Accepting myself

Discuss sexuality, whether your own or someone else's.

Accepting myself

Unread postby DannyBoyX_ » 9th June, 2017, 6:59 pm

Hellow everyone!

I'm now already out to lots of people but I still have troubles accepting myself somehow. It's just, I don't feel okay I don't feel like its normal. I know I should bc being gay is normal but it feels so lonely like I'm the only one on earth. I get the feeling that people think different about me when they know Im gay while there's nothing I can do about it.

Its feels like a curse (not a desease I know) bc I can't think of anything positive about being gay/different.

:dunno: :runaway:
DannyBoyX_

First name: Robin
Likes received: 2

Re: Accepting myself

Unread postby Pity » 9th June, 2017, 7:15 pm

I think a lot of us can relate to feeling lonely or disadvantaged because we are lesbian, gay, or bi. Try to meet others at school; surely, someone has to know another gay guy you can get to know! It’s inportant to realize that there are also closeted people near you, so you’re definitely not alone. I hope everything goes well!
Pity
hotty & disgraced member

First name: Marcus
Likes received: 491

Team: The Wild West

Unread postby Unseasoned Chicken » 9th June, 2017, 7:58 pm

As Pity said its definitely something all of us go through and feel at some stage so its completely normal, joining this site is a great way to help deal with it as there's lots and lots of other gays xD
Twink enthusiast
Unseasoned Chicken
Is shaking

First name: Ethan
Likes received: 649

Unread postby DannyBoyX_ » 9th June, 2017, 8:17 pm

Ω wrote:As Pity said its definitely something all of us go through and feel at some stage so its completely normal, joining this site is a great way to help deal with it as there's lots and lots of other gays xD

Yeah I already expected that in a gay forum :P But still I keep having that feeling I'm not normal
DannyBoyX_

First name: Robin
Likes received: 2

Unread postby KrisCross » 9th June, 2017, 8:21 pm

You are definitely not alone. A lot of young gay people struggle with those feelings at your age, but like Ethan said, maybe this site can help you deal with it, one way or another! It certainly did for me when I was in your position.

There actually is something you can do when ignorant people think differently about you because of your sexuality: realizing it doesn't matter. It's easier said than done, but you'll get there! Part of growing into your own skin is figuring out that others' opinions affect them more than they do you.

I could tell you about all the positive sides I experienced to growing up gay, but I hope and believe you will experience your own! Cause honestly, nobody is normal. :hug:
KrisCross
Senior Moderator

Likes received: 244

Unread postby Littlenorthernboy » 9th June, 2017, 9:06 pm

Well, it can take time to adjust into not-caring-about-it mode. This is common thing to occur, you'll eventually get past this overthinking stage. Really, it's just a phase :keke:
Littlenorthernboy

Likes received: 29

Unread postby Infinity2 » 2nd September, 2017, 1:52 pm

I felt the same way, I struggled for years to accept myself and even I had the thought that some horrible deity had cursed me to a life of nothing but pain and suffering because I liked guys.

But, an amazing person gave me a piece of advice that I always follow: BE YOURSELF.

You want to express your sexuality, go right ahead!
Dress differently, get a piecing/tattoo, change your hair. its your life!

You want to date, go right ahead!
it will make you feel so much better about yourself!

Bullies won't leave you alone? press charges!
your school will be on their asses so fast it's not funny!

Schools doesn't accept you? f--k them!
you shouldn't care what they think, you'll always be the better person.

follow the advice on this forum, don't EVER feel upset because of your sexuality.
EMBRACE THE LOVE, EMBRACE THE GAY

You'll always be perfect :)
Infinity2

Likes received: 3

Recently active
Users browsing this forum: Alexa [Bot], Bing [Bot], CommonCrawl [Bot], Gantrypengy, GaycrazyBoi, Google AppEngine, Google Search Appliance, Orlandn123, Sogou [Spider], The-pink-crusader, wolbre04 and 752 guests