When did you first start to question your sexuality?

Discuss sexuality, whether your own or someone else's.

When did you first question your sexuality?

Younger than 8
7%
8-10
12%
11-13
57%
14-16
20%
17-19
4%
20+
0%

Total votes : 229

Re: When did you first start to question your sexuality?

Unread postby Alex110 » 31st December, 2015, 10:04 am

I first questioned it at 13 and still am now at 14
odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?
nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
Alex110

First name: Alex

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby connorbaker757 » 5th January, 2016, 8:30 pm

there were times when i questioned it, but oi pushed them away. i was 13 when i really questioned it and started to wonder.
connorbaker757

First name: Connor

Activity levelBased on posting activity in the past two weeks. Tier IV and above grant custom name colours in Discord.
:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby SirSwaggernoff » 6th January, 2016, 12:59 am

When I first started puberty (which was around 11 years old) I sort of knew that deep down I liked guys, but I didn't want to be bullied about it so I tried to hide it from everyone and I started denying it. I even had a few girlfriends, but none of my relationships would last very long because I wasn't attracted to them (no offense to anyone, but girl parts are kind of gross).

I didn't come to terms with my sexuality until the beginning of last year, but I was 13 and I was afraid that if I told anyone they wouldn't take me seriously because I was (and still am) young. But I ended up coming out to my best friend half way through last year and she was awesome about it and really supportive :D I still haven't told my parents but at school now if people have a problem with me I just say something like:

"I'm queer,
I'm here,
Get used to it"
SirSwaggernoff

First name: Brayden

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby thaprot » 6th January, 2016, 2:30 am

I was 19. A bit slow on the uptake, really. I was aware that I was attracted to guys and liked to look at them but I thought that was just normal, and just people didn't talk about it. :dunno: Had what were, in hindsight, crushes on guys but never twigged, always just assumed I would eventually meet a girl who I'd fall totally in love with.

It wasn't until I joined here that I realised the way I viewed guys is the way gay guys see guys too, and the way most guys see women. I'd never talked to anyone gay before and I fully believe that without this forum, I would still be in the closet and in denial. This place literally changed my life.
My inbox is always open, feel free to PM me if you need a friendly face, some advice or just fancy a chat! :)

Similarly, if you need any moddy stuff done and nobody is online, PMs to me send a direct email to my phone so I'll do my best to help ASAP.

Jacketh wrote:Oh, damn. Ignore me. Listen to Josh.
thaprot
taproot the grumpy cat

First name: Josh
Likes received: 4

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby 24oceans » 6th January, 2016, 9:21 pm

Like many other young boys I was obsessed with superheroes but around the age of 10 I started to realize I liked them because they were very attractive. also I wanted to see them nekkid
24oceans

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Charon » 7th January, 2016, 12:25 am

I started thinking about it when I was 9, and then knew for sure when I was 11.
Charon

First name: Joel

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby ikspuls » 22nd April, 2016, 7:02 am

I believe that I have evolved to find true happiness with my sexual orientation. For the longest time, I was "straight." Obviously this was in elementary school when I wasn't exposed to nudity at all yet. It wasn't until halfway through 6th grade I saw a girl naked.
Funny story. It was a complete accident. My science lab partner (female) had a project to do at home. So I went over to her house. Her mom opened the door and let me in, without telling the girl. So she told me to go upstairs and find my partner. Turns out, she was actually masturbating. She and I were completely embarrassed and I just left right afterwards. She was one of those pretty girls I liked, but after seeing her naked, I began to question if girls looked like that naked. Needless to say, they do and I was not pleased with what I saw.
Ironically, one week later, my PE class had a chance to go swimming in our pool. This was my first time that I saw other guys naked, including my first guy crush, Tyler Noonan. After seeing them naked, I knew that I preferred guys over girls. Furthermore, my attraction for girls slowly died one year later.
-Jordan, the gay football star
ikspuls

First name: Jordan

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby MojoMann » 24th April, 2016, 11:47 am

After dozens of crushes on girls I didn't really like, I realized. I was 13 and a half then. I've been feeling attracted to boys every since (a year and 8 months)...
"Is today tomorrow New Zealand? Baby oil made out of babies?"/"When in doubt, C4."/"If got a crap on deck that could joke a donkey!"/"I AM the danger, skylar. I am the one who knocks!"/"I'm an army doctor which means I can break every bone in your body while naming them"

Who Am I? (to disagree) | My Personal Story
MojoMann
Toby Larone

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Sion » 14th May, 2016, 5:01 pm

I never questioned it; by the time I comprehended how sexuality worked I'd already knew I was gay. I never thought I was a bit straight or anything. 100% gay all the way

And I love every bit of it.
No gods, no masters.

Tim. wrote:girls are icky

"You're gay? Allow me to hate you under the guidance of a 2000 year old book!*

GAY ASF
Sion

First name: Robert

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby okaytobedifferent » 18th May, 2016, 7:09 pm

For me I started to feel sexual attraction to other guys at 13 and I thought it was a phase but then at 14 I found myself starting to want a relationship with a guy, it became for me much more about the emotions, and for me that is what did it :)
okaytobedifferent

First name: Jack

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Stripy Tiger » 25th May, 2016, 11:33 am

When I was 11 I started to like men a little.

When 12 this became stronger, but I tried to deny I was gay.

Early 13s I said was I gay or straight.

Mid 13s am I bi?

End 13s I'm bi.

14 Told a friend, no going back.
Stripy Tiger

Likes received: 1

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby KC2003 » 5th June, 2016, 10:01 pm

Started at 11, girls just did not interest me. But seeing my friends and some older guys and then the internet, I am now pretty sure I am gay. Still haven't done anything but know guys are what I like
Am not happy being a Non-Participant in my chosen field of sexuality!
KC2003

First name: Casey

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby SimplySweete » 6th June, 2016, 5:17 am

Not going to lie, I'm almost 20 years old and I'm still curious about girls from time to time.
SimplySweete

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby Knope » 6th June, 2016, 6:47 pm

I think the moment I really started to doubt it was in 5th grade. We went to a local high school to see a production of H.M.S Pinafore. I saw the lead actor and I was like "Wow. He's not bad at all."
ImageImage
Knope
Westeros' Vice Captain

Likes received: 84

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Popularité Third Place

Unread postby LgbtCherry » 6th June, 2016, 8:12 pm

I originally thought I was bi when I was 11 I tried to date a girl and there was no connection so I discovered I like guys it kind of just popped.
LgbtCherry

First name: Collin

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby ikspulsniac » 14th March, 2018, 11:55 am

I would say I apparently was straight until 13 I think. That was when I has my first gay crush. Until then, I did have plenty of straight crushes actually. After my first gay crush, the crushes on the girls began to decrease and the crushes on the boys began to increase. At this point, I has began football and didn't want any crushes to affect me at all. Sophomore year is when I would say I was for sure bisexual and it wasn't until senior year, after 2 girlfriends, that I would say I was definitely gay. Ik I hate to be that gay that used to date girls, but it is what it is. So I was about 17 when I came out to myself as gay and vowed to never date a girl again. I was like "Stop lying to yourself. Cain!"
ikspulsniac

First name: Cain

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby DannyBoy612 » 24th March, 2018, 8:05 am

I first suspected something when my synchronized diving partner and I became very close friends when I was about 11. Also, I have had a fear of vaginas, ever since I saw a close up picture of one.
“I mean to make myself a man, and if I succeed in that, I shall succeed in everything else.”
-James A. Garfield, 20th president of the United States
DannyBoy612

First name: Dan
Likes received: 1

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Unread postby alexkangaroo » 16th June, 2018, 3:49 am

10 years old: was spending time with my girl cousin who was looking at celebrities on the internet. We found the same people very attractive.
alexkangaroo

First name: Alex

:
Tier I
Progress to next tier:
0 / 7

Previous

Recently active