I really need some help

Discuss sexuality, whether your own or someone else's.

I really need some help

Unread postby anthony_p1 » 11th March, 2017, 12:33 am

I have liked this one guy for over a year now and i still have no clue if he is even gay. I mean he seems like he could be gay but you really never know. I have been friends with him for a very long time but i really like him. And if he isnt gay, how do i get over it. My friends know that i like him and they now how depressed i would be if he isnt even gay. :wtc:
Last edited by anthony_p1 on 11th March, 2017, 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Forgot something
anthony_p1

First name: Anthony

Re: I really need some help

Unread postby Pity » 11th March, 2017, 1:02 am

Ah, don't worry. Most of here have had to deal with the whole straight-boy crush along with the wishful thinking. If he seems gay, ask him or his friends; that's all I can tell you based on the information you've given. There's no clear way of getting over it, honestly. Either try to find reasons not to be romantically attracted to him or find a gay guy to get all googly-eyed over.

Best of luck :)
Pity
hotty & disgraced member

First name: Marcus
Likes received: 361

Team: How To Train Your Dragon

Unread postby anthony_p1 » 11th March, 2017, 1:19 am

Pity wrote:Ah, don't worry. Most of here have had to deal with the whole straight-boy crush along with the wishful thinking. If he seems gay, ask him or his friends; that's all I can tell you based on the information you've given. There's no clear way of getting over it, honestly. Either try to find reasons not to be romantically attracted to him or find a gay guy to get all googly-eyed over.

Best of luck :)
Thanks... I just really wish there was an ultimate way to tell if someone is gay or not :(
anthony_p1

Unread postby Jaccob2001 » 11th March, 2017, 2:19 am

anthony_p1 wrote:I just really wish there was an ultimate way to tell if someone is gay or not :(

I wish we could all read each other's minds instead, haha. Anyway, heya anthony_p1.

If he's not gay I don't think you'll get over him per se. Why? Well, my parents still remember their first highschool crushes and it's been light years since they were my age. Meaning you'll probably love again and one day someone will love you back in the same way and maybe the two of you will bring a cute son into the world and when he asks you really nicely to buy him a Nintendo Switch you'll start reminiscing about your first crush instead of getting it for him. So brace yourself, it's gonna hurt if he breaks your heart but it's not gonna hurt forever. <3
Jaccob2001

First name: Jaccob
Likes received: 5

Unread postby Kaspar » 11th March, 2017, 7:23 am

Jaccob2001 wrote:[...] my parents still remember their first highschool crushes and it's been light years since they were [...]

*ekhm* light years are distance measurements *ekhm*

On topic: Firstly, you should know for sure if he is or is not gay. Ask friends that you mentioned, look for signs etc. There is a pinned topic in advice subforum with a guide to crushes, I recommend it, its very thorough, helped me too: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=47534 If it turns out he is not gay, the most important thing is not to attach to him. Realize that your life does not depend on this person, find some attention taking hobby to get him off your mind. Good luck! :)
Last edited by Kaspar on 11th March, 2017, 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added the link

Proudly, the Captain of team Spirited Away
House Cup 2017
Kaspar
Gay Jesus

First name: Kacper
Likes received: 210

Team: Spirited Away

Unread postby Ethán » 11th March, 2017, 7:26 am

Yeh what everyone else has said and perhaps try to find a new preferably gay guy to obsess over instead =P
Vice Captain of 2016 House Cup champions Team Middle Earth

Ethán
House Cup Host Farquaad

First name: Ethan
Likes received: 475

Unread postby anthony_p1 » 11th March, 2017, 8:31 am

Jaccob2001 wrote:
anthony_p1 wrote:I just really wish there was an ultimate way to tell if someone is gay or not :(

I wish we could all read each other's minds instead, haha. Anyway, heya anthony_p1.

If he's not gay I don't think you'll get over him per se. Why? Well, my parents still remember their first highschool crushes and it's been light years since they were my age. Meaning you'll probably love again and one day someone will love you back in the same way and maybe the two of you will bring a cute son into the world and when he asks you really nicely to buy him a Nintendo Switch you'll start reminiscing about your first crush instead of getting it for him. So brace yourself, it's gonna hurt if he breaks your heart but it's not gonna hurt forever. <3

This is pretty helpful ;) This is wishful thinking but do you know some ways to tell if he's gay. I know that its very impossible to tell but i just don't want to straight up (no pun intended) ask him if hes gay or not
anthony_p1

Unread postby Jaccob2001 » 11th March, 2017, 10:49 am

Jaccob2001

First name: Jaccob
Likes received: 5

Recently active