Talking around your Parents

Discuss sexuality, whether your own or someone else's.

Talking around your Parents

Unread postby TheGayOne » 17th May, 2017, 11:28 am

Obviously, well most people, speak differently around their friends than when they are with their Parents and this quite possibly includes your sexuality.

I know myself that I don't as I feel really uncomfortable when anything gay happens I just want to leave.

So my question is does anyone else feel like this and does anyone know why?
TheGayOne

First name: K

Team: The Wild West

Re: Talking around your Parents

Unread postby Pity » 17th May, 2017, 2:04 pm

I don't really talk about sexuality at all with friends or family, but if you're in the closet, I think leaving the conversation only makes you seem guilty of something. I think it's best to try to change the subject if it makes you uncomfortable. Like, if someone said "Isn't that girl hot?" you could "She looks like she's from Brazil. I heard the beaches are really nice there."
Pity
hotty & disgraced member

First name: Marcus
Likes received: 489

Unread postby MCarr » 17th May, 2017, 2:53 pm

I feel super uncomfortable too when someone addresses a theme related with sexuality. Just the other day, one of my friends said she would like to have a gay friend, because they would have lots of things in common to talk about. This made me feel awkward. Also worried because before she said this we passed by a tennis court and there was this hot shirtless man playing( I'm not kidding) and I might have stared :err:
"I hate the word homophobia. It's not a phobia. You are not scared. You are an asshole"

MCarr
I won a bet with Kaspar

First name: Miguel
Likes received: 160

Unread postby Elgar » 18th May, 2017, 12:52 pm

Like many other people, my mom is very uncomfortableto talk about sexual stuff with me. And this just because I've already had relationships (or sort of it) with boys and girls .

Once she told me, to speak openly about sex, not sure if I was hetero- or homosexual.
As I told her, that I'm bisexual and had already sex iduring my two last "relationships" (with a boy and a girl), she couldn't talk about it.

She didn't see that coming, iguess. So, as I once entered my room, I saw a note on my bed. Mom wrote:

"You don't need to talk that openly about your sexual life.
And please, always use condoms.

Mom"

Since then, we never talked about sex again.
Elgar

Likes received: 1

Unread postby Littlenorthernboy » 19th May, 2017, 4:25 pm

Elgar wrote:Like many other people, my mom is very uncomfortableto talk about sexual stuff with me. And this just because I've already had relationships (or sort of it) with boys and girls .

Once she told me, to speak openly about sex, not sure if I was hetero- or homosexual.
As I told her, that I'm bisexual and had already sex iduring my two last "relationships" (with a boy and a girl), she couldn't talk about it.

She didn't see that coming, iguess. So, as I once entered my room, I saw a note on my bed. Mom wrote:

"You don't need to talk that openly about your sexual life.
And please, always use condoms.

Mom"

Since then, we never talked about sex again.

I guess she meant that it's not her business whom you have sex with, but if you need advice in general she'd be helping
Littlenorthernboy

Likes received: 29

Unread postby Henry » 21st May, 2017, 8:30 pm

I often tease my mother whenever an attractive male is on sight. That's how I remind her about my sexuality. Other than that, we don't talk about sexuality because both of us will be mad by the end of the conversation.
Henry

Likes received: 1

Unread postby Uriah090 » 16th August, 2017, 11:39 pm

I have the same feeling for the generation gap.
Last edited by Uriah090 on 25th September, 2017, 10:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Uriah090

Unread postby c70 » 19th August, 2017, 12:37 am

Im out to my parents. I might point out a guy that looks really hot or cute to my mom. But not really to my dad. They are both accepting. But we dont talk about my sexuality much.
Look I finally got a profile picture :D
c70

First name: Thomas
Likes received: 16

Unread postby The-pink-crusader » 22nd August, 2017, 6:23 am

My mom literally watches Game Of Thrones and West World and asks (literally every single male character) if I find them hot... it kind of get's on my nerves but it's fine because she does the same thing to my sister... my mom is weird
The-pink-crusader

Likes received: 3

Unread postby (un)creative » 23rd August, 2017, 1:02 am

I don't talk about sexuality with my parents, regardless of mine. It just makes me feel uncomfortable. Topics like that don't come up during conversations with my friends, why would they.
(un)creative

First name: André
Likes received: 17

Team: The Far East

Unread postby Infinity2 » 24th August, 2017, 4:00 pm

I feel it's the same, as long as they don't catch me with someone they don't care what the hell I do
Infinity2

Likes received: 3

Unread postby Wayde » 29th August, 2017, 9:28 pm

Well, my parents tried to send me to gay conversion therapy so... I am avoiding the subject for now :rofl2:
Wayde
A Witty User Title™

First name: Wayde
Likes received: 17

Team: The Far East

Recently active
Users browsing this forum: Ahrefs [Bot], Alexa [Bot], Bing [Bot], CameronAus, Cobalt, CommonCrawl [Bot], DotNetDotCom.org [Bot], Elapsed Time, Google Search Appliance, jewnaruto, Proximic [Bot], Woollyhoolly and 829 guests