Taking a Break From a Relationship

Discuss sexuality, whether your own or someone else's.

Taking a Break From a Relationship

Unread postby Rainbrojacob » 24th December, 2016, 5:16 pm

First off, happy holidays to everyone! I haven't posted in awhile because of how busy I am. Anyways, I was lucky enough to get a boyfriend back in September who lived about 2 hours away from me. The distance wasn't really an issue but he's in his first year of college and he got a second job (seasonal) while I was dating him. Fast forward to November, he starts saying he feels like he's jumping boarders to make me happy and that its too much for him. He's super busy so I ask him to send me his schedules so I can see when I can talk to him or hang out with him. This caused a lot of pressure for him because sometimes he just wants time to himself, I didn't understand that until I guess I pushed it to far. He said he wanted some time alone and that I deserved more. It really disturbed me that he said that, even if I do deserve more I really loved our connection and I wasn't ready to throw that out the window. About a week later I texted him asking how he was and he replied "its only been a week, I said I needed time alone, Jesus." We never set ground rules or timeframes and I haven't spoken to him since November. I really want to contact him and ask if we can set some ground rules but he probably wont reply, or he might say something like "talking to me will only push me further away." If you think I should ask to set some rules give some examples of what to say. Thanks. :rip:
Rainbrojacob

First name: Victor

Re: Taking a Break From a Relationship

Unread postby Pity » 24th December, 2016, 6:01 pm

I think you have to understand that he is frustrated with the distance. Two hours is a lot, especially when he has a job and is in his first year of college. While it may not be an issue for you, I definitely understand that he wants to be able to have time for himself since he seems to have a busy schedule. You should tell him that you love him and hopes he feels the same way, but you will allow him the time to think the relationship over. As for "rules," I don't really get the point of them.

On a light note, if my boyfriend had the nerve to end a sentence with ", Jesus." he would blocked in 0.5 seconds. Ain't no bitch gonna use the Lord's name in vain to give me an attitude SMH.
Pity
hotty & disgraced member

First name: Jesse
Likes received: 246

Unread postby idktho » 24th December, 2016, 7:57 pm

My boyfriend is also busy. He is in his first year of college and he is also working too. We got the same frustration. Nowadays it is so hard for us to meet. I do understand that maybe your boyfriend needed some time because his schedule is hella tight and yeah two hours is too much for him.
I don't know what to do with the rules since it seems like he doesn't want to cooperate in a conversation. Maybe buying him some chocolates or something he likes with a letter saying that you're sorry and you misses him a lot will work?
For solitude is not the worst but stagnation
Crazy ; unable to go insane
Broken ; can't be shattered
Thus, the entwining vines are gone ...
idktho

Likes received: 7

Unread postby Rainbrojacob » 24th December, 2016, 10:35 pm

idktho wrote:My boyfriend is also busy. He is in his first year of college and he is also working too. We got the same frustration. Nowadays it is so hard for us to meet. I do understand that maybe your boyfriend needed some time because his schedule is hella tight and yeah two hours is too much for him.
I don't know what to do with the rules since it seems like he doesn't want to cooperate in a conversation. Maybe buying him some chocolates or something he likes with a letter saying that you're sorry and you misses him a lot will work?

I have the time to drive and see him, he doesn't need to drive here if we want to meet. I think sending him something might make him want to talk to me. Actually, he loves cars and has a really nice 2014 Camaro, I got a Dodge Charger right after the break started and I think if I post it on Instagram or something he might think I've matured abit. My best idea is to have him miss me but ive blocked him on most social media because it hurts too much to see him. Thanks for the feedback.
Rainbrojacob

Unread postby idktho » 24th December, 2016, 10:56 pm

Man that is so sad. :(
I hope for the best for your relationship, though. A friend of mine said that one of the hardest part in a relationship is in college. So little time for cuddly-duddly, especially if you both are living far from each other, but she is able to overcome that obstacle and happy with her girlfriend now.
Good luck!
For solitude is not the worst but stagnation
Crazy ; unable to go insane
Broken ; can't be shattered
Thus, the entwining vines are gone ...
idktho

Likes received: 7

Unread postby User93 » 3rd March, 2017, 1:39 pm

I don't know what's your current situation but I'm deeply sorry of what you went through... but somehow, it feels that it's better for you. Maybe is the old-fashioned conception that makes me think that if you do love someone, you'll find out time even to cross the ocean, besides... this guy seemed to have some sort of attitude on you. In my opinion, you're too good for that douche.
User93

Likes received: 1

Unread postby Jedikiah » 6th March, 2017, 11:14 am

First off, my condolences. Second, hopefully you will find someone else who will love you as much as he did or even more. And 3rd, unless youve been cheated on twice within a month then u dont know true pain.
Sinceriously,
Jedikiah
Jedikiah

First name: Jed
Likes received: 11

Unread postby Rainbrojacob » 10th March, 2017, 2:34 am

Update: in January I gave him a call and apparently he said the text was a break up text. I got on his back for being pathetic and not breaking up with me in person. I also rambled on about how emotionally torn I was about him. The call ended badly and we haven't talked since. I still don't have closure and it was a really bad breakup. I was called immature and annoying for trying to get in contact with him during the "break" but the whole misunderstanding turned things sour. thanks for all the advice and I hope you guys can learn from my mistakes. Keep your head up and don't look back.
Rainbrojacob

Recently active