Been seeing a guy since February. Nothing has happened yet?

Discuss sexuality, whether your own or someone else's.

Been seeing a guy since February. Nothing has happened yet?

Unread postby scotty19 » 2nd July, 2017, 9:05 am

Hey! I'm 24, a guy (I'm bi, and only came out at the start of this year). I know this probably sounds funny as I'd never have expected it, but I met someone on Tinder. We got chatting, and arranged to meet up.

We first met a week after speaking in February. He was away at Uni until last week, but now lives in the same city as me. I met up with him in his Uni town (it was only a 40 min train journey) around 3 or 4 times. I've met up with him locally 3 times, and we went out together last night.

But I'm not sure where it's all going. How many dates do people usually have? I've never had a relationship. It just feels like we've been speaking for a long time and I'd love to be in a relationship with him. I hinted to him last night "I'd love you to be my boyfriend" and he said "well... i'm boyfriend material" but there was nothing more.

I have hinted a few times but I don't want to push him away or make him feel uneasy or like I keep going on.

He introduced me to his best friend last night and after a while, his best friend said to me "you'd both seem like a really cute couple". Last night, the guy I'm seeing also put a picture on his snapchat story of us both with 3 hearts. I sent it to a friend of mine and he said we looked really cute together.

Where do you think this is going? We kissed loads last night too and I just loved his company and didn't want to go home. His friend noticed us kiss too (I don't make it obvious... I'm quite discreet!).

Thank you x
scotty19

Re: Been seeing a guy since February. Nothing has happened yet?

Unread postby Kaspar » 2nd July, 2017, 4:44 pm

I think that everything is going well with you two, my friend :) Some people just don't like jumping into the deep water right away, they prefer getting to know the person and going slowly. Your boyfriend *ekhm* close friend *ekhm* :) seems to take things slowly. If you do enjoy talking with him and if you guys are regularly meeting, kissing, introducing to friends, then it means he wants to be together. If you want to make it official, speak with him the next time and be straightforward :P It will go well, you'll see! :heart: I wish you guys the best :heart:
Proudly, the Captain of team Spirited Away
House Cup 2017

mattyk wrote:You are indeed all-round 100% certified awesome!

ImageImage
ImageImage
Kaspar
The Kind Moderator / Lochlan's cat enthusiast

First name: Kacper
Likes received: 361

Team: The Far East

Unread postby Finch » 2nd July, 2017, 7:27 pm

I think it's all going well. As Kaspar said, some people just don't like to move too quickly. Maybe give it a couple of dates. Anyway, his response seems like all but a confirmation of being interested in a relationship (depending on the tone he used). I guess what's most important now is to be conscious and open to cues that tell you that he's feeling ready for an 'official' relationship. I guess a lot of people are afraid of calling it a relationship and calling the 'person they're seeing' their boyfriend, because that entails commitment among other things. That doesn't necessarily mean that he isn't interested though, all I can say is keep it up and soldier on.
I finally found something to put here!

Finch
the mom friend

First name: Joseph
Likes received: 59

Unread postby Pity » 2nd July, 2017, 7:34 pm

Well, you did say he just start living in the same city as you, so I think it's reasonable for things to have been casual because you had to travel more to meet with him and with shorter visits. But yeah, to me, it all appears to be going fine. I don't really think becoming boyfriends happens in a day, so I don't know if there is much need to ask him out of the blue. Just keep going on dates every so often and then maybe you too will become an official couple. Best of luck and fingers crossed :)
Pity
hotty & disgraced member

First name: Marcus
Likes received: 489

Team: The Wild West

Unread postby Auralnauts » 20th July, 2017, 2:15 am

Have you tried touching his pee-pee?

"Gives the best advice"
-No one
Auralnauts
No interesting title here.

Likes received: 5

Unread postby c70 » 22nd July, 2017, 11:00 pm

I think things are going fine between you two aswell. :) Just give it time. But, if you want to be upfront about it, then I don't think it would end badly. Have fun you two :D
Look I finally got a profile picture :D
c70

First name: Thomas
Likes received: 16

Team: The Wild West

Recently active