-forums even existed. Self-Pics is still invisible unless logged in, but the others can now be viewed.
My inbox is always open, feel free to PM me if you need a friendly face, some advice or just fancy a chat! :)

Similarly, if you need any moddy stuff done and nobody is online, PMs to me send a direct email to my phone so I'll do my best to help ASAP.

thaprot
taproot the grumpy cat

Unread postby Tim. » 4th June, 2016, 6:28 am

Something weird is happening. The forum keeps auto changing it's self to the closet theme. I go in to board preferences and change it back but then some time later it just goes back. (I last changed it about 10 minutes ago and it has changed again)

No big deal obviously, I just find the upper banner really ugly on the closet theme.

Tim.
White Tupac

First name: Tim
Likes received: 130

Unread postby thaprot » 4th June, 2016, 6:38 am

Tim. wrote:Something weird is happening. The forum keeps auto changing it's self to the closet theme. I go in to board preferences and change it back but then some time later it just goes back. (I last changed it about 10 minutes ago and it has changed again)

No big deal obviously, I just find the upper banner really ugly on the closet theme.

I've just changed it for you. Let me know if it goes back...

thaprot
taproot the grumpy cat

Unread postby FirePhantom » 4th June, 2016, 7:01 am

Tim. wrote:Something weird is happening. The forum keeps auto changing it's self to the closet theme. I go in to board preferences and change it back but then some time later it just goes back. (I last changed it about 10 minutes ago and it has changed again)

Have you visited the forum through the gt-forum.org closet address anytime recently? You may also have had "&style=6" in your URLs, possibly from a link you clicked (e.g., posted by someone using the closet domain).

Where do you stack up amongst GTFers? Tell how tall you are here! Stand tall and tower over all? Or compare and despair?
FirePhantom
Valar Dohaeris

First name: Brenden
Likes received: 49

Unread postby Example » 7th September, 2016, 10:15 am

comment area on peoples profiles!!
Example

First name: Kyler
Likes received: 418

Unread postby muddylegs » 7th September, 2016, 10:19 am

Example wrote:comment area on peoples profiles!!

so long as people can't leave anonymous comments :err:
[6:50 PM] Flaggermus: muddy you cant just lynch people
[11:09 AM] TheWoahAlex: you can't lynch everyone!
[9:14 PM] Mestaris: MUDDY YOU CANT LYNCH PEOPLE. LYNCHING PEOPLE IS NOT A SOLUTION
[2:32 PM] Zefare: Muddy, you can't just lynch people!
[2:23 PM] bettasnail: you have a thing for lynching ppl don't you
[7:59 PM] AwesomeCDog: muddyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy not everyone is ready and willing to hurt others
[9:42 PM] matiboi96: Lol rob you can't just order someone to amputate themselves!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

[5:32 PM] Tyler: Fuck me sideways and call me grandma

[7:38 PM] Mestaris: your fetishes are worse than mine

Scherzy wrote:wonderfully creative, awesomely cute, horribly funny, uncomfortably morbid, relatively fucked-up, and outright twisted
muddylegs
Coca-Cola Poster BOY

Likes received: 140

Unread postby Saint Drogo » 13th October, 2016, 5:28 am

Both the Search and Quote function has been dodgy for the last two weeks. No correlation between what theme I'm using nor what browser, only thing coming up is
"There has been an error accessing the search server. Please try again in a few minutes."

Any clues on fixes? I quite like being able to search on the forum.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

The Official, three-time winner, of GTF's Reclusive Wanker. Entirely made up, but surprisingly made official.
Saint Drogo
Saint of Weird

First name: Fluffy
Likes received: 76

Unread postby Jacketh » 13th October, 2016, 6:04 am

René fixed it a few days ago. Then it happened again. Now René has fixed it again.

Praise René.

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
Jacketh
Admin

Unread postby thaprot » 11th November, 2016, 6:10 pm

You may have noticed a couple of changes just now!

Firstly, Daily Updates and Finds has been merged back into Anything Goes (as it originally was), as we feel the similarity in the topics aren't sufficiently different to merit an additional sub-forum. I've added a link so all previous Daily Updates and Finds threads can be found together for the time being, though it's a little ugly and messy so I might remove it at some point. :P

Secondly, we feel that the Blogs is a very underused sub-forum (with a lot of threads not getting seen or replied to all that often) and a large part of this reason may be because it's quite hidden down the page, so it's been moved higher up to give it a bit more visibility on the forum.

Also, after over two months without a post it felt like the right time to retire the House Cup 2016 sub-forum and merge it back into Games and Competitions, though all House Cup 2016 threads can be viewed together in the link. I might create a link for Mafia there too at some point.

It's been done on a trial basis and is entirely reversible if needs be, but any feedback would be much appreciated! :)

Oh, and Jack's also been bugging me to add the link to the chat for mobile on the main index page, so that's been done too.

thaprot
taproot the grumpy cat

Unread postby Unseasoned Chicken » 11th November, 2016, 7:09 pm

Hey can we get non-American/U.K moderators please! Brexit and Trump have proven their decision making skills to be sub-par and I wholeheartedly believe we deserve better!
Twink enthusiast
Unseasoned Chicken
Is shaking

First name: Ethan
Likes received: 648

Unread postby Jacketh » 11th November, 2016, 7:16 pm

Ethan™ wrote:Hey can we get non-American/U.K moderators please! Brexit and Trump have proven their decision making skills to be sub-par and I wholeheartedly believe we deserve better!

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
Jacketh
Admin

Unread postby Unseasoned Chicken » 11th November, 2016, 7:36 pm

Twink enthusiast
Unseasoned Chicken
Is shaking

First name: Ethan
Likes received: 648

Unread postby rxxli » 12th November, 2016, 7:48 am

I like the new changes. I think they make a lot of sense.

But there is one major change that seems to be stuck... new theme? When are we making it default? What about the logo for it?
rxxli
The Defender of Europe

First name: Andrej
Likes received: 53

PreviousNext

Recently active