holding hand in public

Discuss sexuality, whether your own or someone else's.

Re: holding hand in public

Unread postby Amadeus » 11th January, 2018, 10:54 pm

aldwych wrote:
Amadeus wrote:I do it sometimes (holding hand with my same sex partner).
Not as I'm embarrassed, but I don't like dragging attention to me (or my ). So we don't do it so often.

Which city do you live in?

Sweden.
Last edited by Amadeus on 14th January, 2018, 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No way to contact me anymore. I'm out.
Amadeus
Go Gay Or Go Home

First name: Amadeus
Likes received: 15

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby WinterIsHere » 12th January, 2018, 9:57 am

I think it could be a really affectionate gesture as long as it doesn't make anyone involved uncomfortable.

My best friend and I hold hands from time to time in public because we have done so since we can remember. Although I have the biggest crush on him we are (for now) just friends. Growing up in a small town, people give us weird looks ever so often but they know us and mostly just think it's weirdly touchy behavior. Luckily, no one has called us out on it or judged us for it, though.

To me, it's a gesture of closeness or dedication and not necessarily a sexual or romantic thing.
WinterIsHere

First name: Caron
Likes received: 3

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby aldwych » 16th January, 2018, 4:59 am

WinterIsHere wrote:I think it could be a really affectionate gesture as long as it doesn't make anyone involved uncomfortable.

My best friend and I hold hands from time to time in public because we have done so since we can remember. Although I have the biggest crush on him we are (for now) just friends. Growing up in a small town, people give us weird looks ever so often but they know us and mostly just think it's weirdly touchy behavior. Luckily, no one has called us out on it or judged us for it, though.

To me, it's a gesture of closeness or dedication and not necessarily a sexual or romantic thing.

Your best friend is gay or straight? If he is straight, does he know you are gay?
aldwych

First name: deniz

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby TheHalfrican » 16th January, 2018, 3:01 pm

My hands are too warm for that. I've tried and it its just really uncomfortable for all parties involved. :lol: But I do love the similar one-armed link. Its so adorable and I'm always the one holding the other person's arm and it just feels like you fit, you know?
Also you get to steal grabs at their muscles, but that's off the record. :devil:
TheHalfrican

First name: Jake
Likes received: 6

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby WinterIsHere » 17th January, 2018, 12:21 am

aldwych wrote:
WinterIsHere wrote:I think it could be a really affectionate gesture as long as it doesn't make anyone involved uncomfortable.

Your best friend is gay or straight? If he is straight, does he know you are gay?

He is straight-ish. He is currently seeing a girl but we are unnaturally (or rather unusually and fortunately) close.
He is the reason I am pretty sure I am into guys rather than girls and I really care for him.

I never explicitly told him but we have had frequent close encounters. Like holding hands, an adorable kiss on the cheek, or cuddling is nothing unusual for us. One time we casually hooked up but didn't go all the way. He doesn't want to talk about it, though.

Given all this, I am sure he knows :D
WinterIsHere

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby aldwych » 17th January, 2018, 2:32 pm

WinterIsHere wrote:
aldwych wrote:

He is straight-ish. He is currently seeing a girl but we are unnaturally (or rather unusually and fortunately) close.
He is the reason I am pretty sure I am into guys rather than girls and I really care for him.

I never explicitly told him but we have had frequent close encounters. Like holding hands, an adorable kiss on the cheek, or cuddling is nothing unusual for us. One time we casually hooked up but didn't go all the way. He doesn't want to talk about it, though.

Given all this, I am sure he knows :D

Are you in completely closet? Or some friends know you are gay, but not him?
aldwych

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby WinterIsHere » 30th January, 2018, 7:37 pm

aldwych wrote:
WinterIsHere wrote:
aldwych wrote:

Given all this, I am sure he knows

Are you in completely closet? Or some friends know you are gay, but not him?

I've never told anyone. It took me a while to even realize what is going on between us before I realized I had a crush on him, just because we are so used to being really close since we were young.

He's still seeing a girl, so I force myself to distance myself but close encounters still happen from time to time...
It's rough.
WinterIsHere

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby ikspulsniac » 14th March, 2018, 9:05 am

As a closeted gay, I'm very wary of my surroundings. I only do it when I'm absolutely certain I see nobody that I know.
ikspulsniac

First name: Cain

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Russell » 15th March, 2018, 11:19 am

Not often. I don't really see the point of being so overt in PDA. Like even when you walk down the streets seeing hetro couples holding hands is a rarity, so I don't see the need to rub in the fact and be so blatant when it comes to affections. At the end of the day, who I love is noone else's business, if I want to hold my boyfriends hand, I will, but generally I see no need.
I'm not arrogant. I'm just better than you.
--------
Death is lighter than a feather; duty heavier than a mountain.
Russell
Heart of a Chilf, Soul of a Dragon

First name: Spaceman
Likes received: 44

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby aldwych » 29th April, 2018, 9:04 pm

Russell wrote:Not often. I don't really see the point of being so overt in PDA. Like even when you walk down the streets seeing hetro couples holding hands is a rarity, so I don't see the need to rub in the fact and be so blatant when it comes to affections. At the end of the day, who I love is noone else's business, if I want to hold my boyfriends hand, I will, but generally I see no need.

I don't think holding your partner's hand means that you are so overt in PDA. Is holding hand even considered PDA in the straight world? I don't think it is. But in the gay world, even the small touch on your partner is considered PDA. And it is not stigmatised by just straight people, it is stigmatised by gay people as well.

And i am surprised you said seeing straight couples holding hands is rare. Even in my little town of my conservative country (Turkey), straight couple holding hands is very common. But even in the big cities of the most liberal countries, gay couple holding hands is very rare.

It looks like gay people feel comfortable by holding hands only in gay villages, gay bars or pride.
aldwych

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Previous

Recently active