Discuss sexuality, whether your own or someone else's.

Re: Marriage

Unread postby SimplySweete » 13th December, 2016, 3:05 am

Would you want to be married?

Yes

Would you take your partner's name or add it onto yours?
I wouldn't really know. I would probably hyphenate it or something like that. I feel like that would be a conversation you would have with your partner before getting married.

Do you think it's for life?
You know I don't know. I've seen many great examples in my life of what marriage looks like and it gives me hope that I can have the same thing. My parents have been together for over 20 years now so it gives me hope. But there are other examples such as my aunt who has been married for a short time but is stuck in a marriage that no one can figure out if it makes sense or not.
SimplySweete

Unread postby AlexAkri » 27th January, 2017, 9:18 am

I personally believe that there are a couple reasons to marriage. 1. Tradition 2. Insecurity
Now u may ask "how can someone be insecure with getting married"? Well it's more about how they need to feel that the relationship is official and not just an open relationship that could possible be broken up. If u and ur partner truly love each other, than you don't need a label to tell u that. I use to see myself being married in the future but I now realized that true love does not come from a piece of paper or ceremony, it comes from the connection and attraction that you and your partner love about each other, which is when a realitionship is truly official in my eyes.
AlexAkri

First name: Alexander
Likes received: 1

Unread postby Kaydence18 » 2nd March, 2017, 4:21 pm

I always had dreams/fantasies about my ex and I getting married. I would do a hyphenated last name preferably and yeah marriage is sacred IMO. I'd take the commitment seriously. When I think of a real marriage its a partnership that only ends with death... Like traditional vows etc... I'm single right now seeing someone but not officially a relationship so there's no

commitment.
Kaydence18

First name: Kayden

Unread postby Sturgis » 2nd March, 2017, 5:41 pm

I do want to be married. Do I want to take the last name of my husband? Ehh probably not, and I don't want my boyfriend to take my name. If I were to marry my boyfriend and take the last name or vice-versa, it would be odd.
Sturgis
Address me as: Jimmy Neutron or JAKEPOP

Likes received: 34

Unread postby Jedikiah » 6th March, 2017, 10:56 am

Liam wrote:Would you want to be married?
Yes, I know that I want to be married to the person I'm going to spend the rest of my life with. I may be a little cheesy (hence my usertitle) but I know I'm going to want to be married. Now it's not my ultimate goal in life, but it's something I want in my future. I want to have a husband, a house, kids, a dog, and just be settled down with everything. I of course want time to be wild, explore the world, etc. but after that, the idea of settling down with somebody I love, is calming to me.

Would you take your partner's name or add it onto yours?
Hmmm, I haven't really thought about that. I for one don't like the idea of losing my last name, but I don't want my husband to have to give up his either. My last name is rather long tho so combining names may be a bit of a mouthful. I think it would really depend on who I was with, and what both our thoughts are.
Do you think it's for life?
Yes 100% yes. For me if I am getting married, I'm staying with that person for life. I am making the choice to spend the rest of my life with them, because it is something I want to do. Obviously marriage doesn't always turn out that way, but I know that for me I am going to be fully committed. I want to believe it is always for life, but that's just not the truth, but for me it will be. (I don't mean that as my marriage is gonna completely work the first time, because I can't predict that, but I know that I'm not going to give up)

Liam summed up my thoughts for me. Thanks mate. I would probably lose my last name even tho its three letters long, literally, but i hate it. Also i dont believe in true love.
Sinceriously,
Jedikiah
Jedikiah

First name: Jed
Likes received: 11

Unread postby Jedikiah » 6th March, 2017, 11:08 am

I do wanna add on tho. Yes I do want to get married but it seems like even now (and i know i am JUST 16), Im very iffy about dating since i was cheated on twice. It would be amazing if someone can make me fall back and just trust him fully. Otherwise, my instincts will tell me to leave him but again, instinct is just a way of your body saying "i hope this is wrong". A lot of guys these days I feel like really just wants to do the steamy stuff. Also if youre good looking or whatever, you have a a higher chance of getting someone. For a not so good looking guy like me, its a lot harder and i have to deal a lot with rejection. Yes I want it to be forever but then again, trust is a big issue since ive been through a very very rough past and all i want is a simple cute, nice tall guy who will move with me to aus and ya. Is that too much to ask? Probably. Also if his last name is long af or fucking hard to pronounce, i aint taking his last name. Imma just leave both of last names unchanged.
Sinceriously,
Jedikiah
Jedikiah

First name: Jed
Likes received: 11

Unread postby Patrixen » 6th March, 2017, 12:18 pm

Like anybody ever would like to date me, talk about marrying me xddd

But honestly I don't know, whenever I think of the marriage thingy, I just wonder if it's really that necessary for two people to be happy together
Patrixen

First name: Patryk
Likes received: 12

Unread postby Cobalt » 6th March, 2017, 12:27 pm

Dessy wrote:Personally I'm kind of a fan of the "Carter-Knowles" naming style

It's Knowles-Carter you fucking ingrate
Cobalt
The Momderator

Likes received: 95

Previous

Recently active