KIDS - Yay or Nay?

Discuss sexuality, whether your own or someone else's.

KIDS

Yay (I'd prefer them to be mine biologically)
30%
Yay (I don't care either way)
31%
No
22%
Unsure
18%

Total votes : 130

Re: KIDS - Yay or Nay?

Unread postby Nostalgia » 3rd March, 2016, 4:44 pm

I'm sorry if this shocks you but it's my own belief and you ain't going to change that.
but...

I DO WANT CHILDREN :keke:
Last edited by Nostalgia on 3rd March, 2016, 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I am one with the Force. The Force is with me”
― Chirrut Îmwe
Nostalgia
Controversial

First name: Miguel
Likes received: 3

Unread postby Roulé 305 » 3rd March, 2016, 4:52 pm

I don't want children. They just never really appealed to me, even though people say I'm good with them.
Roulé 305
formerly TheNerdInABowTie

First name: Rory
Likes received: 34

Team: The Wild West

Unread postby Mawd » 3rd March, 2016, 5:09 pm

Nostalgia wrote:I'm sorry if this shocks you but it's my own belief and you ain't going to change that.

Much Shocking.

Such Wow.
Mawd
Appearing to Disappear; Community Ambassador

First name: Max
Likes received: 111

Unread postby Dennis » 3rd March, 2016, 5:15 pm

I have no idea, I always imagined it when I thought about my future when I still thought I was straight but since I've known I'm gay, I am not sure about it. I like kids and they generally like me but I don't have that feeling that I want one in the future or don't want one. My sister's already kinda offered to carry the baby if I wanted, which is really weird but if I get a kid I might actually want it to be my husband's and hers. Not sure about this either though.
Dennis
Jack's creative hoe

Unread postby Hohenidoom » 3rd March, 2016, 5:16 pm

I have a list of acceptable schools for my children to go to which my boyfriend will have no say in
Fear God and Dread nought
Hohenidoom
dodgy 90s dance guy

Likes received: 49

Unread postby LeafLord » 3rd March, 2016, 5:30 pm

I personally want kids but not till at least late 20s and I'm not sure whether biological or not, like I'd prefer them to be imy blood but opinions change
Also I want to give my kids a good life and I'm fearful of the foster/adoption system due to experiencing the trauma my aunt has to go through with social services
"I might look normal, but I have a lot of potential"

andyb wrote:Fine fine... I'm making being sucked off sound like a chore
LeafLord
The Verdant

First name: Allan
Likes received: 1

Unread postby Callum » 3rd March, 2016, 6:11 pm

I would like a Son mainly (wouldn't mind a daughter). Not now but when I'm in my 30's. I wouldn't adopt one, kids need mothers, there better at looking after kids than us men.

So yeah, I'm most probably not going to have kids because I'm mostly gay (although it does fluctuate), but we'll have to wait and see.
Callum
We Could Be Heroes

First name: Callum

Unread postby Tim. » 3rd March, 2016, 6:29 pm

kids need mothers, there better at looking after kids than us men.

:lol: :facepalm2: stereotyping much?

Tim.
The Southern Moderator

First name: Tim
Likes received: 149

Unread postby BrownjaminBen » 3rd March, 2016, 6:44 pm

I don't want kids, nothing to do with my sexuality, I just don't like them much or all of the hassle they'd bring to my life. Kids seem to love me though which is kind of unfortunate, I'll play along and be nice to them because I'm not an ass but I'm really not a fan at all :lol: Plus I have a family history of so many medical conditions, so if I ever did have kids I'd rather adopt.
ImageImageImage
BrownjaminBen
Here For Your Bentertainment

First name: Ben
Likes received: 11

Team: The Wild West

Popularité Runner-Up

Unread postby Dessy » 3rd March, 2016, 8:13 pm

Hohenidoom wrote:I have a list of acceptable schools for my children to go to which my boyfriend will have no say in

Good luck getting that boyfriend you speak of to agree with this.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Dessy
Moderator Emeriti

First name: Des
Likes received: 307

Unread postby Jacketh » 3rd March, 2016, 8:22 pm

Dessy wrote:
Hohenidoom wrote:I have a list of acceptable schools for my children to go to which my boyfriend will have no say in

:rip:

Can someone explain to me the importance of having them biologically related? I'm curious.
Jacketh
Admin

First name: Jack
Likes received: 627

Unread postby Dessy » 3rd March, 2016, 8:33 pm

Jacketh wrote:
Dessy wrote:

Can someone explain to me the importance of having them biologically related? I'm curious.

Personally it's more of a biological drive, a wish to see me carried on into the future. Idk, would you feel more proud knowing that it was your genes in your son/daughter that helped them to succeed in life and do greater thing?
Of course you could argue that the way you would raise any child, especially adopted, would also be greatly important in their future. It really depends on the person.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Dessy
Moderator Emeriti

First name: Des
Likes received: 307

Unread postby Jacketh » 3rd March, 2016, 9:29 pm

Dessy wrote:
Jacketh wrote:
Dessy wrote:

Personally it's more of a biological drive, a wish to see me carried on into the future. Idk, would you feel more proud knowing that it was your genes in your son/daughter that helped them to succeed in life and do greater thing?.

I feel like it would still be me if I had brought them up
Jacketh
Admin

First name: Jack
Likes received: 627

Unread postby Angelic Haze » 3rd March, 2016, 9:58 pm

I feel like it would still be me if I had brought them up

I'm with Jack on this one. They would most likely take pieces from who you are as they grow older just the same as a biological child would.
Angelic Haze
Naturally Scummy

First name: Kaine
Likes received: 12

Unread postby Thotiana » 4th March, 2016, 12:22 am

I personally want to have kids. I voted for having them biologically but I'm not sure how that works... Do I have like a female carry the egg that is activated or whatever by my sperm? If so I don't think I would go through all the hassle. Maybe in the future if they can find out some ways for two males to have a baby together that share our genes. That would be so cool! I just think that having the baby that is blood related and shares my significant other and my traits and characteristic would be cute. It's like a symbol of our love and it would look like us. But there's also many kids that need a home and I wouldn't mind adopting at all. I love kids and I definitely want to take care of one with my significant other. I think that's the true symbol of love is to raise a child together and see them grow up successfully. This probably sounds super cheesy but I just love kids so much. If not I'll get a dog even though I'm allergic :D
Thotiana
Classy Hoe

First name: Steven
Likes received: 7

Unread postby Finch » 4th March, 2016, 1:05 am

Callum wrote:I wouldn't adopt one, kids need mothers, there better at looking after kids than us men.

That argument is currently being used in the anti-marriage equality debate. Honestly, that's such a stereotype. There are mothers who abandon their children, where gay men who adopt are very unlikely to, since they chose to have a child and knew they were ready for the responsibility.
Anyway, back to the OP, I think the whole 'must have a biological child' thing is antiquated. We no longer live in a society in which the amount of offspring we have defines our success (I should hope). Adoption is much better alternative; it gives a child love, support and a home and doesn't contribute to the overpopulation problem.
I finally found something to put here!

Finch
the mom friend

First name: Joseph
Likes received: 59

Unread postby Finch » 4th March, 2016, 1:12 am

Thotiana wrote:I personally want to have kids. I voted for having them biologically but I'm not sure how that works... Do I have like a female carry the egg that is activated or whatever by my sperm? If so I don't think I would go through all the hassle. Maybe in the future if they can find out some ways for two males to have a baby together that share our genes. That would be so cool! I just think that having the baby that is blood related and shares my significant other and my traits and characteristic would be cute. It's like a symbol of our love and it would look like us. But there's also many kids that need a home and I wouldn't mind adopting at all. I love kids and I definitely want to take care of one with my significant other. I think that's the true symbol of love is to raise a child together and see them grow up successfully. This probably sounds super cheesy but I just love kids so much. If not I'll get a dog even though I'm allergic :D

I realize I'm spamming the thread, but I just wanted to point out that ironically, they have found a way to incorporate more than two people's genes into one embryo, but that's only because they did something with the egg. At it's current phase it still requires both egg and sperm. This was done because there was a 'defect' or something of the like with one woman's eggs, so they replaced a part of one of the membranes and spliced the genes. Unfortuantely, the baby became the subject of a lot of controversy last year, since some people were saying that the baby was unnatural and the whole thing was an act against God.

Finch
the mom friend

Unread postby Thotiana » 4th March, 2016, 1:35 am

Wow that's so interesting, thinking of the future and where science has taken us is just amazing. It seems complicated though. It's certainly a great idea but it does seem like a lot of hassle. I mean... I just want a baby. If it's gonna take that much work I rather adopt. I'm pretty sure no one is that desperate to go through such measures just to have a baby that is biologically related to them. I don't want it to be tough on anyone. The idea seems like it would still need some refining and I wouldn't want anything to mess up. I feel that until there's a common method that is safe and affordable, I would then be more open to the idea under those circumstances. Although ideally, I would want a biological baby. I just don't want anything to go wrong. I'm not religious but the idea is unnatural and complicated and I wouldn't want the baby to be a burden on anyone if something goes wrong. I think the most important part for me is raising a child together and having them biologically related to the both of us is just like the cherry on top.

Also sorry if anything I'm saying is incorrect. I'm just saying what I believe without any prior research. I'm not that knowledgeable on how having biological babies work with same sex couples. The idea is so foreign to me so it makes me somewhat hesitant to go through those procedures. I'm probably a dumb 16 year old anyways so :P Maybe I'll have a clearer mindset when I get older.
Thotiana
Classy Hoe

Unread postby Finch » 4th March, 2016, 2:01 am

Thotiana wrote:Wow that's so interesting, thinking of the future and where science has taken us is just amazing. It seems complicated though. It's certainly a great idea but it does seem like a lot of hassle. I mean... I just want a baby. If it's gonna take that much work I rather adopt. I'm pretty sure no one is that desperate to go through such measures just to have a baby that is biologically related to them. I don't want it to be tough on anyone. The idea seems like it would still need some refining and I wouldn't want anything to mess up. I feel that until there's a common method that is safe and affordable, I would then be more open to the idea under those circumstances. Although ideally, I would want a biological baby. I just don't want anything to go wrong. I'm not religious but the idea is unnatural and complicated and I wouldn't want the baby to be a burden on anyone if something goes wrong. I think the most important part for me is raising a child together and having them biologically related to the both of us is just like the cherry on top.

Also sorry if anything I'm saying is incorrect. I'm just saying what I believe without any prior research. I'm not that knowledgeable on how having biological babies work with same sex couples. The idea is so foreign to me so it makes me somewhat hesitant to go through those procedures. I'm probably a dumb 16 year old anyways so :P Maybe I'll have a clearer mindset when I get older.

Nah my post above wasn't in any way meant to be a criticism on your post. It was merely an observation that scientists have begun research into an area that you might be interested in.

Finch
the mom friend

Unread postby Thotiana » 4th March, 2016, 2:07 am

Yeah of course not. I didn't take it that way sorry if it came off like that. I was actually very interested in your post because I never research about this topic.
Thotiana
Classy Hoe

PreviousNext

Recently active